Thread: Fake casting?

Fake casting?

I just feel that fake casting just ain't worth it. You never know if the opponent is bad enough to not use his interrupt at all, which leads to unnecessary fake casts. Also, with spells, such counterspell and glyphed strangulate, you just end up having to suffer 4sec (5 with strangulate) silence instead of 7 (YAY!). I mean usually you will end up in better situation if u manage to pull 1flash heal off and then suffering the 7sec silence, rather than not getting single heal and suffering 4-5sec anyways

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, sux fake casting versus bad players :/

Deleted
    mhm, half the time by fake casting you're just giving them a lot more awareness that you're going to heal, and that they should interupt it x(

the best way i have found to counter interrupts, is to cast a spell in different school preferably a cc, such as mind control. If he interrupts it, u have at least 10sec free cast time. If he doesnt you can mc him away from you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ropo View Post
    the best way i have found to counter interrupts, is to cast a spell in different school preferably a cc, such as mind control. If he interrupts it, u have at least 10sec free cast time. If he doesnt you can mc him away from you.
    yup good way to fake cast againist players you know arn't great is to cast something in a different school they'll just interupt it without thinking

unfortunately it doesnt help against the spells i already mentioned: counterspell and strangulate + felhunters spellock that i forgot earlier, I mean it would be fine if counterspell was just 4sec silence like the 1 shadowpriests have, but in addition it works as a 7sec interrupt, which i think is just not fair taken that blizzard already gave every melee class a homogenized interrupt

Interrupt/silence mechanics are being adressed in the next PTR, which is probably 4.1
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

The worst thing about fake casting for me, that has been rampant through WoTLK and unfortunately is STILL the case now, is frost mages.

So I fake cast an 8 second lockout successfully, huzzah ! Wait, 4 second blanket silence on me, into a 5 second deep freeze.

In either scenario, I'm pretty much fucked.

And, away from this, I've always thought that caster lockouts were far too long (spell-lock/counterspell). Yes, they're on a longer cooldown, but 8 seconds is a LONG time to hardly be able to do anything and a horrible punishment for messing up, especially if you've tried fake-casting multiple times and are forced to heal thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by KresnikHellfire View Post
    The worst thing about fake casting for me, that has been rampant through WoTLK and unfortunately is STILL the case now, is frost mages.

So I fake cast an 8 second lockout successfully, huzzah ! Wait, 4 second blanket silence on me, into a 5 second deep freeze.

In either scenario, I'm pretty much fucked.

And, away from this, I've always thought that caster lockouts were far too long (spell-lock/counterspell). Yes, they're on a longer cooldown, but 8 seconds is a LONG time to hardly be able to do anything and a horrible punishment for messing up, especially if you've tried fake-casting multiple times and are forced to heal thereafter.
    thought so too, "long" lockdowns could be dealt with (it was hard but it could) back in wotlk but right now, it's just impossible to heal through it if no cc class comes to the rescue, ie you're screwed in world pvp.

I don't know if u have noticed this, but lock/mage teams are just lol. I ran into 1 with my friend rogue. mage starts off with counterspell = 4sec silence -> 9sec sheep ->4sec sheep -> 9sec fear ->trinket -> 5sec deep -> 4sec fear -> repeat. I mean if you don't happen to be near a pillar or something to get los, u are doomed. even with 2xpoly and 2xfear = 26sec CC. I think they really should share DR.

Unfortunately it's easier to fakecast good players than bad players

Quote Originally Posted by Vinhz View Post
    Unfortunately it's easier to fakecast good players than bad players
    Its one of the world's more interesting curiosities. In a non-rated pvp setting, I would just use MC as your interrupt waster, as was suggested previously. It puts the interrupter in a no-win situation. If you get to higher ratings of BGs and Arenas, however, I would switch back to fake-casting a real heal.