Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    today's episode was interesting and could possibly provide some hints about previous parts of the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another good episode. Felt a little rushed in parts, though. I would much rather have had it be a 2 parter, to allow them to full explore everything they set up.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Another good episode. Felt a little rushed in parts, though. I would much rather have had it be a 2 parter, to allow them to full explore everything they set up.

Agreed the twist should have been at the end with a cliffhanger to fully explore the nightmares in part 2 except rushing the end.

Good story, good message "if you're struggling talk, don't bottle it up and make it worse."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Agreed the twist should have been at the end with a cliffhanger to fully explore the nightmares in part 2 except rushing the end.

Good story, good message "if you're struggling talk, don't bottle it up and make it worse."
    Indeed. Spend the first episode on the Doctor in Alepo, dealing with the totally not werewolves.

Occasionally cut back to the Fam, on their solo adventures, drop hints that things aren't right.

End on the twist.

Then, in episode 2, bring the stories together, have everyone confront and defeat their fears, happy endings all around.

And yeah, the message this week was so well handled, and so devoid of the preachiness that has bogged this season down, some people didn't even realise there WAS a message.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Whittaker's ratings are now tracking lower than Capaldi's at the same point in their tenures.

Episode 6 did 3.97 overnight and 5.09 consolidated. Capaldi did worse, but in season three. Comparing season 2 of Capaldi to season 2 of Whittaker shows Capaldi ahead by around 1 million in consolidated numbers.

The lowest rated episode of Doctor Who since 2005 came late in the third season of Capaldi: The Eaters of Light. It drew 2.89 overnight and 4.73 consolidated. We're still a ways from that.

season 9

season 10

season 12

TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Great episode. The horror / spooky ones are always good in New Who and the addition of the Lone Cyberman made this episode really escalate. Kinda weird they just dropped the subplot with the reanimated corpse and ghosts, though...

I've developed an epic theory that the cybermen ARE the timeless children. I think the two-part finale is going to cover both the cybermen on both Earth and Mondas and reveal that at the end of The Tenth Planet, Mondas actually wasn't destroyed. I think Mondas... becomes Gallifrey. The Time Lords are advanced/alternate Cybermen. Dun dun dunnnnn!! I give the full theory in video format on my YT page if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7DMEQ4GU1g.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatadorMedia View Post
    Great episode. The horror / spooky ones are always good in New Who and the addition of the Lone Cyberman made this episode really escalate. Kinda weird they just dropped the subplot with the reanimated corpse and ghosts, though...

I've developed an epic theory that the cybermen ARE the timeless children. I think the two-part finale is going to cover both the cybermen on both Earth and Mondas and reveal that at the end of The Tenth Planet, Mondas actually wasn't destroyed. I think Mondas... becomes Gallifrey. The Time Lords are advanced/alternate Cybermen. Dun dun dunnnnn!! I give the full theory in video format on my YT page if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7DMEQ4GU1g.
    I think what you've blacked out might be revealed in the next 2 episodes but yeah was weird that they just abandoned it. unless maybe the 2 entities in question were possibly related to the main villain of the episode and he killed them

edit: why does this forum show 628 pages when there are only 618

The current rumour is that The Timeless Child is The Doctor (the one she's been seeing in the visions) and that the Timelords found her on an alien planet with the ability to never die/regeneration abilities - the Timelords then abusing this and gaining the ability to regenerate/wiped her memory and that she had previous lives/forms before the "first" doctor (which explains Ruth). Idk what to think, but it sounds almost bullshitty enough to be true. It has been said the finale would change what we know about the Timelords etc so i mean.. This came from a source that spoiled The Master + the actor who played him as well.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Holy fuck am I glad I didn't bother with this season
    this season has been a lot better than the previous one

Honestly, i've really enjoyed this season - it was much better than the last one (last few for that matter - better than any season of Capaldi's). It could just be a mix of truth/BS, but i guess we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The current "Timeless Child" arc seems like an update or callback to the old Cartmel Masterplan, a Seventh Doctor (Sylvester McCoy) plot convention where showrunner Andrew Cartmel alongside a few other Doctor Who writers and directors intended to deepen the story behind the Doctor so as to restore some of the deeper mysteries of the show which had been revealed over its exceedingly long life on the air. Chibnall seems keen to introduce a variation of this, and I'm thinking this Timeless Child is probably going to be similar to Cartmel's idea of "The Other," one of the Doctor's past selves before he became the First Doctor, and an important part of Gallifrey's past before the establishment of the Time Lords and so forth.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am interested into how this could change what we know about The Doctor and Gallifreyans in general. The whole Doctor Who lore has been written and re-written so often now it's plausible that anything could really happen.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    The current rumour is that The Timeless Child is The Doctor (the one she's been seeing in the visions) and that the Timelords found her on an alien planet with the ability to never die/regeneration abilities - the Timelords then abusing this and gaining the ability to regenerate/wiped her memory and that she had previous lives/forms before the "first" doctor (which explains Ruth). Idk what to think, but it sounds almost bullshitty enough to be true. It has been said the finale would change what we know about the Timelords etc so i mean.. This came from a source that spoiled The Master + the actor who played him as well.
    Hmm, interesting. Playing off of this and in connection to the Cartnel Masterplan, I would argue that Brendan is actually The Other (who becomes The Doctor). That means the two guys wiping his mind at the end would be Rassilon and Omega, putting the Other through a series of trials to figure out his secret of immortality and claiming it for themselves.

Circling back to my own theory, the Lone Cyberman could very well be either Rassilon or Omega. And we are witnessing the ascension of the cyber-race into the first Time Lords. Maybe. Just spit-balling here. So excited for the finale!

10+ Year Old Account
    #boycottchina

Hmm, interesting. Playing off of this and in connection to the Cartnel Masterplan, I would argue that Brendan is actually The Other (who becomes The Doctor). That means the two guys wiping his mind at the end would be Rassilon and Omega, putting the Other through a series of trials to figure out his secret of immortality and claiming it for themselves.

Circling back to my own theory, the Lone Cyberman could very well be either Rassilon or Omega. And we are witnessing the ascension of the cyber-race into the first Time Lords. Maybe. Just spit-balling here. So excited for the finale!
    Well, the next episode of called “The Timeless Children” so it makes me wonder if there’s more than one, especially as Brendan was literally found as a child with no note. Makes me wonder if The Doctor or another time lord found them and kept them hidden, and if his dad and that other guy are time lords as well (him and his wife seemed a little suspicious giving each other looks when they said they’d look after him, so I feel like they know *something*). I also don’t get how they didn’t age when Brendan did as well, so yeah, maybe they are trying to find out how to hardness his regenerative abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    just a reminder when Dr was still good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXrqtC81ztA

i was very glad when the guy who opens the portal said "ive never seen it look like that" when it opened up to gallifrey whoosh i was worried
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Yah that would destroy the entire character of the doctor. When the doctor was just some loser renegade Time Lord that was absolutely nothing special and stole a TARDIS trying to explore have fun and set things right, the character is very interesting. Once you make the character special (or in this case *extremely* special) the character is ruined because he/she had an unfair advantage, was born with a silver spoon, played with a stacked deck. Its like watching someone play a video game when set on God mode. Gets boring after 5 minutes. Even worse it can turn into Keeping Up with the Kardashians where people tune in to see someone who has it all do stupid things and ruin themselves, just to feel better about their own life.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, the next episode of called “The Timeless Children” so it makes me wonder if there’s more than one, especially as Brendan was literally found as a child with no note. Makes me wonder if The Doctor or another time lord found them and kept them hidden, and if his dad and that other guy are time lords as well (him and his wife seemed a little suspicious giving each other looks when they said they’d look after him, so I feel like they know *something*). I also don’t get how they didn’t age when Brendan did as well, so yeah, maybe they are trying to find out how to hardness his regenerative abilities.
    Oh geez. Might as well make one of the children the Brigadier and have him magically get set down on Earth to help 3 during his exile. Make another child Sarah Jane Smith and also set down magically on Earth to help exactly when needed. Make another child Adric simply to erase Adric's death scene. None of them ever died and at the end of the episode they meet up and get to say hello and see you soon!
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Well that was total excrement.

Well... /10char