How to Merge combatlogs?

My guildy and I took a combatlog, and I need to merge them together before I upload it to WoL's. How do I do that?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda hard to help with so less info. Are you now talking 2 separated logs, with separated encounters and times, or 2 logs which has same information in them ?

We both took combatlogs during our 10 man run tonight. She emailed me hers and I want to add it to mine and then upload it. She was there for 3/4 encounters, I was there for all 4.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    But if you were there for all the encounters, why do you want to merge the logs, isn´t all needed information in your combatlog allready ?

Not for encounters such as Conclave of Winds were we are on different platforms.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It´s still the same fight, even you are in different platforms, so everything what happened in the fight, will be in your combatlog aswell. Easyest way is just to upload your complete combatlog, you shouldn´t be missing anything.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Either Darkhaus is misinformed or I am. My last info is that the CL has a maximum range of 100yd. For the Conclave of Wind encounter I can easily imagine exceeding 100yd between the two platforms that are the furthest away from each other. As far as I know it's currently not possible to merge combat logs automatically. You'd have to do it by hand, which would probably take ages.
    Last edited by Venara; 2010-12-29 at 10:19 AM.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

I know the WoW Meter Online uploader can merge logs but don't think the World of Logs client has that feature. Also, the combat log range is 200 yards because our logs are usually the same on Conclave from two people who record and they attack separate bosses.
    3930K . RIVE . 2x 7970 . Cosmos II . AX1200 . 3x Dell U2312hm
    Computer Setup / DH / huntard

After last night, I noticed that my healer on Rohash's platform was not getting his heals listed in the combat log, but he was getting his DPS listed. He was a paladin so all I saw for some fights were judgments and nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    WWS used to have a feature to merge multiple logs on upload, but WoL does not. Although WoL is superior in every other way to WWS, this is a feature I greatly miss. For the people saying merging is unnecessary, there are lots of fights where this is simply not the case. Fights like Kalecgos or Halion where raid members are in different phases, or fights like the one you mentioned where you are a far distance apart are two great examples. Merging logs vastly increases the accuracy of your combat logs in those circumstances.

I hope WoL will implement the feature or else someone will write a third party program to do so.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Copy the text of the second combatlog and paste it at the end of the first