Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrototem View Post
    Yes, you HAVE to interrupt a portion of the spellcasts, which is still 0.8, don't look too hard into words by any means, it's 1 in the morning and i'm tired.

As i've said, we're making mistakes, demonstrated by mistimed interrupts. The mechanics are however, annoying, which is my entire point. Just because you enjoy this boss doesn't mean i do, i'm not your sheep.
    SOunds like your playing with bad players and qqing here about it. Fix your raid or dont raid with them. The time of one or 2 people carrying the raids are over, everyone must perform their job in each of these new raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just gotta get into the funk of it, then it gets easier, the adds were even bugged when we completed it... though I will say DOT on the enrage timer it still went without a hitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis View Post
    Since there's terribad written all over this, you've probably got DK...or are the DK even...Necrotic Strike.

Might even have an Arcane mage for some weird reason...if so...Slow

Hell if it's that much of a problem to interrupt...Mind Numbing poison...

and of course, the already mentioned Curse of Tongues.

Ooo Ooo....hunter can you know..get a Spore Bat or a Core Hound out for this fight...hell he can have 25 pets tamed now.
    No, i'm a druid.

No, we have a fire mage.

No rogues.

No locks.

No hunter.

Feral druid, holy pally, Holy priest, disc priest, prot warr, boomkin, fury warr, fire mage, + 2 ret pallies. No glaring baddies, just not a comp set up for this fight apparantly.

Oh + I love how people try to be insulting, it's fairly hillarious how aggressive and overly hostile people try to be when someone QQ's.
    Last edited by Skrototem; 2010-12-27 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait wait wait...wait... you're 3 healing this?

Or did I misread the double Disc priest as a mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Wait wait wait...wait... you're 3 healing this?

Or did I misread the double Disc priest as a mistake?
    Yup, well, one was holy, but that's beside the point. We were bringing him to 25%, even down to 5-6% well within enrage timer. Just those little things being a pain in the arse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay dps race-y part aside, this is easily 2 healerable (We used Disc priest and Holy Paladin ironically, I'm the holy Paladin) and more dps on the adds means they're out of the way in a split second...

I mean we filmed our kill if you want to see it, as long as no one makes a single bloody mistake it goes without a hitch, and more dps can be sacrificed to make sure those valuable interrupts land their mark if you kill some of the healing.

You should be burning Power Word Barrier on the flames, Aura Mastery as well, and then just aoe heal the rest, Get your boomkin to contribute a tranquility after the LAST fire phase. If he whines about mana, smack him.

Freezes just get a holy paladin to stack 3 holy power and then insta WoG the freezes...

And the rest is just, pay attention...

I mean we did spend a night experimenting ourselves, none of us had read mechanics, deadly bossmods was still not working properly for it, so it made the experience all the more interesting. And the adds were doing some funky buggin that night.

Deleted
    annoying 0.8 interrupts
    Curse of Tongues + Interupters who aren't suffering from some reflex slowing disease
    annoying stack mechanics
    Ehm...hard?
    large amounts of adds
    There are atleast 20 ways to slow them down. I doubt there's a setup that misses atleast 2.
    knockbacks
    So hard
    fall damage
    Avoidable. When he raises his arms move behind him. If you're as slow as your interupters use SlowFall.
    tombs
    I heard 5k hp (on 10 man) is hard in Cata?
    huge fire patches
    Don't stand in the fire.

Seems like a perplexing boss.

Edit: Simca posted right before me, no fair

Oh and since I see a lot of people mentioning their healers...We have killed him both with 2 and with 3.
    Last edited by mmoc0d05e16c33; 2010-12-27 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    Yes you did actually you clearly stated you HAD to interrupt it.

Without arguing about semantics at some point you're going to need to stop telling everyone they're wrong and realize your group is screwing up, the boss is easy, the mechanics aren't hard and they aren't stupid.

It's a fun fight with simple mechanics you're just doing it wrong.
    "You have to interrupt X" is very VERY different from "You have to interrupt X every single time".

To me it seems like that setup will have a hard time aoe'ing down the adds in time. Also you got 1x Skull Bash, 1x Pummel and 2x Rebuke.. Interrupting shouldn't be any problem.

personally i think karazhan is the best raid instance in the game. the sheer epic feeling of the place is awesome - and man it was challenging!

Was an enjoyable, easy fight from my perspective! I've so far thoroughly enjoyed almost every single encounter in Cataclysm.

We pulled him with 3 tanks and only interrupted the AOE so we wouldn't get any adds in the last burn phase.

Wasn't that hard.

Edit: 25 man.
    Last edited by Yooya; 2010-12-27 at 08:59 AM.

If you're crying about normal just wait till you see heroic

The cast time speed is fine even without mind numbing or tongues. You only need to interrupt one anyway, or you can just let them all come during the green vial phase.

Blizz needs to keep these little things like fast cast times to keep the bads out.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have a slow.. Yet it is quite obvious your group needs one..
    Now, if I'm not mistaken, you said you had a fire MAGE correct?
    Fire MAGE
    MAGE
    This is easily solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    We only interrupt one add-cast per red-blue-green rotation. You're whining because of 2 interrupts that you have to do during the entire fight?

Stacking up when it's red, spreading out during blue phase isn't hard. And it isn't more annoying than Chimaeron's Feud raid-stacks-on-top-of-tank, only you have to watch out for debuffs and get the hell out if you have it.

Maloriak is one of the easier bosses with actually very few things to watch out for. Once you've done Ascendant Council, you'll see what is REALLY annoying and requires a lot of paying attention to raid frames (probably for a healer more so than for a dps).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BAIRD View Post
    If you're crying about normal just wait till you see heroic
    It has tornadoes added?

Quote Originally Posted by Valleera View Post
    It has tornadoes added?
    Noooo, I don't like tornadoes.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

You let 12 adds spawn before the first green phase (we use 3 tanks for this fight on 10 man, and the enrage timer isn't an issue, close, but not an issue). At most that means a single interupt on adds right at the end of the second cauldron, which you can have people watching for like hawks even if you have't slowed the cast.

You let 6 adds spawn after the first green phase. And, erm, that's all of them so you don't have to interupt anything.

If you use the 12 / 6 technique then you only ever HAVE to interupt a single add cast in the whole fight.

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.