Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Imagine this: Doctor Clara Oswald
    **REPORTED for trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yup, I think if it had gone Eccleston > Tennant > Capaldi > Smith, or Eccleston > Capaldi > Tennant > Smith people would have had a much easier time adjusting to him... But having two VERY bouncy energetic doctors followed by this dour scotsman... It was too jarring for people who had grown up expecting the Doctor to be one way, then suddenly having him be very different.

The question now becomes... Will Chris do his own thing and cast who he wants, OR will he bow to the masses and cast another Tennat clone Doctor?

EDIT: Seeing a lot of talk of Tara Fitzgerald being Capaldi's replacement... Shocking...
    Must agree with this. I had some kind of an hard time getting used to Capaldi, but now the more i try to backtrack the more i think Capaldi has been a really good Doctor. It's just the comparison with Tennant/Smith that makes him look worse, but in fact i appreciated a lot how Capaldi managed to work into the most troublesome side of the doctor and show how compliacted in fact the character is.

While i loved tennant and Smith a lot, Capaldi interpretation pulled some strings that the other two didn't manage to (and actually i find him way more similar to Eccleston who again managed to portrait the Doctor's conflict).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Thing is if you have seen the classic show you wouldve appreciated Capaldi alot more imo but seeing how not many people have seen much of the classic show and the only doctor they are familar with is some youthful energetic guy i can see why some people didnt take to him.

I aint kidding when i put Capaldi in my top 5 doctors of all time that how much i liked his performance but its just like i said let down by shitty writing that was what killed Colin Bakers doctor.

Though i doubt Capaldi is leaving because of popular demand i think he is leaving cause he is getting more offers for work that he has to turn down because of Doctor Who.

Deleted
    Finger crossed that whoever Chibnal brings in (spoiler warning, it'll be a PoC, probably a woman), they get a bit more love from the Whovians and can settle into the role a bit more comfortably.
    PoC AND female. This wont work well

I dont think it will be a female doctor.

they'll probably go for a young doctor again like matt and david.

I could see him not being white though.

as for the lists i wouldnt put any stock into them unless all of a sudden theres an actual leak and everybody puts someone who wasnt even being talked about up at the top like the last couple times.

remember when last time all of a sudden a couple weeks before the announcement everybody just randomly put capaldi at the top of their list?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't even joke about such things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently this is a list of the bookies favourites to replace Capaldi... Word of warning, they could NOT have been more wrong last time and only had a spike in Capaldi's odds on the day he was announced.

That said, Here are 13 early favourites: http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/13-earl...ctor-83020.htm

For me, the only notable names are

Richard Ayoade. A great pick and he'd probably direct a few episodes as well, which could be fun... However, as he's just started hosting Crystal Maze I can't see him taking on another big project like this.

Olivia Coleman. LEGENDARY actor and has worked with Chris before, so he knows how good she is... Honestly, while I'm against them fucking with the role too much, I've been saying for years now that IF we had to have a female Doctor, I'd want it to be her.

Russel Tovey. I've wanted him to be the Doctor since Tennant left... If rumours are to be trusted, when they were casting Smith it was down to Tovey and Smith, with Smith just edging him out at the finishing post, so it could be a good chance for him.

Jason Flemyng. I hadn't even thought of him, then he popped up on this list and now I'm all for it. He'd be a good balance between Tennant/Smith's bounciness and Capaldi's gruffness.

My absolute NOs.

Andrew Scott. I don't know why, but he really annoys me. I loved him first turn as Moriarty, but since then he's gotten progressively worse and now I can't stand him.

Ben Whishaw. Is it just me of does he have THE WORLD'S MOST PUNCHABLE FACE...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I really like Capaldi. I definitely liked him better than Matt Smith, but maybe I was just let down by Smith's goofiness after Tennant's emo-ness. Personally, Eccleston and Capaldi have been the best doctors for me. I feel like the Tennant Doctor was, narratively, pushed to that regeneration because of his feelings for Rose (as Eccleston), and I think that kind of goes beyond the pale of what the Doctor, as a character, is supposed to be.

Deleted

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me, the only notable names are
    If they were going to go with a non-white actor, I think Ayoade is #1 in my books hands down. If they have to go with female, which I agree would be a mistake and also a forced decision to be PC in the Trump world, Olivia is not remotely who I would pick. Her comedic roles have all fit with the show she was on and her serious roles were amazing, but I don't see her capable of marrying them together with the eccentricity required to be the Doctor. Would hate it. Some of the others on the list would work well to have either a classic Doctor (which we sorta saw in Capaldi and didn't work for the masses) or a Tennant/Smith revival:

Classic:
    Rory Kinnear, would work fine but would probably not inject any enthusiasm in the role to the masses.
    Ben Daniels, same really.

Smith/Tennant:

Tovey - Always a favorite. His performance in Being Human alone would sell me on him being the Doctor.
    Jason Flemyng - could actually bridge between a Capaldi like and Tennant like. I would be interested to see this, but it would never happen.
    Andrew Scott - No. Too much Moriarty in his blood and face at this point. I don't think he would make a likable Doctor at all.
    Rupert Grint - Would actually be fantastic, but not from his Potter days. His other small roles have been interesting. Admittedly, when he starts it would take him a season to get down the nuance needed to be great...but I think he could do it. Plus we'd get to see the Doctor freak out about finally being Ginger.

Really, really don't like Ben Wishaw at all but I can see them thinking 'he looks like a Doctor, let's do it'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    m.scott gif
    My reaction, exactly.
    BAD WOLF

I'm just gonna say it. I would love for Patrick Stewart to play the Doctor.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I'm just gonna say it. I would love for Patrick Stewart to play the Doctor.
    No, Hugh Laurie all the way.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Rupert Grint - Would actually be fantastic, but not from his Potter days. His other small roles have been interesting. Admittedly, when he starts it would take him a season to get down the nuance needed to be great...but I think he could do it. Plus we'd get to see the Doctor freak out about finally being Ginger.
    I totally agree, having seen him in some other things, I think he would make a FANTASTIC Doctor... However, much like Ayoade, he's just signed up to be in something else (He plays the lead in the TV series of Snatch, which has a fair amount of potential), so I can't see him taking on a role as full on as the Doctor. Which is actually a real shame, maybe after this Doctor leaves, he can jump in then.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

my dream totally not gonna happen wish

boyega

- - - Updated - - -

whoever it is i want him to wear something dank as hell like this

also my other wishlist. rahul kohli

"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's too busy being awesome AF on iZombie.
    BAD WOLF

Hugh Laurie or Tom Hardy would be my ideal Doctor or just bring back Tennant.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Mark Gattis as the doctor?

He is weird, Gay and Ginger.... HE WOULD BE PERFECT!! Also he is a tremendous actor and imo the best actor in the Sherlock series.

And even though he has appeared in the show before we all know previous appearances dont affect your chances of being the doctor. Just ask Colin Baker and Peter Capaldi!
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-02-01 at 08:11 AM.

I feel like iZombie will be canceled soon enough. I like the show, just don't know that it has the numbers. But then again, it is a CW show, they're not as reliant on numbers as big as the networks.

Richard Ayoade.
    This would be absolutely fantastic.