Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Tol Barad's Ridiculous Hotfix

According to the recent changes:

Winning as an attacker now rewards players with 1800 Honor Points, up from 180. Winning as a defender still rewards players with 180 Honor Points.

SO basically Blizzard implies it cannot fix the disadvantage the attackers had and provides a hotfix that actually DISCOURAGES defenders from Defending TB so they can get the chance to earn the 1800 honor points with their next attack.

Any thoughts on this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, seems a bit overkill to be honest. I really wish they would just fix the whole thing already, its super frustrating as an attacker to know that you have no chance except for early in the morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe ill get to do baradin hold for once now?

so i gues we get to atleast have a shot at the raid boss+ 3 daily quests ones in a while? why you qq bro? you mad?

1800?!? Damn. So I basically only have to win 2 times to reach the honor cap of 4000?

10+ Year Old Account
    wow? Really 1800 honor? Where did you hear this?

Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    so i gues we get to atleast have a shot at the raid boss+ 3 daily quests ones in a while? why you qq bro? you mad?
    that's hardly a qq. I am obviously fully supporting the TB changing hands much more often. The way, though, they want us to do so is ridiculous and that's what i am pointing out.

---------- Post added 2010-12-28 at 01:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Luphy View Post
    wow? Really 1800 honor? Where did you hear this?
    it's a blue post for today's hotfixes. you can check the front page too.

15+ Year Old Account
    At least the existence of this hotfix is proof of them recognizing an imbalance.

This way, it will change hands more often until the next patch, when I imagine they will reverse it and make Tol Barad not suck.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post

This way, it will change hands more often until the next patch, when I imagine they will reverse it and make Tol Barad not suck.
    I don't get why it'd change hands more often, unless people deliberately lose. The main issue was the difficulty of winning, not that winning had no reward.

A simple fix would be to increase the time on each bases control bar so that your side is considered to "own" it for longer. This would make it easier for offense to cap three before defense has time to cap one back. Easy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    I don't get why it'd change hands more often, unless people deliberately lose. The main issue was the difficulty of winning, not that winning had no reward.
    People will deliberately lose.

well..even though i don't pvp much other then this once in awhile. i will say it sounds like ill be getting full pvp gear fast for when i do pvp. maybe even get the other pvp mounts i don't have yet other then the black tiger back when you needed 30 badges from 3 of the battlegrounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way
    This hotfix is just...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S-d24HCSqI

I can stop dreaming about getting my drake now from just dailies. Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    One cannot simply walk into Mulgore...

I don't honestly think that winning Tol as an attacker is that bad.. I mean it's tough but I've come incredibly close when out numbered, just through the principles of Moral Law, Discipline, and Organization. Tactical strikes were only foiled when the hordes numbers allow them to pressure a tower with a medium guard while fending off the bulk of our infantry. Of course more informed assumptions about enemy movement, perhaps a floater to serve as recon, could have made the game for us.

In conclusion I believe a fair victory on the side of the attackers can be had with minimal combat experience, I just started the art of Player Vs Player combat, in addition leadership, combat, and tactictional texts were foreign to me beyond last week and I could see a good strategy working for a modest favor in my recent battles. Perhaps we just need time to learn the ins and outs and this won't even need a nerf, or any such change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    I don't honestly think that winning Tol as an attacker is that bad.. I mean it's tough but I've come incredibly close when out numbered, just through the principles of Moral Law, Discipline, and Organization. Tactical strikes were only foiled when the hordes numbers allow them to pressure a tower with a medium guard while fending off the bulk of our infantry. Of course more informed assumptions about enemy movement, perhaps a floater to serve as recon, could have made the game for us.

In conclusion I believe a fair victory on the side of the attackers can be had with minimal combat experience, I just started the art of Player Vs Player combat, in addition leadership, combat, and tactictional texts were foreign to me beyond last week and I could see a good strategy working for a modest favor in my recent battles. Perhaps we just need time to learn the ins and outs and this won't even need a nerf, or any such change.
    It has to do with the difficulty of attacking versus defending.

If you have to try that hard to even have a CHANCE of winning while the defense just ROFLs their face all over their keyboard from the graveyard to the least occupied node, there is a problem.

In the week I was defending on my server, I have never felt lamer while PvPing.

1. Lose a fair fight at your last node
    2. All respawn in the middle
    3. Zerg in a random direction
    4. Tap the third base out of the attacker's grasp slightly
    5. Repeat for half an hour, feeling increasingly lame for every additional minute
    6. Victory?
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-12-28 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hrm..so with beta testing it was impossible to find out how unbalanced that BG is?.....Pretty unexcusable.
    I think you'll find that's mainly due to the muppets, numpties and selfish gits that were invited on to the beta testing that treated it like a free preview of the game rather than a place to test the game, find bugs and issues and actually report them to Blizzard in the first place.

This change is very weird , i cannot understand why they did this change , 1800 is WAY to much , considering it almost impossible winning this as attacker , maybe it will bring more to the battle but it will bring more from both side , and the side that as the barad most of time is gonna get geared WAY more fast than the attacker , i mean really? 1800 that 1piece off set , and barad is every 2hours , that very redicoulous i do hope it a holiday joke , i mean seriously.

The difficult part in an argument is not to defend one’s opinion, but rather to know it.
    - Andre Maurois 1957.

Short version: "We at this moment have no fucking clue how we are to fix this steaming pile of shit we made so here is a shotgun blast fix ! ENJOY"

ohh the short cuts they take make me rage.
    Oh hi

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    It has to do with the difficulty of attacking versus defending.

If you have to try that hard to even have a CHANCE of winning while the defense just ROFLs their face all over their keyboard from the graveyard to the least occupied node, there is a problem.

In the week I was defending on my server, I have never felt lamer while PvPing.

1. Lose a fair fight at your last node
    2. All respawn in the middle
    3. Zerg in a random direction
    4. Tap the third base out of the attacker's grasp slightly
    5. Repeat for half an hour, feeling increasingly lame for every additional minute
    6. Victory?
    I've always felt like this when doing arena.

It's like playing a game of chess, but instead of using the pieces to play, the goal is to shit on the board. The one who produces a larger turd wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Drugs View Post
    This change is very weird , i cannot understand why they did this change , 1800 is WAY to much , considering it almost impossible winning this as attacker , maybe it will bring more to the battle but it will bring more from both side , and the side that as the barad most of time is gonna get geared WAY more fast than the attacker , i mean really? 1800 that 1piece off set , and barad is every 2hours , that very redicoulous i do hope it a holiday joke , i mean seriously.
    Um, did you even read it...?

---------- Post added 2010-12-27 at 09:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    why you qq bro? you mad?
    I hate you
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18