25man Cata: How many healers do you bring?

I just built the roster for our guild with 5 healers and 3 tanks and the rest DPS split between melee and distance.
    One of my healers complain that 5 healers might not be enough. I guess we'll learn the hard way when we start raiding next week, but I was wondering what you guys input might be.

Many thanks!

-ch

Learn the fights with more healers then drop healers as your raid understands the mechanics so you can meet the dps requirements norm run 6 heals in our 25 man.

5 healers will def not be enough for most fights, not sure if its enough for any at this point

my guild had run 25man only 2 times (we didn't ask to be ready for raiding before christmas, so everybody could take their time)
    we try halfus with 5 healer, not enough
    we try magmaw with 6 healer, downed him after ~10 wipe.

i belive that 5 healer may be enough later, when all have good gear and know the fight.
    but for guild-first kill more healers are welcome just to learn the fight.
    i mean, if you wipe after 30 sec with 5 healer, it will take longer to learn how the boss work, but if you take the boss to enrage with 8 healer, just switch 1-2-3 healer to dps and you'll kill him

Deleted
    we used 6-7 healers depending on the fight atm we cleared everything on normaal and halfus heroic

klickers runs with 6 healers (and occasionally 7, Chimaeron)

Quote Originally Posted by saeros View Post
    i belive that 5 healer may be enough later, when all have good gear and know the fight.
    but for guild-first kill more healers are welcome just to learn the fight.
    i mean, if you wipe after 30 sec with 5 healer, it will take longer to learn how the boss work, but if you take the boss to enrage with 8 healer, just switch 1-2-3 healer to dps and you'll kill him
    Seems like the most logical and result-giving method to go for..

10+ Year Old Account
    We also run with 6 healers mostly, sometimes 7 (Chimaeron in particular. I can't tell any other bosses we did with 7 off the top of my head.)

I think we might go back to Al'akir with a healer more now too... only I can't remember if we used 5 or 6 on our first night of attempts...

Generally 6 except for Council where we use 5. 7 for Neferian, Al'Akir and Chimaeron. None of the fights is a real dps check other than Council so it is fine to stack healers.

7-9 is usually the best number depending on the encounter. In some extreme cases you might want to drop down to 6, but that's rare.