Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I honestly do not understand the people who are like 'hurray for failures! Hurray!' Engineering has only had one other item in the profession's ENTIRE history that can kill you. That item was the teleporter to Tanaris, which would occasionally teleport you hundreds of feet in the air. This item was not able to kill your raid. It was not able to kill you if you were attentive and had your cloak. The fact that rocket boost has been so severely neutered is not a good thing. Rocket Boost needed a nerf, not to be completely destroyed.

this is why i put the grounded plasma shield on my belt, i was tired of the failures

ah so thats the debuff...i thought it only does 2 things : boost you, or shoots you up, was wondering what killed me the other time...screw this.

---------- Post added 2010-12-25 at 04:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I honestly do not understand the people who are like 'hurray for failures! Hurray!' Engineering has only had one other item in the profession's ENTIRE history that can kill you. That item was the teleporter to Tanaris, which would occasionally teleport you hundreds of feet in the air. This item was not able to kill your raid. It was not able to kill you if you were attentive and had your cloak. The fact that rocket boost has been so severely neutered is not a good thing. Rocket Boost needed a nerf, not to be completely destroyed.
    it wasn the fall damage...its the 2ND backfire which debuffs you and takes 15% of your life every 1 second for 8 seconds, potentially fatal if you cant heal through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    We didn't talk about items that kill you. We only spoke of items that can fail and there are plenty of those in engi. Also we didn't ever said it was a buff. Instead we just try to see the positive side of this

<Moderator Edit: [Image removed of funny comic -- please don't post gigantic pictures. <3 Radux]>

Quote Originally Posted by XenuMC View Post
    Its fire damage. Undispellable, and I'm not sure how much of it can be mitigated. For bit more info check here:
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=94794

According to comments there it can also happen outside, and in raids. But is is reduced by resilience.
    They say resilience mitigates it.. i see.. well.. it sucks dunno what to say..
    Quote Originally Posted by surfiet View Post
    just do what I did. suck it up and reroll.

right now engineering is bad.
    That kind of thinking was the one that led to the fact that 40% of the server had engineering as a main profession and 50% JC.
    Last edited by Radux; 2010-12-25 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    The horrendous reign of engineers comes to an end!

Seriously though, for all of wrath you had good pure damage buff stuff AND all the awesome tinkers. Engi was practically necessary to perform at highest level. Now you are back in line with just having a damage buff, like all others.
    So now it's BS/JC again for better gems and extra sockets, good thing we have "Mandatory professions for min/maxing" out of the way now, eh?

That one of the highlights of engineering is stuff from the previous expansion is pretty lame already, but rubbing salt in the wounds by making belt-tinkers into "Creative suicide"-devices is just piling it on TBH, oh yeah, about that "Damage buff" you mentioned: where is it for melee-classes?

Quote Originally Posted by Grotnac View Post
    Use your cape? Stop crying over an RNG related happening.
    because cape helps against a dot that does 20k/tick?

Holy God. I read the first 15 posts and by that point i was ready to pee my pants I was laughing so hard. Im in complete awe of the lack of reading comprehension. THis is what I imagined happened to those people.

>Oh Hey. They killed him.
    >MOAR QQ.
    >Click Reply Field
    > RNG IS RNG. DEAL WIF IT.
    >Damn, Im good. Im glad Im the best at the internets.

10+ Year Old Account
    High gain, high risk. Makes sense to me. A shame it deals 120% damage though, would be better if you were left with 90% health.

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty much. and now needs to reroll... its what it is.
    No it isn't what it is. I just spent 12K getting my engineering from 450 to 525, only to find out that Blizzard has fucked engineers over even more. I'm not going to re-roll because of that. Blizzard needs to fix this.

---------- Post added 2010-12-25 at 05:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Calon View Post
    High gain, high risk. Makes sense to me. A shame it deals 120% damage though, would be better if you were left with 90% health.
    What is this high gain you are speaking off? I seriously can't see much benefits anymore from engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    them failing is awesome! Gotta love engineering flaws!
    I would agree with you, however having them launch you 50ft into the air inside a heroic/bg/raid is not the way to go.

Im fine with them breaking outside of those things, but having them break (and so often) inside heroics/raids seems too far.

10+ Year Old Account
    it was an endgame heroic mode profession, like LWing was in TBC.

get used to it. they aren't "fixing" it, it's nerfed because they want it like that. accept and move on.
    God, you really like taking it up the pooper or something? You think that everything that Blizzard does is exactly how it is supposed to be and will not change ever? Then why do we have patch notes all the time?

No longer carried by engineering if your too bad to move on movement fights, unlucky !

Quote Originally Posted by Illunis View Post
    this is why i put the grounded plasma shield on my belt, i was tired of the failures
    Really? How about taunting couple more packs in an instance? Or getting a debuff that makes everything hitting you to get a 100% crit?

it was an endgame heroic mode profession, like LWing was in TBC.

get used to it. they aren't "fixing" it, it's nerfed because they want it like that. accept and move on.
    I would rather not accept it and have Blizzard make it viable again, thank you. As it stands now, I'll have to drop the profession as soon as I outgear my goggles, because there is literally almost nothing else it does for me that is comparable to say, Leatherworking. The only dps gain I get out of it is the tazik shocker, which is weak at best, and the only secondary benefit it gives me is the plasma shield, which I have been told can indeed fail within raids as well. It hasn't failed on me yet... but the moment it does, I'll have to stop using that as well, because I absolutely refuse to risk the safety of my entire raid just because Blizzard decided neutering Engineering was a swell idea.

No sir, I would much rather have them fix it. I think Engineering is a wonderful profession with a lot of potential, and I would much rather be given a reason to not drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    No longer carried by engineering if your too bad to move on movement fights, unlucky !
    It shouldn't need to be said that the rocket boost wasn't carrying many people who were simply using it as an extra aid. If it was purely used to carry people, then it would never have been used by many of the best players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Oh hey, you must be that guy from 3 years ago? How are you? Hows Bush doing?
    Boosts are not a "lol last min boost" I know myself and many others use them to get out of fires/voids quickly so we can continue to dps without danger, usually while people like you are still running out of the fire/voids.

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    The horrendous reign of __________ comes to an end!

Seriously though, for all of wrath you had _____AND all the ________. ______ was practically necessary to perform at highest level. Now you are back in line with just having a ________ like all others.
    World of Warcraft.

Jewelcrafting subs in quite nicely, here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    World of Warcraft.

Jewelcrafting subs in quite nicely, here.
    At least my Jewelcrafting gems don't decide to kill me in the middle of a fight. :')

Quote Originally Posted by XenuMC View Post
    At least my Jewelcrafting gems don't decide to kill me in the middle of a fight. :')
    They should do, that would be hilarious.
    Add a little animation and an /emote "XenuMC's Gems have gone awhol, they are choking him!"

I ended up dropping my 450 Engineering on my Paladin and picking up Blacksmithing instead because I didn't like the changes.