Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Re: Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Sojoez
    I just saw the Eleventh Hour and I wanted to see if there is a post about it here, and there is!!

I really like Matt Smith as the new Doctor, he is similar to Ecclestone and Tennant when it comes to portraying the Doctor. I really loved the "act now, see if it works later" quirk the Doctor has and Smith really gave me that feeling!

I cant wait for the new episodes! A chunk of land with a city floating in space with the British flag on it? Awesome! Space dogfights with Spitfires? Epic!!! Daleks! Cybermen! I'm thrilled!!!

On a side note, some of the most creepiest episodes where written by Moffat (Weeping Angels and Vashta Nerada?). This promises a lot of cool episodes!
    ye i had that feeling too when i watch Matt Smith . He remind me of Tennant sometimes and really liked it. To be honest i didn't like the episode so much i don't know what ruined it. Maybe it was , don't know.... the Changes??(Tardis,Actor). :P and its only me or the rest of the cast was a bit off? and the only good actor was Matt? :S

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousPeter
    ye i had that feeling too when i watch Matt Smith . He remind me of Tennant sometimes and really liked it. To be honest i didn't like the episode so much i don't know what ruined it. Maybe it was , don't know.... the Changes??(Tardis,Actor). :P and its only me or the rest of the cast was a bit off? and the only good actor was Matt? :S
    Hmmm... The changes. Well, the new doctor is definitely not bad. Smith looks handsome enough to attract viewers of a younger age, but also charismatic enough to keep the older ones.
    The T.A.R.D.I.S. hasn't changed much I think. Its still a 60's police box on the outside and the inside is still the same. i.e a control panel designed for 6 operators. (wasn't the TARDIS semi sentient?)
    The only thing I don't really like is the new light color the sonic screwdriver has. I think that blue fits it better. But I guess I'll just get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9
    I have to agree, most actors were... well, a tad amateurish. I had that feeling too, especially with the dude with the dog. He really seemed out of place somehow. But since DW always had some cheesy and sometimes cheap looking stuff in it, and the main cast (Smith and Gillian) worked quite well, it didn't bother me too much. The story was cool, and that's what I'll remember. I'd rather consider this to be part of the shows charm
    Some where indeed a bit amateurish, specially the guy who played the nurse. Then again, his character seemed like an wacky, air head and if that was the intention, it worked!

I didn't notice much about the "Doctor's companion" when it came to acting. Probably because I think she looks cute and mostly because thats exactly why they are there for! To look cute when the Doctor does something cool!
    For the Emperor.

I have to agree, most actors were... well, a tad amateurish. I had that feeling too, especially with the dude with the dog. He really seemed out of place somehow. But since DW always had some cheesy and sometimes cheap looking stuff in it, and the main cast (Smith and Gillian) worked quite well, it didn't bother me too much. The story was cool, and that's what I'll remember. I'd rather consider this to be part of the shows charm
    ye the only good think was him i liked him too. I guess i have to see the next episodes =)

I had that feeling too, especially with the dude with the dog. He really seemed out of place somehow.
    He was MEANT to seem out of place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I would kill a old god.

Well the first episode maybe wasn't good but the second one was...Awesome
    =) Much better than the first one. can't wait to see the rest.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousPeter
    Well the first episode maybe wasn't good but the second one was...Awesome
    =) Much better than the first one. can't wait to see the rest.
    Absolutely!
    Winston Churchill, WWII, Daleks and space battles!!!!
    For the Emperor.

4/10 for last night's episode from me. :-\

Only decent bit were the spitfires in space.

10+ Year Old Account

Doctor Who ep3 impression? Not bad.
    Disarming the bomb? In hindsight? Lame!
    The Dalek comeback? Hmm.... The first thing that came to me was ...rainbows? ???
    Anywho, its cool. Can't wait to cower in fear for the Weeping Angels.
    For the Emperor.

10+ Year Old Account

Anywho, its cool. Can't wait to cower in fear for the Weeping Angels.
    Ok, that was scary! Such a horrible imagination does Moffat have. Incredible!
    I really like how the music gives the show its tone. Especially at the end of episode 4 when the Doctor was talking about the trap send shivers down my spine! I'm really looking forward to the second part. I really want to know how they escape and what is it that bishop/commander wants with the Weeping Angels.

Btw, why am I the only one posting here? Doctor Who is amazing!
    For the Emperor.

10+ Year Old Account

Most amazing shows get canceled darn early. We're lucky the Brits didn't let DW be a Firefly! Thus, let's be happy with that we at least can have our small elect circle that can talk about an ongoing good show
    You are right about that. Luckily DW is the longest running sci-fi show ever. I don't think it will ever end abrupt.
    Speaking of Firefly though... I heard rumors that Joss Whedon will direct the Avengers movie. Anyone want to make a new topic about it? Unless there is one already.
    For the Emperor.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

You are right about that. Luckily DW is the longest running sci-fi show ever. I don't think it will ever end abrupt.
    Thanfully the person who originally cancelled the show is no longer at the BBC, with the popularity it has currently I can see it going for a few years yet.

Anyway, back on topic.

I've been watching this show since Doctor number 4 in the early 1970's, so far still undecided about Matt Smith.

Out of the episodes so far, the Angles was the best and sadly the Dalek's was easily the worst.

why did they change the doctor who guy? i thought the last guy was really good, this new guy is way worse. i like the creativity and out therre of the show when i'm bored, but this new guy doesn't have anywhere near the personality the previous guy did.

10+ Year Old Account

So.... episode 5. Nice little effects, nice details about that crack in space/time but I don't like how the angels evolved towards a more sentient king of monsters.
    I liked in the first episode how they where just monsters that would only "kill" you in order to feed. I got the impression that they would just send a person back in time, feast of that energy as a statue and then go find a next victim. Kinda like a snake.

In the past 2 episodes they all had a superior motive and some new abilities. What ever contains the image of an angel becomes an angel. Not something what I would expect from a monster in the Doctor Who series to be honest.

Over all episode 5 gave me a little 'meh' feeling. It wasn't bad, but not all to good either.
    On the other side however, we did get the impression that the Doctor got laid. At least he lost his frustrations of the past 900 years! :P

What do others think?
    For the Emperor.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

The concluding epsiode of the 2-parter was ok, I personally thought that the angels were creepier when they didn't speak. In the first appearance , Blink, they never spoke they just stalked their victims.

I had more interest in the 2 sub plots going ahead reagarding River and the crack in time.

Looking forward to the next time River appears as we learn a little bit more each time we see her.

Well I WOULD be excited if I actually had the BBC channel. I used to watch Doctor Who all the time, but no other channel plays the episodes.

Man i can't believe i say this but... The two last episode of the New Doctor who was just Awesome! he will be just fine i think! what do you think?

10+ Year Old Account

Well.... Lets summarize shall we? I've missed one review so here are 2!

The Vampires of Venice.

Nice story, as said by Medium9 it is pretty much the usual DW story line. Alien race gets to earth, they want to survive/take over/destroy the humans for their survival/profit/fun, the Doctor stops them.

It wasn't bad, but I am a bit disappointed that there wasn't a 3rd option. Because at the moment I heard "fish people that want to survive on earth" I thought of Atlantis. It would of been cool if the fish people did actually make their own society under Venice and thus giving an other reason as to why the city is slowly sinking into the mud each year.
    Overall, not bad. But it could of had been better.

Amy's Choice.

When I saw the trailer I thought: Oh boy, not this "2 realities you die in the wrong one you die for good" thing again. I've seen it before and its not that special. I was kinda struggling as to which was the real one too. The village seemed like the most fake one as Amy would probably go on for more shows and couldn't get pregnant. Then again, other shows do find creative ways to "dispose" of actors when they want out of the show so that was a possibility too.
    I didn't know!! And that was what kept me watching. It wasn't predictable and the ending really cranked me up. Really nice plot twist there. It also managed to get a good tension on the relationships of the characters and then wipe it away all together!

I'm really looking forward to the next episode. The part where the Doctor yells "RUN!" always cranks me up!

Spoiler: Did anyone else think of the Master when the Doctor said "nobody else hates me as much as you."?
    For the Emperor.

I'm actually really enjoying this series of Doctor Who. Matt Smith has really grown on me :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerikaya View Post
    There's more bosses after Saurfang?

Quote Originally Posted by Nudi View Post
    I got 99 problems, but a totem ain't one.
    Word.

Amy's Choice.

When I saw the trailer I thought: Oh boy, not this "2 realities you die in the wrong one you die for good" thing again. I've seen it before and its not that special. I was kinda struggling as to which was the real one too. The village seemed like the most fake one as Amy would probably go on for more shows and couldn't get pregnant. Then again, other shows do find creative ways to "dispose" of actors when they want out of the show so that was a possibility too.
    I didn't know!! And that was what kept me watching. It wasn't predictable and the ending really cranked me up. Really nice plot twist there. It also managed to get a good tension on the relationships of the characters and then wipe it away all together!

I'm really looking forward to the next episode. The part where the Doctor yells "RUN!" always cranks me up!

Spoiler: Did anyone else think of the Master when the Doctor said "nobody else hates me as much as you."?
    I immediately thought The Trickster.

Spoiler (font size 1)
    I'm totally on board with this whole plot line if Valeyard is coming back.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

i saw the last episode with the angels chasing them i'm always impressed with the shows creativity. the new guy isn't bad. i'm going to have to watch some repeats of older episodes i guess.