Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    bbc america never edits the show anymore on the first night, its only the reruns that get edited

They did it in the past, so they can do it in the future I'm not willing to chance it. Also Why get Cable TV, I have High Speed internet if BBC America had live stream maybe I would change my habits.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 03:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alexpower3 View Post
    /*If I can make one person stop using torrents it will justify my own use of torrents.. right?*/

Too bad you can't prove my theory wrong. (Isn't that obnoxious?)

The perceived problem would be solved if it was possible to purchase each episode digitally in all regions at the same second as everyone else can AND also download with a peer to peer network so you have lightning fast download speed. Also for less money because the company would have virtually no production costs. (disc, time to make the disc, retail store cut etc)
    Basically this I would be willing to pay for this service, I pay $7.99 a month for Crunchy Roll, I pay the same amount a month for hulu+. Everything I can get from these services I will not have to use a Torrent site.

Basically the Entertainment industry needs to catch up to the rest of the world and technology. The only movies I goto are Imax 3D, I have a very large TV hooked to Ultra fast internet with a Mac mini used to connect to the streaming services. Why pay $50 a month for Cable TV, when I get 1000+ channels of reality TV. Or I can watch what I want when I want it and Pay a reasonable fee.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 03:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    theft, steal

Sorry it is not theft.

To steal: Take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.

Stealing is the psychical act of removing property. For it to qualify as theft the original copy must be no longer in the possession of the legitimate owners.

Copying of intellectual property is covered under trademark law and is a different issue. It has never been theft however.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    If BBC America had live stream maybe I would change my habits.
    Its kindof a pain in the ass, but you can watch it on the main eu bbc site on the release day. It is region locked - so you have to find a UK IP port proxy server and use it with your browser to watch it.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    I admit to having a nice diabolic cackle now and then, but it's not like I'm sitting in front of a bank of monitors each filled with an angry forum thread, stroking a siamese cat and telling my henchmen that they've failed me for the last time. (Source)

Its kindof a pain in the ass, but you can watch it on the main eu bbc site on the release day. It is region locked - so you have to find a UK IP port proxy server and use it with your browser to watch it.
    I just watch it on tvmuse.eu as soon as it finishes airing in the UK. The links put up through putlocker and allmyvideos are the best ones.
    I don't have a television so this is how I always watch Who, and it's available many hours before it comes on in the US so good all around.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing wrong with Piracy.
    Yes you support criminals and potentially are a criminal. Thanks for the clarification. Anything else you say is bullshit.

Sorry it is not theft.

To steal: Take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.

Stealing is the psychical act of removing property. For it to qualify as theft the original copy must be no longer in the possession of the legitimate owners.

Copying of intellectual property is covered under trademark law and is a different issue. It has never been theft however.
    Oh really? MW fact check incoming...

Steal: a: to take or appropriate without right or leave and with intent to keep or make use of wrongfully

Oh look, you're completely wrong.

It's amazing the lengths people will go to sound like morally correct individuals when people would respect you more for admitting your a piece of trash criminal and are unashamed by it. Getting very tired of this 'piracy' isn't wrong bullshit. You know damn well you are taking or using a product that is intended to be purchased via money or obtained via specified outlets. Get over yourself.
    BAD WOLF

Yes you support criminals and potentially are a criminal. Thanks for the clarification. Anything else you say is bullshit.

Steal: a: to take or appropriate without right or leave and with intent to keep or make use of wrongfully

It's amazing the lengths people will go to sound like morally correct individuals when people would respect you more for admitting your a piece of trash criminal and are unashamed by it. Getting very tired of this 'piracy' isn't wrong bullshit. You know damn well you are taking or using a product that is intended to be purchased via money or obtained via specified outlets. Get over yourself.
    Now you're arguing over semantics..

Seriously, do you even understand the meaning of the phrase 'get over yourself'? Because apparently you're the one who needs to get over your self.
    Last edited by Alexpower3; 2013-05-16 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    I admit to having a nice diabolic cackle now and then, but it's not like I'm sitting in front of a bank of monitors each filled with an angry forum thread, stroking a siamese cat and telling my henchmen that they've failed me for the last time. (Source)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    WHAT @_@ when was that confirmed @_@

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 03:14 PM ----------

none till november, then the christmas episode, then series 8 will start in 2014.
    I will not be able to wait that long...I better be getting used to dr who withdraws...

Some people believe different things hence they think they are morally right? I do not think most people do things if they are wrong, they believe it is morally right.
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    They won't reveal what we think. It's always hard to predict this show, so usually what you think is going to happen isn't anywhere close to what actually happens.
    I agree with you, releasing his name is just...too much, it would kill the show. It is too good of a thing to know, instead of the show being called "dr. who" it would be called "mr. smith" or w/e his name is. I could see them showing his name is gallifreyan and say that his not can not be translated to english, though clara did find it in the book so that could not make sense>.<. But even if they know his name does not mean they will speak it. I still think his name is the key to the time lock thing(every lock has a key)
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

They did it in the past, so they can do it in the future I'm not willing to chance it. Also Why get Cable TV, I have High Speed internet if BBC America had live stream maybe I would change my habits.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 03:23 PM ----------

Basically this I would be willing to pay for this service, I pay $7.99 a month for Crunchy Roll, I pay the same amount a month for hulu+. Everything I can get from these services I will not have to use a Torrent site.

Basically the Entertainment industry needs to catch up to the rest of the world and technology. The only movies I goto are Imax 3D, I have a very large TV hooked to Ultra fast internet with a Mac mini used to connect to the streaming services. Why pay $50 a month for Cable TV, when I get 1000+ channels of reality TV. Or I can watch what I want when I want it and Pay a reasonable fee.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 03:31 PM ----------

Sorry it is not theft.

they havent done it for a few years now and if they did they know whovians would just skip them, bbc america has gone a long way to please whovians, hell bbc america is pretty much the doctor who and gordan ramsey channel when it isnt prime time.

the first night - no edits
    reruns after that - edits

if the problem is you cant watch it when it premiers they rerun it like 3 times unedited in the night so theres plenty of timeslots to watch it live and not miss other shows and if you cant watch it live just use a dvr and if you dont have a dvr you should get one i cant see how anyone can watch tv without a dvr.

i understand things happen hell ive had it happen where my dvr blew up in a lightning storm (i even had surge protectors) but really theres no reason not to watch it on bbc america.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 07:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I will not be able to wait that long...I better be getting used to dr who withdraws...

Some people believe different things hence they think they are morally right? I do not think most people do things if they are wrong, they believe it is morally right.

I agree with you, releasing his name is just...too much, it would kill the show. It is too good of a thing to know, instead of the show being called "dr. who" it would be called "mr. smith" or w/e his name is. I could see them showing his name is gallifreyan and say that his not can not be translated to english, though clara did find it in the book so that could not make sense>.<. But even if they know his name does not mean they will speak it. I still think his name is the key to the time lock thing(every lock has a key)
    well while the show wont be here if you live in the us every month bbc america is doing a doctor who revisisted for each doctor with a 30 minute documentary about the doctor and then a classic episode (t be honest i have no idea what they will do for 8 i guess show the movie or somethin)

and every month a short story will be released for each doctor online that only cost like 2 dollars (or if you wait till november you can buy the hardback with all 11 stories for only 6 bucks)

and theres a big audio drama being made that will release in november featuring a team up with a bunch of different doctors
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Now you're arguing over semantics.
    Let me get this straight. When someone says stealing is only physical items, then I prove them wrong with the same source they used (but did not provide adequate information from) it's called arguing semantics? That's very interesting. Good luck in life. I hope your thinking lands you in a court room one day so the judge can laugh you into a prison cell.
    That's why we have this convenient system called law. It has existed almost as long as our pathetic existence on this Earth. In the end it doesn't matter what you believe is morally wrong or right, because it's illegal. Jesus now piracy is just a safe haven for entitled babies.
    BAD WOLF

Do we really need to ruin a Doctor Who thread with arguments about Piracy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Do we really need to ruin a Doctor Who thread with arguments about Piracy?
    It was ruined when people are advertising/supporting piracy (which is against the forum rules) in regards to our favorite show. It should have never been mentioned in the first place.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    The finale is sooooo close!

I can't wait to find out The Doctor's secret! Clearly they aren't going to say his name to the audience. But according to the prequel, Clara will find out what he is running from and where he is running to (hopefully we'll get to find out alongside her). This is what I most want to know. Why did The Doctor & the TARDIS run away in the first place??! Tell me your secret Doctor!!!

Also, for the Moffat debate some of you like to have, this is an interesting read:

The Central Problem With Steven Moffat's Doctor Who
    I read it is was a good read, I agree with most of it. I have to say it makes me want to read/watch batman now...

It was ruined when people are advertising/supporting piracy (which is against the forum rules) in regards to our favorite show. It should have never been mentioned in the first place.
    Then lets not talk about it anymore? Okay everyone is on the same page...
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-05-17 at 01:30 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I read it is was a good read, I agree with most of it. I have to say it makes me want to read/watch batman now...
    Bwahahah Iknowrite? I'm like why is this guy talking about Batman repeatedly? Then immediately, damn I miss the Joker.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bwahahah Iknowrite? I'm like why is this guy talking about Batman repeatedly? Then immediately, damn I miss the Joker.
    It reminded me of Batman Under the Red Hood , which was a pretty awesome movie.

Batman is somewhat similar to dr. who, they are both vigilantes, separate from the "world order/government", somewhat remind me of each other also, so I can see his points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    You are the only one getting bent out of shape, it was mention because of the accidental shipping of the Blue Ray. Most of us are hoping no one rips it and puts it up BTW.

But your stance on something which is not a criminal offense, is ridiculous. You can be sued, but you can not go to jail for Piracy unless you host a website for hosting material. Torrenting and sharing is not illegal, however you can be sued for the shares. It is not a theft issue it is a copyright infringement issue, very different things legally. Hell You are guilty of it with your avatar, most of us are guilty of the same copyright issues if we upload an image of copyrighted material and us it with out express written consent from the publisher. Every Screen shot of Doctor Who in this thread is just as guilty as a guy downloading a torrent of Doctor Who.

The finale is sooooo close!

I can't wait to find out The Doctor's secret! Clearly they aren't going to say his name to the audience. But according to the prequel, Clara will find out what he is running from and where he is running to (hopefully we'll get to find out alongside her). This is what I most want to know. Why did The Doctor & the TARDIS run away in the first place??! Tell me your secret Doctor!!!

Also, for the Moffat debate some of you like to have, this is an interesting read:

The Central Problem With Steven Moffat's Doctor Who
    That's just the current storyline that has run since Moffat started, which is getting wrapped up in The Name of the Doctor. The Doctor have even worked on making himself smaller after sixth season.

Also, Piracy is worst than theft, in terms of downloadable media. When you steal, you take a copy. When you pirate, you take from a endless source that can easily be taken from rapidly, losing them much more than stealing a single copy would ever lose them.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2013-05-17 at 06:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

I wish he would stop trying to rebuild the show, i was happy the way it was >.< Who cares if the effects weren't amazing, it was a great story with interesting characters and it made you feel like you couldn't miss an episode form the season >.< the 2nd half of season 7 has been the worst for me since it's relaunch

ClaraV3.0 must be the most dullest character in existence, Strax, Aastra and Jenny are much more entertaining and interesting. We all know that the reason Clara is scattered through time is going to be something timey wimey similar to the big band/ or somthing compeltly silly like the last of the time lords, which ending doesn't really make total sense and has tons of plot holes but we go with it anyway...
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-05-17 at 08:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Silence in top hats.
    Eheheheheh.

Only two days left now, too keen!
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait for tommorrow, i so want to know who/what Clara is, the amount of "theories" are driving me crazy

10+ Year Old Account
    Also thinking back...is house from the doctors wife the same species as the creatures from the family of blood? 0o

Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-05-17 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post

I wish he would stop trying to rebuild the show, i was happy the way it was >.< Who cares if the effects weren't amazing, it was a great story with interesting characters and it made you feel like you couldn't miss an episode form the season >.< the 2nd half of season 7 has been the worst for me since it's relaunch

ClaraV3.0 must be the most dullest character in existence, Strax, Aastra and Jenny are much more entertaining and interesting. We all know that the reason Clara is scattered through time is going to be something timey wimey similar to the big band/ or somthing compeltly silly like the last of the time lords, which ending doesn't really make total sense and has tons of plot holes but we go with it anyway...
    weird this season has probably been my favorite out of all the seasons, will be interesting to see where moffat goes after this arc, and i doubt even after the finale that whatever happens at trenzalore keeps the silence from going after him.

the whisper men are pretty awesome too

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 09:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Silence in top hats.
    Eheheheheh.

Only two days left now, too keen!
    those arent the silence, they are the whisper men. they actually have mouths :P

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 10:22 AM ----------

im rewatching every episode from this series today. gonna be all prepared for the name of the doctor.

also when i went to put on the snowmen on my dvr because i record 15 minutes before and after just to be extra safe i had the last bit of angels take manhattan on there. the feels
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552