Thread: Xbox Kinect

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    The sheer amount of lolworthy posts in this thread cracks me up.
    So lying about liking it is better than being honest?
    Yeah, apparently throwing on a fake smile and pretending to like it then stuffing it into your attic never to think about it again is what 'good kids' do.

If my parents tried some kinect bullcrap on me I'd let them have it and they'd respect me for it. My mum actually knows me and what I like, that's why she found a game gear on ebay for a 22 year old. She wouldn't buy me a kinect just because she wants to play it.

I got the Kinect for my son and he and I both love it. The only problem I have is you need at least 10 feet of room from your tv to enjoy it. Even more if you want to comfortably play two player.

Sold my PS3 with Move for the XBox360 with Kinect.

Definitely better than the move (and the Wii) imo, partly because you don't need to buy another controller for 2 player, but also I just find the games more enjoyable.... jumping, ducking, dodging... I feel more immersed in the games than I did using a motion controller, especially when a lot of motion controller games are terribly gimmicky (not all).

Of course there's still limited games for Kinect, some of which are horribly buggy/laggy while looking amazing on the commercials, but give it time.

In terms of non-motion controlled games, I'm also far happier with the 360 due their being A LOT more (good) games available. Of course if you have multiple consoles this point is moot.

-Edit-

One thing about Kinect, is you need a heap more space to play, especially 2 player. So if you have a tiny lounge and small TV, don't bother. I have a heap of space and a 50inch TV so I'm yet to see any of the issues a lot of people complain about on forums.

-Edit2-

Suppose I should respond about the actual issue... maybe Ask your parents if you could exchange the Kinect Bundle for a standard 360 with a bigger HDD. Lots of game stores where I live advertised that any purchases could be returned before the 7th of January (iirc) for instore credit (basically making allowances for unwanted gifts). If you took it back to the same store, maybe they'd let you exchange it, and maybe your parents wouldn't be so pissed if you didn't try to do it behind their backs.

Personally I think you just be grateful that they bought you such an expensive Christmas gift to begin with.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2010-12-27 at 02:40 AM.

can't do this with Wii!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IbScGO0PXg

great holiday gift for your GFs

edit: imagine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQj0oSWmCss but without the restriction of the Wii board
    Last edited by rNadom; 2010-12-27 at 02:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rNadom View Post
    can't do this with Wii!

You can, my whole family did it a few days ago on Christmas Eve.

Well, if it's a present from your parents, that's incredibly rude to try and take it and sell it to put the money towards something else. I got the Kinect a few weeks back and I love it. The face scanning feature is really nice and it's motion sensor is very impressive. I really do enjoy it and it certainly had many things over the Wii, just a few including graphics, no controller, and it's more advanced movements. I love the Kinect and all of it's features, but it's really down to a matter if you want to slap your parents in the face or not.

keep it

Got one for my gf... didnt think I would play it. But she had me try it out with her and i had a blast. U can set it up to reconize you when walk in front of the tv. It also doube as a head set... works rather well for being so far away. Ill prolly never where my mic again. The game it comes with isnt that fun, so dont judge on that. It also takes pics of you as you play.. good laughs.

I have reverse engineered my Kinect already to work with WoW. I will now be unstoppable in arenas

I give up on this thread. Im done trying to explain the situation. The only reason I'm trying is because I feel really insulted on being called spoiled from people reading 3 sentences about my life. My parents are fine with me selling it, they just were confused for a second. And saying my dad was angry, was an overstatement.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Microsof...&skuId=1162439
    That was the only model that they in the store, otherwise my mom would have bought the normal one.
    Thats all, QQ about me all you want now and how big of a douchebag i am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys I got a Ferrari for Christmas and decided to trade it in for a Hat because I once drove a go cart and I didn't like it and its basically the same thing as a Ferrari.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AnheroNAO View Post
    Hey guys I got a Ferrari for Christmas and decided to trade it in for a Hat because I once drove a go cart and I didn't like it and its basically the same thing as a Ferrari.
    Your analogy feels a bit off. Maybe if he had something against cars in general and got a motorcycle instead.

Un-grateful. Seriously. I would feel like complete crap if I were you..

Anyway.. back on topic..
    I Don't have one but I would really like one because they look really fun.. Probably just need good games.

Quote Originally Posted by AnheroNAO View Post
    This is a Banhammer Magnet.

To make this Valid in some way it should be:
    Hey i got a Ferrari with Leatherseats for christmas, but i dont realy care for leather seats so i traded that for a Ferrari of the same model but with normal care seat BUT Turbo engine instead, because i once drove a car with leatherseats and it felt weird, and the seats are basicly the same.

A ferrari for a hat? are you dumb?

MODS! lock this post PLEASE! people keep trolling and flaming and ignoring the reason for this thread
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

can't do this with Wii!

Hahahaha i laughed my ass off. Look at 0;35 guy in the back totally made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebigblue View Post
    I give up on this thread. Im done trying to explain the situation. The only reason I'm trying is because I feel really insulted on being called spoiled from people reading 3 sentences about my life. My parents are fine with me selling it, they just were confused for a second. And saying my dad was angry, was an overstatement.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Microsof...&skuId=1162439
    That was the only model that they in the store, otherwise my mom would have bought the normal one.
    Thats all, QQ about me all you want now and how big of a douchebag i am.
    You asked for people's opinions, and you got them. Stop crying because people didn't agree with you.

Dude, I still own the original xbox 360 and it barely has any memory on it either, and that lasted me 4 years. Game save data barely takes up any space.

Pretty much everything that needs to be said already has been. Kinect is actually pretty fun, it's not as much of a gimmick as the PS3 Move, and especially the Wii. The Kinect trades in for $80 at GS/EB, and the 250GB HDD (The only one that works with the new systems FYI) is $130.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

can't do this with Wii!

What is the name of this music?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzmatazz
    This is Razzmatazz from the future *kzzzzzchhh* I don't have much ti*kchhh* breaking up! Note *kzzz* self: don't try to read all *chhhhh* this thread *zzzzzkch*. It will consume approx*kzzzz* 25 years of your life *kzzchchh* You will learn abso*kzzz* nothing, it's not worth *chhhhh* LIVE, RAZZMAT*kzzzz* LIVE AND FORGET ABOUT THE TRANSPARENT HORSE *tchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Entalpia View Post
    Warriors will get Concentration Shout! When he shouts at you, you are more concentrated ! ;p

Deleted
    I think it is so much more awesome than the Wii. I'm currently playing CounterStrike: Source with it. I'll post a vid later.

Edit: WoW using the Kinect (not me).

Last edited by mmoc05c338f655; 2010-12-28 at 04:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Kinect will do to the X-box what The Wiimote did to the Wii: Any game that's half decent will be buried by a massive mountain of shovelware.
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who