Deleted

Nefarion help? and or tips, please.

So... our guild is currently taking on Nef in blackwing descent:

We have gone in and basically strolled phase 1 and 2.

The problem we have had is with electrocute, which does 110k damage to every single raid member. Obviously thats just sick.

I was wondering if we are doing something incorrect to get this? as we are getting it in all phases its not just via attacking nef too much in p1.

There was the thought that this is actually part of the fight and that he does this every 10% but for me something doesnt seem right, with the aoe dps in p2 from the fireball shit he does, to the fires in p3... plus breath and tailwhip damage, something just doesnt sit right with me.

Obviously i could be completely wrong and if it is part of the fight we as a guild will deal with it and still kill it, but for now im just wondering if any1 has any tips / ideas and preferably those with experience from live, not beta.

cheers. Arro / Valk

You thought right, that raid-wide Electrocute happens every time Nef hits a 10% mark; i.e. at 90%, 80%, etc. When you see him get to x1% or x2%, tell the DPS to stop and makd sure everyone is topped off. In p3, everyone should be stacked up for AoE heals, and you can stagger your Tranqs/Guardians/disc Bubbles/whatever else and self-CDs for those Electrocutes.
    Last edited by GuyWithFace; 2010-12-27 at 12:39 AM.

Deleted
    thanks for the swift reply, i guess its actually not hard to deal with seen as you know when and where its coming. I guess this means nuking him in p2 is really not a good idea as the raid damage in this phase is not controlable atall.

It's actually a VERY good idea to DPS him in p2. We have our melee on the Prototypes, and our ranged on Nef.
    In p1, we drop him down to 74% or so, then in p2, we get him to 53% or something close. The only real hard part of the fight is tanking the adds in P3. It's INCREDIBLY hard to kite them effectively, while avoiding fires, so the less time you spend in p3, the better.(Expect your tank(s) kiting the adds to die. Repeatedly.)

With ranged on Nef in p2, we just make them go slow when he's about to do Lightning Machine(electrocute), top everyone up, then push him past.

Also, be sure to have Nature resist. It's a godsend.
    Last edited by GuyWithFace; 2010-12-27 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyWithFace View Post
    It's actually a VERY good idea to DPS him in p2. We have our melee on the Prototypes, and our ranged on Nef.
    In p1, we drop him down to 74% or so, then in p2, we get him to 53% or something close. The only real hard part of the fight is tanking the adds in P3. It's INCREDIBLY hard to kite them effectively, while avoiding fires, so the less time you spend in p3, the better.(Expect your tank(s) kiting the adds to die. Repeatedly.)

With ranged on Nef in p2, we just make them go slow when he's about to do Lightning Machine(electrocute), top everyone up, then push him past.

The kiting isn't that hard either just make sure that you don't stun/root/whatever them the moment that black ball fire thing comes flying... although having a warrior do the kiting for sure makes it a lot easier ,D.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyWithFace View Post
    >Important<