Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Triage View Post
    When the Doctor looks into his room, after opening door 11, he says: "who else?" (can't remember exact line, but i was in reference to a person)

So, this is interesting, as his greatest fear is not something, like an event, but someone. I wonder who it is.
    Most likely himself, possibly on his deathbed. It was already established last series that the single person who hates The Doctor the most is himself. It could also (although I can't imagine this to be the case) be The Valeyard, for those of you who ever watched the original series. But again, I doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    i didn't really like closing time either ....6 cybermen and a cybermat...not really on the scale of other episodes....

for example episode 12 of the past 5 series

series1- big brother, the weakest link, trinny + susannah and an entire fleet of daleks
    series 2- ghosts appearing all across the world, a giant portal to another world being opened up to let millions of cybermen in.
    series 3- the master captures the tardis, becomes pime minister, kills the president , unleashes an army of toclafane and takes over the world
    series 4- features all of the companions, rose comes back the doctor dies, an army of cybermen, a doomsday device that will destroy the universe, the earth has been moved across the universe to power the doomsday device.
    series 5- features all of the doctors enemies and the doctor gets locked in prison the tardis explodes and the universe ends.
    series 6- 6 cybermen and a cybermat attack a shopping centre they are defeated by love....
    ... The series aren't done. Just because the final episode isn't a two-parted doesn't mean it will be in any way less of a massive event.

EDIT: As for Closing Time, I really liked it. It was nice to have an episode with a bit more focus on humour, but it also struck the balance brilliantly between the serious moments and the funny ones. The only disappointment was the resolution to the Cyberman problem, we've pretty much already seen the excact same solution already this series.
    Last edited by MushroomBomb; 2011-09-25 at 09:23 AM.

i really liked closing time. the scene where the doctor was reminising about his like with alfie in his arms was sweet. "i ruled the stage" was nice.

another good quote: "i have an app for that" xD

Not Mum - Not Mum - PEASENTS!. this had me in stichs while I just watch the show this morning I had to pause and have a good laugh.

I was really happy abou tthis epiosde after lthe last time I posted here about one episode beening way to predictable really looking forward to next weeks now I can see it being a 2 parter though :S
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    really looking forward to next weeks now I can see it being a 2 parter though :S
    The next episode is the finale, only just 1 episode, 13 episodes this season and Closing Time was the 12th.

I always like the 2 part episodes more, but I think this last episode should be pretty epic even if it is only 1 episode. The season finales are always awesome in Doctor Who.

Quote Originally Posted by Triage View Post
    When the Doctor looks into his room, after opening door 11, he says: "who else?" (can't remember exact line, but i was in reference to a person)

So, this is interesting, as his greatest fear is not something, like an event, but someone. I wonder who it is.
    I looked back at that part just now to make sure: when he has the door open and while he is saying that, you can hear that repeating sound that the TARDIS makes when it is all red inside and shits gone down, like the paradox machine with the master episode with martha jones, and the episode where donna meets rose in an alternate reality.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way, Doctor Who Confidential for Closing Time was hilarious; Matt Smith and James Corden (Craig) are making their own little Doctor Who episode using their phone. I won't spoil but it is like the best thing ever.

As for the vision the Doctor received in his room, according to Confidential (really something you guys should invest in watching after the weekly eps) they expect fans to debate that question for years but it isn't something they are going to answer.

I have seen a few comments that the Cybermen in Closing Time were underwhelming. I propose that the episode was not supposed to focus on them; it is a typical episode in the new Who's where they let up on the stress a little bit before sinking into the finales. That said, the final confrontation with the Cybermen, The Doctors goodbye to the children - both were very emotionally charged scenes.

My only major complaint is that Matt and James have such excellent chemistry that it is almost a crime that they will likely not be seen together on Who again.

I don't think I get Confidential on BBC America! I remember watching it from the first season of Matt Smith because we rented the DvDs, but I haven't seen any of them since =(

Quote Originally Posted by obc View Post
    btw the way matt smith stood the whole of the villians of the galaxy down in "the pandorica opens" was soo amazing. "So, if you're sitting up there in your silly little space ships with all your silly little guns, and you've got any plans on taking the Pandorica tonight, just remember who's standing in your way! Remember every black day I ever stopped you, and then, *and then*, do the smart thing! ... Let somebody else try first. "
    I think that might be my favorite line from any Doctor Who episode ever, it gave me chills and made me say "Fu** yeah!" aloud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    I don't think I get Confidential on BBC America! I remember watching it from the first season of Matt Smith because we rented the DvDs, but I haven't seen any of them since =(
    If it isn't available on BBC America I suggest just downloading it from someplace. In comparison to the ratings of the actual show, DWC has a fairly low viewing base so I guess I am not too shocked it doesn't come on BBCA.

10+ Year Old Account
    the cloister bell rung when he opened the door which only rings when the tardis or the universe is in danger of going boom
    http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Cloister_Bell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    the cloister bell rung when he opened the door which only rings when the tardis or the universe is in danger of going boom
    http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Cloister_Bell
    Did it? I can't recall it happening in that episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Did it? I can't recall it happening in that episode.
    Oh it did, which is what lead me to my hypothesis that the master might return and take control of the TARDIS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    Oh it did, which is what lead me to my hypothesis that the master might return and take control of the TARDIS.
    I'm thinking that hoping for The Master to pop back up in this series may be a little Master-fanboy to the max my friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    the doctor and rose from another program...enough to traumatise anyone :S be careful contains 13+ content

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r5aM...ture=fvwp&NR=1
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2011-09-28 at 11:31 AM.

[QUOTE=Frozenbeef;13417003]the doctor and rose from another program...enough to traumatise anyone :S be careful contains 13+ content

The funny thing is I watched Secret Diary of a call girl before I started watching Doctor Who, so it was especially funny!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was discussing this at work today with a friend who has watched Dr Who for as long as I have (Tom Baker era)

Looking forward to seeing how The Doctor manages to avoid his rapidly approaching death.

Personally I'm hoping the ending is worth the build up and that Amy/Rory both die horribly, as I think Amy is the worst companion since the series relaunch.

Amy's scripts

1) Waaaaaaaaahhhhh I love Rory

or

2) Waaaaaaahhhhh I love The Doctor

Seriously it's getting old fast, please make sure the next companion can actually act and stop hiring actresses based on their looks.

Even though I'm from Karen Gillams hometown, I just can't stand her character.

My money is on River killing Rory as a twist.

10+ Year Old Account
    omg I just had a mini freakout :S

I was 1/2 watching the entertainment news before Family Guy, and they had one of those scrolling news things at the bottom, and saw something about Doctor Who being dropped after this season :S

turns out it's just Confidential being dropped, and the main show will continue... still though, was a scary moment
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Radnips View Post
    My money is on River killing Rory as a twist.
    I never thought about that...isn't there a scene where River seems excited to see Rory, and she says something like she never thought she'd see him again?

Doctor Who is a great TV Show.. I really like this show......

I loved this show as a kid, it's terrible now.

Christopher Ecclestone made a great doctor, David Tennant stayed a bit too long and the new one, I won't even bother learning his name he is that bad.

Peter Davison is still the best doctor!