Thread: DK good in pvp?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DK good in pvp?

how are DKs in PVP this season want to know if i should lvl my 77 DK or something els

10+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of guildies who care about pvp have been bitching about them. Not as bad as Warriors and Mages though.

DKs are topping the charts for raiding as well as destroying it up in PvP. I know because my main is an 85 DW Frost Death Knight and I can't be stopped. Unfortunetely they will probably be nerfed sooner than later.

ok thanks for the help

How about rolling something you like to play, just because you like to play it? Fotm will come and go, stick to whatever you like and ride out the periods of being underpowered, if those come along

Quote Originally Posted by Diablós View Post
    DKs are topping the charts for raiding as well as destroying it up in PvP. I know because my main is an 85 DW Frost Death Knight and I can't be stopped. Unfortunetely they will probably be nerfed sooner than later.
    Unholy>Frost for PVP, Unholy has more survivability.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think i know u.... and ive said many times D= Leave me alone!!

(p.s. if ya aint who i on about, sorry ^^)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...c%C3%A9/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Silence/simple
    Sergeant of the Master Sergeants, Most Important Person of Extreme Sergeants, To The MAX!

DK's are doing amazingly well in pvp right now, necrotic strike makes the casters/healers writhe in agony, and dark simulacrum allows you to put the hurt back on those nasty casters with their own spells. When used in addition to the silence/interrupt combo, it makes most casters almost powerless to stop you.

Arigato bas ^.^

Death Knights are undoubtfully good in PvP.
    Stacking Necrotics right now is amazing against healers. Hungering Cold is an excellent CC now as it was before.
    Death Grip is an excellent peal even more so even especially against like Feral Druids since they are OP in arena and they can really only be useful with their bleeds. A friend did a "DK Cleave" comp 4dks 1 resto druid, and went 8-1 in 5's.

many people like frost for rated and non rated battlegrounds. considering the fact that now we have 1h weapons with str...im not at all surprised at how many more people are making the transition. supermassive epic crits and lots of awesome abilities allow you to take on two people at once easily. hungering cold ^^^ ftw

however, unholy still dominates the arena as mentioned. i prefer a slower playstyle myself anyways, taking a bit longer to kill my enemies but still maintaining the majority of my health while doing so. battlegrounds are awesome.. outbreak, pestillence, blow ams, pop gargoyle, drop dnd, and dc away.so much cc... strangulate, ghoul stun, also when your ghoul is proc'd leap becomes a stun as well..most people overlook that. chopping my opponent down with a wave of ss's with empower rune weapon! sac pet if im getting low on health...diseases cant be purged... /cackle. its so much fun when you have the haste...the fights are long but a good dk is never relaxed. i do miss getting crits though. once in a while i get a massive one but otherwise they are few and far.

blood dks are invincible in bgs. good for trolling, fun. ive always loved the idea of going into bgs as a tank and just distracting idiots as the dps flank healers.
    Last edited by plaguehowl; 2010-12-26 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diapewpew View Post
    Unholy>Frost for PVP, Unholy has more survivability.
    I got hit with a 20k howling blast crit, which as far as I know, is ranged, aoe, and can be used twice in a row.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Deleted
    Necrotic strike is very good in PvP because it's not affected by resilience.

I'd say we're pretty much in the middle. We're good at taking down healers, but we lose most 1v1 runs versus the other meele's due to being affected by both silences/CloS, meele evasion and disarms. We also have huge problems closing the gap to many classes. Death grip and CoI just doesn't cut it anymore. You'll find yourself being targetted a lot in battlegrounds aswell because of selfhealing/defensive CD nerfs.

Deleted
    Arms warriors > dks atm. You might want to consider those. Nothing survives a throwdown-colossus smash. Add recklessness and the victim can't even ress anymore.

1v1 as dk, you won't beat an arms warrior in equal gear, no matter your spec.

Overall, I'd say dks are the 4th most OP class, right behind warriors.

frost mage > feral druid >/= arms warrior > dk > rest
    Last edited by mmoca0eed44a6a; 2010-12-26 at 11:34 PM.

In answer to the OP, we're in the top 3 or 4 classes at the moment. Feral durids, Arms Warriors, and Mages join us, but until everythign settles down a bit more I couldn't really guess which is BEST of them.

Though I'd probably put Fros tMages 4th, but maybe that's because I'm a DK :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    In answer to the OP, we're in the top 3 or 4 classes at the moment. Feral durids, Arms Warriors, and Mages join us, but until everythign settles down a bit more I couldn't really guess which is BEST of them.

Though I'd probably put Fros tMages 4th, but maybe that's because I'm a DK :P
    Funny, I'd put Frost mages #1. Ferals #2, Arms Warriors #3 and us #4.

And I sure do hate my Warriors. I put Warriors at #3 because they can be forced out of their raging berzerkermode simply by focusing them and gnawing their healer.

Frostmages #1 because they have more freezes then an iceberg. Deep freeze CD ridiculous and WAYYYYY too much control combined with excellent mobility and huge burst. Feral druids are just really badly designed. Put up your bleeds and go into bear and that's that. You CAN actually stop warriors, even though they can burst down 50% of your HP in 2~ seconds.

I have been unstoppable leveling as a blood dk 80-85. 85s have ganked me and got killed or retreated. I am hostile with everyone horde and never lose unless I get out numbered or it`s a mage. The reason it is so easy is because I can just heal and crit them for 20k again and again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablós View Post
    I don't think DK's will be nerfed. IMO we're pretty balanced in terms of raiding but i don't know about PvP cos' I didn't have a chance to PvP yet

Quote Originally Posted by sebleb View Post
    Funny, I'd put Frost mages #1. Ferals #2, Arms Warriors #3 and us #4.

And I sure do hate my Warriors. I put Warriors at #3 because they can be forced out of their raging berzerkermode simply by focusing them and gnawing their healer.
    I play lolFrost, so no Gnaw for me I do play WITH a Warrior (play TSG with me as Frost, I really should be Unholy tbh, I'm just lazy and Frost is easier for while I'm ill!). Focusing the warrior while keeping the healer controlled (a HoJ + silence + Hungering Cold at burst time is easy enough) seems to work, but if you allow the warrior any space at all, he pretty much goes nuts. Glad our comp is all plate tbh, and even THAT doesn't help so much anymore!

Frostmages #1 because they have more freezes then an iceberg. Deep freeze CD ridiculous and WAYYYYY too much control combined with excellent mobility and huge burst. Feral druids are just really badly designed. Put up your bleeds and go into bear and that's that. You CAN actually stop warriors, even though they can burst down 50% of your HP in 2~ seconds.
    Fun tip for the day, I found out if you Dark Simulacrum into a Deep Freeze, and Hungering Cold them, you can Deep Freeze them

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    I got hit with a 20k howling blast crit, which as far as I know, is ranged, aoe, and can be used twice in a row.
    5 on a good day.