Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    23 nov wasn't it?

Also, I can't wait to see how david ten plays into this, it said it was to do with the 50th special, could be 3 doctors in one episode? oO
    I'd be willing to safely bet that we definitely get to see 3 incarnations, but two doctors. John Hurt isn't technically a Doctor it seems

Edit: turned spoiler into a decent spoiler, no more silly white text :P
    Last edited by mmocaf5892d726; 2013-05-18 at 08:32 PM.

well since hes a duplicate / clone what ever you want to call it, its always been likely he will make a appereance,

But having another doctor come into the play, its mind boggling how their going to spin off avoiding a paradox, I mean look what happened when rose saved her father, that was a tiny act in comparison
    Just because Tennant appears with Billie Piper in the anniversary doesn't mean it is Clone Doc and Rose. Could be them from a slightly earlier timeline.
    Hell, the previous Doctors don't remember meeting their future/past selves in their own serials. Else Doc #2 would have remembered Doc #5 from "The Five Doctors" in a Doc #2 adventure.

Indeed I have the same problem

But did I understand it right, hes not technically a doctor because he did what he did under a different name,

Are we assuming he used the doctors real name, or are we assuming a different title?

Also, this thread is far to un-active for a series finale

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    Just because Tennant appears with Billie Piper in the anniversary doesn't mean it is Clone Doc and Rose. Could be them from a slightly earlier timeline.
    Hell, the previous Doctors don't remember meeting their future/past selves in their own serials. Else Doc #2 would have remembered Doc #5 from "The Five Doctors" in a Doc #2 adventure.
    True, but the likely hood would seem to point otherwise, I mean if the time stream / scaring is that extensive, they could argue by him entering his own could rip a tear between universes

Also, was it announced Billie would be appearing as well? lets face it, if shes in it with the duplicate, theres going to be some sort of buffer in it with a love triangle type thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed I have the same problem

But did I understand it right, hes not technically a doctor because he did what he did under a different name,

Are we assuming he used the doctors real name, or are we assuming a different title?

Also, this thread is far to un-active for a series finale
    Gone straight from Doctor Who to the Eurovision Song Contest. Good times.

I can't wait for the 23rd November now. John Hurt is just phenomenal, and I'm really looking forward to just to see what he does.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Also, kudos towards the Great Intelligence saying "The Valeyard" as one of the Doctor's "future" names
    When did he say that?

10+ Year Old Account

Hes bound to be a dark character helping the universe, but not caring about damage along the way, similar to the duplicate destroying the daleks maybe?

Definitely a rogue character and it won't surprise me if hes the main "objective" of season 8, and S8 finishs with his defeat and the docs regen

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Irloki View Post
    When did he say that?
    just outside the tomb when he says he'll get many more names in the time to come etc

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 08:26 PM ----------

I shall listen to that after eurovision sir!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well ... first off you realy need to grow thicker skin.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    so is John Hurt the new Dr. or the Forgotten Dr.?

True, but the likely hood would seem to point otherwise, I mean if the time stream / scaring is that extensive, they could argue by him entering his own could rip a tear between universes

Also, was it announced Billie would be appearing as well? lets face it, if shes in it with the duplicate, theres going to be some sort of buffer in it with a love triangle type thing
    They can cross eachother timestreams during special circumstances.
    Like the Time Lords did most of the time in the old show, except for that one time when Doc #2 and Doc #6 teamed up(The Two Doctors).
    Not to mention the (Children in Need) minisode with Doc #5 & #10.
    Did the universe implode? No. Yes he can't cross his own timestream all the time, but there are special occasions when he can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cpillow View Post
    Nice take on it

Quote Originally Posted by Jaed View Post
    so is John Hurt the new Dr. or the Forgotten Dr.?
    Use spoilers next time.
    John Hurt is the REAL Doctor 9 who pressed the big red button to wipe out the Time Lords/Daleks in the Time War by Time Locking them. Causing many deaths to save many many more. However, he did it under his REAL name (which we don't know), so he isn't counted as "The Doctor". Thus Eccleston who played the 9th Doctor is still the 9th Doctor, but the 10th Incarnation of the Doctor/

They can cross eachother timestreams during special circumstances.
    Like the Time Lords did most of the time in the old show, except for that one time when Doc #2 and Doc #6 teamed up(The Two Doctors).
    Not to mention the (Children in Need) minisode with Doc #5 & #10.
    Did the universe implode? No. Yes he can't cross his own timestream all the time, but there are special occasions when he can.
    I'll be honest, watching the originals is on my to do list, so my only references are from Eccels onwards, but I do know it used to be a common thing crossing universes when the time lords were still around lets call it, but since its only him its not possible without causing damage, and it was sealed sealed in that last special episode,

and I do believe I missed that CIN one with 5 and 10 oO

Edit:

Do you recall which Children in Need year showed that episode?

Deleted
    I'll be honest, watching the originals is on my to do list, so my only references are from Eccels onwards, but I do know it used to be a common thing crossing universes when the time lords were still around lets call it, but since its only him its not possible without causing damage, and it was sealed sealed in that last special episode,

Edit:

I actually only just watched that special CIN today as a matter of fact. I bloody loved it, honestly.

Give me the year or link vini

Edit:

As I said, Doc #2 and #6 met without Time Lord interference.
    And it was a Children in Need after Martha's departure, between S3 and S4 of the new show.

Deleted
    Give me the year or link vini
    I'll do both:

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szuP0oBZX4g

Dang, dirk123 beat me to it. He even embedded the video, whilst all I did was link it like a nub :P

Well still,

Thank you both another watch for when eurovision is over

AHHHHHHH what a fantastic episode !!

Clara's story was wrapped up neatly. She has redeemed herself from being a useless companion. River Song's role was handled much better than I ever envisioned. She's still locked in the Library's database but able to have an impact in the real world; now she can be used sparingly in the future with no need to explain long absences. I totally freaked out when G.I. mentioned the Valeyard as one of The Doctor's future names (HE'S STILL COMING, YES!).

John Hurt's surprise appearance was on point. I thought at first this shadowy version of The Doctor was going to be his original self, going back to the theory about him being "The Other" but alas it was not meant to be (yet). So it looks like John Hurt is portraying the version of The Doctor during the Last Great Time War... the one who makes the decision to wipe out the Time Lords. EPIC! The conversation was a bit confusing but it seems like John Hurt's character used his real name (that is, The Doctor's real name) during that regeneration; this must also have been a Doctor born in battle but probably right in the middle of all the chaos so he was much more evil. Eccleston's Doctor probably came about during the last fight of the Time War, then, I imagine. Anyway it seemed awfully strange to introduce John Hurt in the conversation between he and Smith as "NOT The Doctor" and then immediately put in big letter's "John Hurt is The Doctor" because that completely disregards Smith's comment that Hurt is not represented as holding the name The Doctor.

The 50th Anniversary is coming in November, followed by the Christmas Special in December, and we won't see Series/Season 8 begin until early 2014.