Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New Ret Mastery Confirmed

The time has come for us to lay down the law!

For example, the Retribution mastery, Hand of Light, is fun, but it doesn’t contribute enough damage. To make it contribute enough damage, the proc would need a very high chance, which then can cause paladins to devalue other sources of Holy Power. Instead, we are redesigning Retribution mastery to add a percentage of the damage of Templar’s Verdict, Crusader Strike, and Divine Storm as Holy damage (which also plays better with Inqusition). Because Hand of Light is fun, however, we are going to change Divine Purpose as a chance to proc Hand of Light instead of a chance for extra Holy Power (which will also remove a little of the randomness from the rotation).

Censure will no longer break Repentance.

this isnt a paladin one but since most of the paladins are human

We think we overnerfed Every Man for Himself, and are reverting it back to a 2-minute cooldown again. We might evaluate other racials after we’ve seen more PvP.

“GC, is this the final list of changes? Does this mean I can expect no changes for my class? Does this mean you don’t care about me?”

No. This is some stuff we are looking at so that you’ll have some context if you see changes on a future PTR. The final list of class patch notes for the next patch will doubtless be much longer.

here's the link
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1829962

rejoice/discuss/troll

Yes. I approve.

I think i must go change my pair of pantaloons i was wearing now.
    My excitement cannot be contained.
    This has honestly just given me the drive to get back online and resume farming for Zin'Rokh.

My day... has been made better... by so much. Only thing they can make this better by is making the damage read as "Salvation of the ret spec" in the combat log.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

There is so much win in that blog post. My goodness.

Yay mastery fix! But wait, what's going to happen to HP generation now with the divine purpose change? What's going to happen to the ret "rotation" in general? If they dont also give CS a talented 3 second CD this is going to be kinda bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by Audemed View Post
    Yay mastery fix! But wait, what's going to happen to HP generation now with the divine purpose change? What's going to happen to the ret "rotation" in general? If they dont also give CS a talented 3 second CD this is going to be kinda bleh.
    I actually think it's going to be easier to balance now. Since we're not going to have ridiculous RNG anymore, they can tone damage far easier so that we don't chug out TV spams for fucktons of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I actually think it's going to be easier to balance now. Since we're not going to have ridiculous RNG anymore, they can tone damage far easier so that we don't chug out TV spams for fucktons of damage.
    So are you expecting the CS CD reduction, or?

Not really, only thing we are not gonna do now is to not reforge all the Mastery, instead we take the crit off

Haste isnt to good atm anyway as we cant get enough.

Also, this is fucking win and I cant belive it untill I see it on the offical patchnotes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Those changes are awesome.Yay for less rng

So are you expecting the CS CD reduction, or?
    I'd expect fillers to hit harder, or CS to hit harder as well. Getting a new TV really fast didn't really seem like their design plan, and rightfully so. If you used the "in the mail buff" properly you could start off with 2HP from your last TV and chain a CS -> TV from that. No other class with combo points can do that. I'd expect damage to go up as a result of this, meaning PvE and PvP damage will be a lot more reliable and not subject to RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by macke View Post
    Not really, only thing we are not gonna do now is to not reforge all the Mastery, instead we take the crit off

Haste isnt to good atm anyway as we cant get enough.

Also, this is fucking win and I cant belive it untill I see it on the offical patchnotes.
    I'm not sure I understand. As is, we're already having long dead times, even with HoL procs and the HP random procs. Remove both of those and it's going to be a TON of time sitting on our thumbs with absolutely nothing to do. Lack of extra HP generation is also going to make inquisition refreshes more costly, and 4pc T11 more attractive. Come to think of it, the change will also make 2pc more attractive...

There is going to have to be either a 3 second flat CS CD, or a different secondary HP generation mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is going to have to be either a 3 second flat CS CD, or a different secondary HP generation mechanic.
    It doesn't have to be 3 seconds, since CS will still benefit from haste. Maybe 3.75 or something like that--shorter, anyway.

Glad to see this change, now i can actually enjoy ret again.
    Hi Sephurik

I'm not sure I understand. As is, we're already having long dead times, even with HoL procs and the HP random procs. Remove both of those and it's going to be a TON of time sitting on our thumbs with absolutely nothing to do. Lack of extra HP generation is also going to make inquisition refreshes more costly, and 4pc T11 more attractive. Come to think of it, the change will also make 2pc more attractive...

Atleast Im not having alot of dead times, always something to press atm.

And I cant say I 100% understand what he means with changing Divine Purpose, anyone care to explain?

As stated in GC's post none of this is final. This is definitely moving in the correct direction though, and I'm glad to see that Blizzard is at least aware of our problems :P

And I cant say I 100% understand what he means with changing Divine Purpose, anyone care to explain?
    it currently gives the spells listed a 40% chance to proc Holy Power, which is fun and all for spicing up the rotation, but it's really a pain for balancing issues and is causing tons of problems in PvE and PvP. The change will now make Divine Purpose = Hand of Light.

10+ Year Old Account

Basically, they're removing Divine Purpose's current effect and replacing it with the effect of Hand of Light.

This.. sounds.... awesome!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    It doesn't have to be 3 seconds, since CS will still benefit from haste. Maybe 3.75 or something like that--shorter, anyway.
    Making it 3.75 and THEN haste effect will further diminish the value of haste, as each point of haste will be doing less.

It means that Divine Purpose will no longer grant holy power, but instead trigger HoL. HoL will no longer just trigger off mastery%, but off the new conditions in Divine Purpose.