Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Much respect for so much time and effort! I am book marking your guide and will be sure to link it to new players. Stellar effort, thank you

Cant view it...

I get an error saying bandwidth is maxed for viewing and/or downloading files that aren't in google docs format.

Deleted
    2 things...
    1. Thanks for the feedback. I realise there will be a billion mistakes and improvements I need to make. I will update it (sometime) but not soon since I have exams and loads of birthdays coming up so I'm a bit busy.
    2. I broke google docs and I'll upload it to mediafire.

Deleted
    Awesome guide! This is brilliant for new players - wish i had this when i started in Azeroth!

great guide - one medium-size problem

wowwiki is in a bit of a mess right now and doesn't look to recover as a great wow resource anymore

Most of the people who worked on it mirrored the information and kept working on the new site wowPEDIA

More info:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wowpedia#Wowpedia

In late 2010, Wikia introduced a new fixed-width skin which caused layout issues with many articles and broke JavaScript-based features such as tooltips, as well as generating reports of eye strain and headaches.[13] As a result, the content and article history was forked to Wowpedia.org on 20 October 2010.[14] The administrators of WoWWiki, as well as the other active contributors, moved to a new site called Wowpedia.[15] The new site has been described as having "a better user experience with accurate up to date information".[16]
    On December 4, 2010, Blizzard Entertainment began to incorporate links to Wowpedia, as well as the database site Wowhead, into the new version of its World of Warcraft Community Site.[17]

Error, unable to view.

Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    great guide - one medium-size problem

wowwiki is in a bit of a mess right now and doesn't look to recover as a great wow resource anymore

Most of the people who worked on it mirrored the information and kept working on the new site wowPEDIA

More info:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wowpedia#Wowpedia
    Didn't knew this, probably gonna start using wowpedia but i think is kinda of lazy for them not to crate a forward page to wowpedia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

I cant seem to see the doc. either... Would love to email this to my girlfriend though, plz fix

Deleted

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Candey View Post
    This is my very own 30 page guide to (almost) everything a newer player would need to know about the game. It is designed to be read as they level, meaning that they only really learn about things that are relevant to what they need... so I won't be telling level 17 people about dual spec ^^
    This has been my project over the past week since it's been my Christmas break (and it's been a lot more interesting than revising for mock examinations!)

Short link: j.mp/fpAiM2
    Long link: docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B8-984P7Uh7SZmMwZWI4NGEtZDNjNy00NTdkLWJmZDctNjYxZDRmYmE5Njk4&hl=en

Download link and if I break google documents: mediafire.com/?6ih76u360indh1w

(The long link is for people who don't trust link shortening websites and believe that I'd be (for some reason?) posting a malicious site or whatever? I don't know)

Also, can't post links (yet), so my apologies!
    Your work should be rewarded. Why don't you try to make some money with this? It's very good, and I also wanted to do something like this. But because many people in Germany also should use this maybe we can talk about an translation of your work?
    IMO you should be rewarded in any way. All people who are joining mmo-champion.com are a little bit further than beginners, I guess. So, for them, it's kinda useless, but nice. But for all the beginners in this game this would be more than nice. It's a very good guide. Maybe it should be increased in value with better images, and maybe this is also interesting for Blizzard because of all the newbies they get, isn't it?

It's nice that you only uploaded this and everybody can use it now, but you've done a lot of work and IMO you should get rewarded for it. And maybe mmo-champion.com also is interested in getting more readers because of this

5 seconds ago:

Piss Man's Handbook, wtf?!

@$!#ing dyslexia.
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

Sad panda:

"You've reached the bandwidth limit for viewing or downloading files that aren't in Google Docs format.
    Please try again later."

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe that that wikia took it upon themselves to capitalise on it's popularity and prevent them doing anything with it. Not 100% sure on the situation and politics but there was some dirtiness which it why most avoid the old one like the plague!

It isn't bad.

Lots of spelling errors.

And there is a definite problem with abbreviating things within the first page of the guide. "BGs" and "Exp" and "Mobs" for example. New players who actually need this guide won't know what those abbreviations stand for, and may not even know what you mean.

This guide might be fine for beginners who have played the game for awhile, or are familiar with other games. But a true beginner might not get much use out of this for awhile.

Good effort though!

Downloaded, here is my comment:
    1) grinding isnt actually explained, you are just saying questing is better - seen on questing already
    2) death and dieing - you actually got it free of charge and ress sickness until some level, not mentioned in there at all and scaring many new players by big numbers
    3) leveling 1-10 vendor part missing something (icons ?) in text
    4) pointing them to outside wow database (wowhead refference at Leveling 11+, page 14 cca) at low level or new player guide seems inappropriate (great place for explaining it more is the last page of usefull links, where it is present)
    To not to sound so negative, i liked your CC explanation a lot, very easy to understand !

Quote Originally Posted by esmifra View Post
    Didn't knew this, probably gonna start using wowpedia but i think is kinda of lazy for them not to crate a forward page to wowpedia.
    If Wikia would allow this then it would have been done long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzles View Post
    It isn't bad.

Lots of spelling errors.

And there is a definite problem with abbreviating things within the first page of the guide. "BGs" and "Exp" and "Mobs" for example. New players who actually need this guide won't know what those abbreviations stand for, and may not even know what you mean.

This guide might be fine for beginners who have played the game for awhile, or are familiar with other games. But a true beginner might not get much use out of this for awhile.

Good effort though!
    To add to my post above, this is pretty much a guide telling players to get the information they need elsewhere. Like "Mouse over the stats to see what they do" or "Read the character selection screen about races".

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzles View Post
    To add to my post above, this is pretty much a guide telling players to get the information they need elsewhere. Like "Mouse over the stats to see what they do" or "Read the character selection screen about races".
    A guide teaching people how to help themselves is valid.

"Sadly, though they are a hero class, they are not overly powerful compared to other classes at end game."

Yeah, that's good. Teach new players that it's a BAD thing that DKs aren't designed to be a god class...

Also, it's "Outland", not "Outlands".

A mirror would be great as google docs bandwith has been exceeded

Quote Originally Posted by Beider View Post
    A mirror would be great as google docs bandwith has been exceeded
    A download link was given.