Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I trust the show runners far to much to think they'd ever indulge some vacuous bint's powertrip with the latest "big star"
    Unlike Billie Piper?

10+ Year Old Account
    two pictures i thought were funny :P

Deleted
    Offical poster for the 50th :

It will last 75 minutes.

Deleted
    It has been known for a while

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Billie Piper? Oh noes!
    I would do nasty things to that woman... lol

Reg should we lock you up now or later?

Love the poster. They he put in "Bad Wolf" and love the way the Daleks are destroyed. Not that I have looked into but I thought there would be more "past" doctors appearing in this since it's the 50th anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post

Love the poster. They he put in "Bad Wolf" and love the way the Daleks are destroyed. Not that I have looked into but I thought there would be more "past" doctors appearing in this since it's the 50th anniversary.
    Eccelson doesn't want to have any part of DW anymore. Not sure why they're not using McGann, the rest of the older ones who are still alive are probably not being used because there's been such a large gap between now and when they were the Doctor that they no longer look like the Doctor that they played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post

Definitely later. I want to do said nasty things lol

Well mostly there will be no older doctors in it but in a way they might all be in it just like in the name of the doctor with cgi where they might just make david walk into the second doctors tardis something along those lines will probably happen

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Eccelson doesn't want to have any part of DW anymore. Not sure why they're not using McGann, the rest of the older ones who are still alive are probably not being used because there's been such a large gap between now and when they were the Doctor that they no longer look like the Doctor that they played.
    Eccleston did say he'd take part if the episode was done by a specific director but I think that was too lately mentioned. I was surprised that McGann was excluded, that just seems mean to me. He was open to doing it, he had put together a BBC-approved (and now official) 8th Doctor outfit about a year or so ago, and to just take the story away from him doesn't sit well with me at all.

As for older Doctors, Peter Davison and Sylvester McCoy still absolutely look the part. McCoy hardly looks much different now than in his last appearance (alongside McGann) and Davison reprised the role with great success in the Time Crash short. I think Davison being older now would make for an even deeper portrayal of the character.

Loving, absolutely loving, Hurt's outfit in that picture however! Remnants of the 8th's waistcoat and ascot underneath the leather coat and heavy boots that 9 showed up in.
    Last edited by Shockeye; 2013-09-11 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    I really liked that too, but the way he saved everyone in Waters was disappointing and far-fetched
    Am I just completely misremembering Waters? I could have sworn by the time that episode ended he had saved no one.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Am I just completely misremembering Waters? I could have sworn by the time that episode ended he had saved no one.
    He saved like 3 people iirc, and then commander topped herself in her home. 2 others told the media their tale of the events -as the only survivors.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    You are correct for the most part. The timeline corrected itself even though he went all "Victorious!" and broke the rules his people created.

Mia and Yuri survive. He saves Adelaide from Mars but can't save her from herself.

Oh, I totally forgot about Mia and Yuri ><

The thing is, they had to do the whole "the Doctor saves everyone!" theme but of course realised that they can't really do that so some adjusting had to be made, in essence giving the episode two endings. It was a great episode but the ending lacked courage or decisiveness is what I'm getting at.

Fundamentally it highlighted the fact that all the "rules" the show has made around time travel, rules which are by necessity extraordinarily thin, are there to be disregarded when the narrative demands they be so ignored. It's not at all new to the show by any means, but is always disappointing.

Other than that, Waters was a tonne of fun and I really enjoyed it. I am always happy to see Lindsay Duncan in a show as well, she's a phenomenal actress and her and the Doctor made for a great dynamic.

They didn't break any of the "rules" that has been made around time travel. They've said that anything can be changed except for fixed points in time. If you try to change a fixed point you get the end of Season 6 when time goes bonkers.

The destruction of the Mars base was a fixed point in time, which is why I said the rules were broken or at least bent to accommodate the Doctor being victorious but time reinforcing itself, sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    The destruction of the Mars base was a fixed point in time, which is why I said the rules were broken or at least bent to accommodate the Doctor being victorious but time reinforcing itself, sort of.
    It was destroyed, and the Commander died. Those were fixed points and they didn't change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    It was destroyed, and the Commander died. Those were fixed points and they didn't change.
    It would have if she did not kill herself.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose