Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Matt Smith was my favorite. And i don't like much the new doctor. And it feels weird being a woman. Sexism apart i can't really imagine a woman being the new doctor.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what's the deal with the UK these days but to me, it looks like it's full of people of Indian/Pakistani persuasion. Also not a fan of the women-centric nature of latest seasons as well. I don't mind a female doctor, but fixing the TARDIS in a garage next to a car like a mechanic is too in your face - this is not 70s, we know women can do it. Not to mention the unnecessary glorification of women in history. We know the history.

Tell me an interesting Who story, don't tell me women are awesome - I can judge for myself.

Although considering the Indian/Pakistani thing... maybe it's true and that's meant as educational material for them?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I don't know what's the deal with the UK these days but to me, it looks like it's full of people of Indian/Pakistani persuasion. Also not a fan of the women-centric nature of latest seasons as well. I don't mind a female doctor, but fixing the TARDIS in a garage next to a car like a mechanic is too in your face - this is not 70s, we know women can do it. Not to mention the unnecessary glorification of women in history. We know the history.

Tell me an interesting Who story, don't tell me women are awesome - I can judge for myself.

Although considering the Indian/Pakistani thing... maybe it's true and that's meant as educational material for them?
    People from india and the middle east are pretty common in the UK like people from south america are pretty common in the us.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is they are making that the focus though..like take Martha/ micky they were brilliant. Their skin colour, disability and heritage isn't their entire personality. I didn't need a story of how Martha overcame adversity and became a doctor, she was just awesome to start off and can see that in her character.

Also i live in Sheffield...current demographic is 84% white.
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2020-01-10 at 07:23 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the disability thing. Previously when a companion did fuck up you just went "you stupid mother fucker listen to the doctor", what is the expected reaction for a companion with a disability who fucks up as a result of said disability? It's a legit excuse for him to fuck up - boring. Can I even laugh at it? it's not exactly laughing matter. Do I need to feel sad? Well, that's a sad choice of a companion right there, Doc.

I just see these SJW agendas everywhere in the show now. But at least the tardis core looks like a dildo.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Just going to put this out there:

His "Disability", Dyspraxia? Yeah. I have it. moderately bad. It literally has zero effect on my day to day life. It's not even worth being CALLED a disability, unless it's SO severe that it impacts simple tasks. Which clearly his isn't, as we've seen him do all kinds of shit.

It's a poor plot point, that they need to focus on far less. Unless, for some stupid reason, saving the world requires him to throw a ball really accurately, without time to aim. Or catch something very small, moving at a fair speed.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Yeah, the disability thing. Previously when a companion did fuck up you just went "you stupid mother fucker listen to the doctor", what is the expected reaction for a companion with a disability who fucks up as a result of said disability? It's a legit excuse for him to fuck up - boring. Can I even laugh at it? it's not exactly laughing matter. Do I need to feel sad? Well, that's a sad choice of a companion right there, Doc.

I just see these SJW agendas everywhere in the show now. But at least the tardis core looks like a dildo.
    Noticed the TARDIS rotary being a dildo too last week..not even mentioning the sonic. Like it's just painful to see them butchering probably the best show in existence.

Regarding this weeks episode...it ended a bit strangely..like they had the Tardis they could have saved them or just stepped on the teleport after the others left... also again sick of this constant theme of "this week you should feel guilty because of <SELECT HUMAN BAD THING>" Also wanted to punt the green haired gnome...
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2020-01-12 at 09:08 PM.

Multiple pundits are reporting that Rotten Tomatoes has reset the audience score because it was so bad.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/doctor_who/s12

Unfortunately, the new ratings are 6%.

TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Everything was bad in that episode, like... everything! =/

I swear this entire episode was directed and edited by a High School Student on Speed/Crack. It was just a nightmare of cutting / editing with the most generic shoe-horned plots spilled out in the most absolute generic way possible.

And, look, speaking as a Classic Series fanatic and somebody who clearly believes in very progressive views - I've obviously never EVER had a problem with messages that were relevant to today's topics - but even Classic Who didn't write it down on a big plank of wood and smash it over my head several times over like that ending did! >_<

Good christ, talk about designing an ending just to "trigger" anti-SJWs than to actually get a proper message across! Like he WANTED an outrage backlash from anti-SJW people rather than to, you know, make a good point about today. >_<

Also, did it REALLLY need to be set on Earth to get the point across that "Treat Planet bad = bad things happen?"

...but hey! The trees in the SMEGGING BACKGROUND looked fine for a CHARRED-OUT PLANET! o_O

What an unholy mess! Seriously, this episode topped the Spider one from last season as worst episode so far. >_<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Multiple pundits are reporting that Rotten Tomatoes has reset the audience score because it was so bad.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/IJP2EDP.png[IMG]
    That, Captain Marvel and other specific shows/movies can't be trusted from there as they're literally being under a constant coordinated attack from, to use their own terminology "Triggered Net-Jackasses".
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2020-01-13 at 01:34 AM.

So back by popular demand is my doctor who reacts (wouldve done spyfall but i went to the theater showing so couldnt. but hoo boy i wouldve freaked out on here if i did)

I kinda wish we had seen their adventure on the hentai planet
    the little boxes will make you angry
    what in the holy hell is this low budget squirrel girl cosplay doing in my who?
    yaz cockblocking AGAIN
    bella is already the best part of this episode
    inbetweener boi and his awful mop of a wig (did they spend all their costume budget last episode or something?)
    oh no you better not kill the wholesome old man hes already half dead!
    i think the dregs are just hungry somebody give them ryans crisps off the floor
    i swear if benni is dead ima hitch a fit
    why did they bring along the old lady? how is she supposed to help?
    the dregs kinda look like a mole rat banged a yeti
    eight years? damn i didnt realize it had been that long
    bonding over mutual traumas!!!
    what are trees doing in a lifeless planet?
    WHY IS VILMA HERE
    Is orphan 55 mars? are these white martians?

somebody call jonn jonnz
    theory 1 benni is a dregg now some sort of virus converted him
    knock off squirrel girl 0 white martians 1. thanos killer she is not
    matricide and a twist!
    this is why you dont bring old ladies to mars
    these dreggs need some potato water quick!
    so if this is orphan 55 does that mean they destroyed 54 planets before earth?
    why did the kid leave the deadlocked room to go into a place full of monsters?
    everybody dies except inbetweener crew? damn

this episode was okay? kind of a step down from the last 2. 5/10
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

sadly we can't trust audience scores because they have been hijacked by idiots. that being said though, this week's episode was a bit of a letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    sadly we can't trust audience scores because they have been hijacked by idiots. that being said though, this week's episode was a bit of a letdown.
    and others say we cant trust RT because its owned by NBC universal and warner media.

its interesting how my theme of total loss of trust in everything pops up again.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

"go woke - go broke"

wouldntsurpise me if they canceled dr who early this season .

its just a mistake - they should just stop airing it - fire both writer and Jodie and go back to when Who was still ok - aka just after Clara died - and lets pretend seasons 10-12 never happend.

ye ye ye - i know people hated clara . but at least story was interesting and keeping people watching show.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    and others say we cant trust RT because its owned by NBC universal and warner media.

its interesting how my theme of total loss of trust in everything pops up again.
    honestly, i don't see why people give a shit about reviews or ratings - you either enjoy a show, or you don't.

honestly, i don't see why people give a shit about reviews or ratings - you either enjoy a show, or you don't.
    most have not been enjoying dr who for past few years .

:
    member when the show was actually good ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoVLhUxhdSw

or
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCYobBjA1kk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3GMqzJnasE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtN3Qb3yvvM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWQQLH7UWQs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKzghr7Aw_U

i member

now compare it to last few seasons .

season 11 and 12 are just trash writing

f... would rather rewatch matt smith episodes for 20th time then watch new season with whitaker

hell 5 mintues of fan made stuff like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn7LC9ExEis or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXrqtC81ztA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muw6SSbVNNY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u3oJeKVemA has probably more meaning to any doctor who fan then 10 episodes of current seasons

thats what is geniuinly pissing me off
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-01-13 at 05:56 PM.

Because people don't have enough time to watch everything. They need a way to filter. Reviews and ratings are filters.

I would've thought Dr Who's lack of seriousness would've been immune to impotent nerds raging about women ruining their GROSS club, but I guess I was wrong. Latest episode was cool. I liked seeing the girl who played Lydia from Breaking Bad and Kate from A Knight's Tale. The dregs reminded me of some other creature from another IP that I can't think of. Green haired people were fun but I didn't get their point.

Neat episode, but saw a lot of dumb things that kinda eh'd me on it.

Forced sob story about the old couple that ended with an elderly woman being taken into the wasteland for like nothing really and the dude somehow being alive even though the creatures were just offing people instantly.
    The green hair people were just sorta there, but honestly its no different than previous "save the pedestrian" episodes so I can get over that one.
    How fast it jumped into the thick of urgency. Should have been a slower burn where the doctor investigated stuff and then hell broke loose.
    That virus being conveniently the solution lol.

That being said:

That tree being alive though, I think that was a mild hint at the entire issue with the planet was CO2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moralgy View Post
    That tree being alive though, I think that was a mild hint at the entire issue with the planet was CO2.
    Would make sense, seeing as the Dreggs, that were presumably the remnants of humanity, enhaled Co2 and exhaled Oxygen.

But yeah, it did slightly seem like Green Hair Guy was just there to give James Buckley a cameo...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm just not going to watch anymore episodes until they make drastic changes. These episodes are just a pathetic embarrassment.

Think back to all the amazing stories, characters and emotion we have had over the years...then we have this...