Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    unpopular opinion - I hated that whole Rose/Tennant's dr love story. I found it annoying and I feel like it ended up shortchanging one of my fave "new who" companions - Martha Jones.
    Honestly, I kind of have to agree. I think Bad Wolf was done great - but the love story felt forced. And damn right Martha Jones didn't get enough time, she was a kickass companion.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Honestly, I kind of have to agree. I think Bad Wolf was done great - but the love story felt forced. And damn right Martha Jones didn't get enough time, she was a kickass companion.
    IMO it was already seeded in the first season, I think she already fancied the 9th doctor even if it wasn't explicitly told.

That said, Martha was amazing too. Would have loved to see her longer and at first I didn't like Donna at all. Looking back now Donna is actually the best companian NuWho every had.

Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    They changed it to Rose today if you scroll down. Said Rose Tyler yesterday. They corrected themselves.
    It was changed when I made my post.

Reusing the name is bound to lead to comparisons and confusion, which means it's an odd choice to make if it isn't meant to be the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    IMO it was already seeded in the first season, I think she already fancied the 9th doctor even if it wasn't explicitly told.

That said, Martha was amazing too. Would have loved to see her longer and at first I didn't like Donna at all. Looking back now Donna is actually the best companion NuWho every had.
    they definitely hinted a crush there, but possibly because of how Ecleston was playing the Doctor, it personaly didn't bother me as much as it did with Tennant.

also - same on Donna. when she first showed up, I really didn't like her, but she grew on me to the point where she is tied for a fave with Martha for me.

P.S. I did like Bad Wolf as well, honestly, I wish we could see Donna and Martha with Nine... it would have been amazing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    tied for a fave with Martha for me.
    If you want more of her try The Year of Martha Jones. BigFinish also hired Eccleston for 2 seasons of which the first is already available.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    If you want more of her try The Year of Martha Jones. BigFinish also hired Eccleston for 2 seasons of which the first is already available.
    oh, nice thank you!

At the end of RTDs first run, he was turning Doctor Who into Marvel Comics, with 10 leaping out of a spaceship, crashing to earth thru a glass ceiling and landing unharmed, with the Master shooting lightning out of his hands. These were superheroes and supervillains. I wonder if he will continue in that direction.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.