Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Whenever I land on an NPC that others are trying to interact with while I'm mounted and accidentally cover it up, then I will "S" my way back off them to allow everyone to click freely.

In fights, sometimes just to make tiny adjustments while on GCD or to stopcast (my stopcast macro has stopped working for reasons i don't understand)
    This signiture is brought to you by the letters F and U, and the number 2.

"I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

Deleted
    I "s key" because using my mouse to turn and run would result in me being hit in the back by the boss.

Nuff said.

Deleted
    Worst question ever. People use whatever they like to use, and nothing is the right way to do things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post

I also s-key while doing backwards loops on flying mounts. I think that's its most prevalent use.
    this is what i use it for too lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMTIMf3 View Post
    Worst question ever. People use whatever they like to use, and nothing is the right way to do things.
    I don't think it's really better, Maybe more efficient, I think it's certainly more useful to strafe than it is to backpedal.

I use my s key as a keybind for mounting up thought o.O;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesypoof View Post
    I don't think it's really better, Maybe more efficient, I think it's certainly more useful to strafe than it is to backpedal.

I use my s key as a keybind for mounting up thought o.O;
    And you use it because you like it? or did someone tell you that using S as moving backward is strictly forbidden if you want to be pro.

Because the S key is ergonomically designed to sit below the W key, which is used to move forward. Now imagine is the backpedalling hotkey is moved to P

10+ Year Old Account
    My "s" key is my spellbook.

There really is no wrong way to move around. Some are keyboard turners, some are mouse turners, etc. People play differently and will play the way that they know.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMTIMf3 View Post
    And you use it because you like it? or did someone tell you that using S as moving backward is strictly forbidden if you want to be pro.
    I actually really prefer strafing. (maybe because of some of the benefits, non reduced movement speed, or the ability to block/parry while doing it)
    W is forwards
    A is left strafe and D is right, just the way i've always played.

They're obviously clicking while "trying" to look busy by not standing still

aka bad player

I only use my S key if I only need to move a little bit, for the rest I do pretty much use my mouse for everything.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

yeah, i've noticed some hunters on my server in pvp try to make distance with s key. a few seconds after backing up slowly, they go to click disengage and continue to s key. they could be borderline productive and fire cobra shots while they're just backing up, but they don't. hunters like those make me embarrassed for that class. an easy kill, sure, but seriously l2p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damntastic View Post
    They're obviously clicking while "trying" to look busy by not standing still

aka bad player
    I use the S key to kite the whale shark in Vash'jir.

I have a bad habit of holding down my Right mouse button. Is that bad? :P I use my mouse to flip around though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shireshireshireton, shireville, the shire
    Blame it on game mechanics. Some instacast spells require you to face your enemy while using them.
    Quote Originally Posted by perix View Post
    there are people that think war is like cod.
    That covers just about every twelve year old in America.