Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Page 1 of 625
... LastLast

Doctor Who

After a quick search I realised there was no thread on this, which in itself is a pretty absurd idea.

Discuss the longest-running Science Fiction show of all time, right here.

Who's excited for the new season? I know I'm excited as hell. Matt Smith is a very capable actor from what I've seen of him, and I think (based on interviews and the likes) that he can bring a very fresh Doctor to the new series - a slightly more eccentric and less serious than the two previous Doctors in the new series.

EDIT: Also, has anyone else seen the old (and by old, I mean the earliest) seasons? I'm currently going through the first season, with William Hartnell, from 1963. The stories are a little different and the Doctor starts out as somewhat of an anti-hero. But it gets better after some few full serials.

Re: Doctor Who

while i VERY much loved David Tennent, i am looking forward to the Matt Smith version of the Doctor. i believe its going to air (in the US) on April 17th on BBC America so i am marking the days off my calender lol

Matt Smith has big shoes to fill, David Tenant main streamed the show.

i'm really excited as well. damn, still a whole week to go :<
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

TBH I'm more excited about Steven Moffat taking over the writting than about Matt Smith.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen
    TBH I'm more excited about Steven Moffat taking over the writting than about Matt Smith.
    Yeah... Russell T. Davies gave us a lot of DW but.... good riddance. I loved every episode Moffat wrote. Sadly he's just writing 6 out of 13. Chris Chibnall is writing two. That guy from Torchwood. Other writers are Toby Whithouse (School Reunion), Mark Gatiss (The Unquiet Dead), Gareth Roberts (The Shakespeare Code) and two Comedy writers Simon Nye and Richard Curtis.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

I'm nervous that I may not like it, having loved the Dr Who revival so far. Stephen Moffat taking over as head writer is a very good sign though - it's almost creepy to look over the writing credits of the previous four series and see his name attached to virtually every one of the ones I would have (previously) called 'the really good ones'.

Especially "Blink". <3 Blink

New Dr Who tonight!

Eeeeee! New Dr Who tonight! wooo!

Matt Smith looks to at least be a decent 11'th Doctor on BBC1 tonight
    Is anyone else excited of the return? I only started watching after the first of the new series and I've gone back to watch them aswell.

If your looking to get into it or watch some of the older episodes including classic episodes from the 70's onwards.

http://www.doctorwho-episodes.com/

;D

Re: New Dr Who tonight!

Finally, Doctor Who is back. Thought that episode kicked ass, and looks like theres going to be some more awesome ones soon - those stone angel dudes are back ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuke09
    while i VERY much loved David Tennent, i am looking forward to the Matt Smith version of the Doctor. i believe its going to air (in the US) on April 17th on BBC America so i am marking the days off my calender lol
    You could try to watch it on the BBC iplayer for the next week, maybe you can't acces it from the US, but it allows you to watch any BBC TV or radio shows, if you don't want to wait.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...Eleventh_Hour/ to watch.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

New episode was great, and that red haired lass is smokin'

Re: New Dr Who tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9
    Bloody no! They gave me the chills BADLY last time! I don't know if I can take another episode with them w/o a month of bad dreams afterwards.
    It's going to be a two-parter. Sweet dreams.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen
    Agreed. But only cause Matt Smith is ugly :-X
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I would kill a old god.

Quote Originally Posted by Daria Morgendorffer
    Matt Smith has big shoes to fill, David Tenant main streamed the show.
    This. David Tenant has to be my favorite Doctor. Although Matt Smith does look like he will do a very good job taking up the mantle.
    EDIT: Oh Crud, i didnt even realize it had already started. I will have to go find it somewhere and watch it.

I hope it's done well but I dunno, I'm so used to Tennant as the Doctor, he made it all work so well, the cute charm, the humor, the anger, one of my favorite Doctor moments was in the "Partners in Crime" episode with the adipose, when the Doctor and Donna first spot each other, "Am I interrupting you?" Most of Donna's involvement from then on were much better, and generally more comedic, her first appearance was a total nag, I couldn't stand her. Though, I still like Martha Jones better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJYlk4sNGO8 (Found the scene on Youtube!)

Haven't gotten the new episode over here yet, BBCA staggers the airing of the serials a bit, I think the new ones start April 16th or 18th, but looking forward to it!

Still, there's no way Smith is nearly as cute as Tennant. :d Opening the Tardis with a snap of the fingers sometimes after the Silence in the Library run just made me giggle, completely charming!

I do like the new doctors alot, the companions not so much. Donna didn't really fit the part as much as I hoped, her 'stupidness' from the Cathrine Tate show seemed to rip into Dr Who what resulted in a slightly less enjoyable run of programs. The older doctors were also very good too. Tom Baker was one of the best; anyone who is a fan should watch his go at The Doctor.

Yeah I can understand that, I really disliked Donna at first, but she does have enough funny bits that you eventually like her. But I do think she was a bit more forced on us than Rose or Martha, or any of the shorter-term companions.

Billie Piper's a bit chipmunkish, that's all I think of whenever I see her face in one of those trillions of close-up face frames they shoot of her. lol :x Martha just had the nuttiest hairstyles in the world though. Was it the Lazarus Experiment where it looked like the back of her head exploded?

I watched the first episode with the new Doctor Matt Smith on the iplayer last night (or night before I forget) and he seems like he fits the role well. To me, he seems like quite a similar doctor to David Tennant.

Christopher Ecclestone is still my favourite doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerikaya View Post
    There's more bosses after Saurfang?

Quote Originally Posted by Nudi View Post
    I got 99 problems, but a totem ain't one.
    Word.

Quote Originally Posted by Solus
    I watched the first episode with the new Doctor Matt Smith on the iplayer last night (or night before I forget) and he seems like he fits the role well. To me, he seems like quite a similar doctor to David Tennant.

Christopher Ecclestone is still my favourite doctor
    Christopher was my favorite doctor as well , when i first saw David Tennant i said "OMG i don't like it" but then i realized that he was goooood =).
    Same happen t with the new one.. they made a lot of changes , in the tardis.
    The first episode was a bit boring... didn't like the actors except the Matt Smith was the only one who played well.. the rest of the cast was a bit unprofessional... and ruined the episode in my opinion. I don't know how the rest of the episodes will go on. I ll have to wait i guess =)

10+ Year Old Account

I just saw the Eleventh Hour and I wanted to see if there is a post about it here, and there is!!

I really like Matt Smith as the new Doctor, he is similar to Ecclestone and Tennant when it comes to portraying the Doctor. I really loved the "act now, see if it works later" quirk the Doctor has and Smith really gave me that feeling!

I cant wait for the new episodes! A chunk of land with a city floating in space with the British flag on it? Awesome! Space dogfights with Spitfires? Epic!!! Daleks! Cybermen! I'm thrilled!!!

On a side note, some of the most creepiest episodes where written by Moffat (Weeping Angels and Vashta Nerada?). This promises a lot of cool episodes!
    For the Emperor.