Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Obese View Post
    I actually feel bad for people who have have A and D bound to "turn left/right" and S bound to back. If you noobs only knew how much harder you're making the game for yourself.

Oh well...its your $15 a month...if you have fun being bad I cant change your mind.
    Restricting the possible ways for you to move your character is ignorant. It's not necessary to mouseturn-strafe to get away from something when S will accomplish it just as well while freeing your mouse to look around or utilize any mouseover macros (wee flame shock-fira nova nonsense) you may have.

QWE
    ASD

I'll never lose those bindings. I've got modifer macros out the door and into the parking lot.

Or... You could get a mouse with more then 3 buttons. Imagine that? Wouldn't it be cool if I had a mouse with 17 buttons I could press?

TFGH isn't superior to WASD, the reason lies in modifier keys, using my keyboard as an example, I think it's similar to most gaming keyboards/general use keyboards, if you use TFGH you aren't going to be able to effectively utilize modifier keys, such as Shift, Ctrl, Alt (I personally use Alt + number to tab through bars and use Shift and Control as modifier keys.

Personally, if I ever did decide I wanted to relearn keybindings and rework my muscle memory then I'd use WERD (I currently use Q and E for strafing so A and D are rather pointless but I haven't rebound them because it'd make my brain explode in the short term and I have pretty much all the hotkeys I want using modifier keys. The only downside I see to WERD is on my keyboard at least it'd make Ctrl a difficult key to use as a modifier meaning, losing that one modifier key would probably be alright with all the keys I'd gain + modifiers for them though.

Also, having S bound to back (Or whatever equally relevant to your key combo key bound to back) isn't a bad thing, there are situations (at least in PvP) where you want to just back up, not strafe, not turn around and run but back up. Don't get this confused with Hunters who spam back peddle though, that is generally bad. (This is mostly useful for fighting Rogues/Druids, but has other uses)

Deleted
    WASD + Modifiers

Also, having S bound to back (Or whatever equally relevant to your key combo key bound to back) isn't a bad thing, there are situations (at least in PvP) where you want to just back up, not strafe, not turn around and run but back up. Don't get this confused with Hunters who spam back peddle though, that is generally bad. (This is mostly useful for fighting Rogues/Druids, but has other uses)
    Err no...that is backpedaling and it's bad in all forms when it comes to PvP, if you think it's a good idea to S-key backwards at all in PvP you're actually terrible at the game. Not even saying that in a offensive way...it's just facts bro.

For ergonomics and true easy of modifiers + lots of key combos, try a Merc Stealth. Has a little gamer pad area on the left side of the keyboard. I love it.

Everything I use is binded in the four action bars that can be accessed, in the normal keyboard setup, by just pressing Shift + 1/2/3/4, I could've used 5, but theres not that much skills to bind.
    1 - Main Skills like Crusader Strike and stuff
    2 - Heal Spells
    3 - Protective Spells
    4 - AoE spells

I only use Alt/Ctrl + (RANDOM BUTTON) on macros.

Seems like a really good idea actually, although I can't imagine my little pinky finger running all over the place like that.

I personally use the arrows keys anway!

Hmmm.. Interesting
    Ginger Lock. Gunkin <Ouroboros> @ Blade's Edge US

Deleted
    WASD has more advantages.

a) all the modifier keys are available without losing hand position.

b) if you do lose hand position it is much easier to find it -- for me it's my pinky finger on Shift.

Less modifires = less binds and as you said everyone has been using wasd forever its hard to change that
    Hi Sephurik

I have a completely different system that I use.

Since the numberpad is right by the mouse, I use it for movements, on my right hand.
    2/8 for forward-backwards, 4/6 for turn left/right, 7/9 for strafing, 5 for autorun, 0 for sitting/going down, +/- for tilt up-down while flying, * to flip the camera, / as an alternate to spacebar - and since 1/3 aren't needed for movement keys, I bind raid marks on them.

Since all my movement's over there, I have all the letters for hotkeys. I use QWER ASDF ZXCV for my primary command bar. The number-keys above are for the form/stance special bar that some classes have. And for a secondary or tertiary bar, I use shift- and control-QWER ASDF ZXCV. So I can easily hit 36 hotkeys. I move my right hand between the numpad and the mouse as needed for moving or clicking. It takes a while to tweak the keyboard right, and you have to move around some of the character-pane options that are normally on the 12 letters I dedicate to hotkeys, but it's actually very effective.

Deleted
    I moved WASD to ESDF, unbound the turn left/right keys and moved strafe left/right to their place. So I used WER for movement and mouse for turning.
    That gave me an extra row of hotkeys while still being in range of shift and ctrl.