Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Encrenca View Post
    shouldnt he clear dots on boss changes?
    He should idd. Mindspike is the way to go in that case.

usually has to do with lack of interrupts, not avoiding shit you can avoid and people just basically pulling their weight

days of carrying people are over, encounters require everyone to do their job or you wipe. for the past 2 years, if half the raid was awake, the other half got loot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by doomcat View Post
    if you are bad like me, just do what my guild did.

1 tank, 4 heals.

made it a lot easier.
    or even easier, 2 tanks, 4 healers. The enrage timer is either non-existent or sufficiently long that 4 dps is enough. As long as people aren't dying to 1-shot abilities, having 4 healers allows you to cover mistakes a lot easier.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...j/spell/79617/
    Backdraft is the spell cast when Magmatron's barrier is broken, lots of damage coming from that. 3,393,369 Damage.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...j/spell/80011/
    Soaked in Poison is when Toxitrons barrier is hit, moderate damage from that. 683,998 Damage.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...get/?source=70
    Your tank was taking lots of damage from static shock, from hitting the barrier on Electron. 871,210 Damage.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...sj/details/73/
    Power conversion/converted power is what happens when Arcanotron's barrier is attacked. (click on the buffs cast tab to see, for some reason it wont link directly to that tab) No damage number, but faster casts mean more damage.

Basicly, someone is hitting the shields, they need to stop it. They are causing upwards of 4,948,577 damage to your raid (over the duration of that log) that is completely avoidable. That is what is killing your raid.
    Last edited by r80354; 2011-01-04 at 12:35 PM.

If shield is broken boss can be dispelled. Turn on the /y feature in DBM so it announces in say, yell,party,raid,etc that you are being targeted by a poison add. When Toxitron is up and right after he becomes shielded be aware of raid positioning have the tank bring Toxitron to far side of room away from raiders so adds have longer travel time. Keep boss in poison he takes 50% more damage. When Toxitron is next to be released make sure tank is vocal that goes for any of the bosses Tank should be announcing who is coming next and to stop dps 5 second before shield and get ready for new add. Tank needs to press escape when shield is active to avoid auto attacking, there is no reason to build threat just stop everything.\

After reading the above poster I see you are breaking the shield on almost every attempt. Make sure all people stop attacking before shield comes up thats what timers are for. And again if boss becomes empowered tank needs to call out for dispell before he gibs someone for 150k. Seems like you just need to get dps to STOP dpsing which is probably one of the hardest things to accomplish. Have people do nothing, lol should be a no brainer but its hard. Communicate more on vent make sure dps stops early rather than late should kill it next raid IMO.
    Last edited by Dethh; 2011-01-04 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    If shield is broken boss can be dispelled. Turn on the /y feature in DBM so it announces in say, yell,party,raid,etc that you are being targeted by a poison add. When Toxitron is up and right after he becomes shielded be aware of raid positioning have the tank bring Toxitron to far side of room away from raiders so adds have longer travel time. Keep boss in poison he takes 50% more damage. When Toxitron is next to be released make sure tank is vocal that goes for any of the bosses Tank should be announcing who is coming next and to stop dps 5 second before shield and get ready for new add. Tank needs to press escape when shield is active to avoid auto attacking, there is no reason to build threat just stop everything.
    I just wanna add to this, because if you dont have the box checked in your interface under combat to STOP auto attacking when you switch targets, when the Tron hits the tank, it will trigger the auto attack. I broke a few shields before i realized that it was still auto attacking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandorr View Post
    @Canto, When the golem is active, we have 2 interrupters on him, when he's shielded, we only have our tank on him.
    I have tanked this and know that from a DK point of View you can not solo inturupt him we had a furry war stay with me and took it in turns inturupting him. Assuming its the same for other tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Encrenca View Post
    shouldnt he clear dots on boss changes?
    He shouldn't. DoT ticks don't trigger the effects from the various shields; outside of a ridiculous amount of DoTs potentially breaking Magmatron's shield, but as long as you aren't refreshing DoTs (Which you definitely shouldn't be doing, as applying/refreshing a DoT *does* trigger the shields) that shouldn't ever happen.

Hi we had a good hour on this last night I had to get very strict on my RL instructions.

1. Everytime the Bosses cast Barrier/shield I told ppl to stop attacking and switch targets(this includes the tank).
    2. Everytime Slime spawned I shouted at Ranged DPS to nuke them (especially when adds came during Toxitron's shield - easy to forget).
    3. Our Shammy (moi) dispelled Arc's shield, as a few DPS/tank hit it, if he gets one stack - you will struggle, Purge should be used/Spellsteal if you wanna play of the wildside.
    4. When Magma cast his aoe, so long as Elec was down I encouraged ppl to gather up 10yrds from boss for Aoe Heals.
    5. DPS simply aren't allowed in the waterzones, healers only.
    6. Tanks were good enough to /stopattack the boss when the shield was up (impossible damage to heal through the if the tank hits them at all).
    7. Arc needed interrupting constantly, even when he was shielded I (Resto shammy) was on interrupt duty, interrupting every 2nd cast, healing inbetween - it is more mana efficient than healing (ALOT more).
    8. Spreading on the chain lightning wasn't a huge issue I found.

Good luck mate, this fight requires 100% focus, 100% of the time.

Also if you have speed increase you can trigger the Slime's explosion and run off before getting caught if you time it correctly (don't advise this though) 'kissing the ooze'.

---------- Post added 2011-01-04 at 03:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by r80354 View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...j/spell/79617/
    Backdraft is the spell cast when Magmatron's barrier is broken, lots of damage coming from that. 3,393,369 Damage.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...j/spell/80011/
    Soaked in Poison is when Toxitrons barrier is hit, moderate damage from that. 683,998 Damage.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...get/?source=70
    Your tank was taking lots of damage from static shock, from hitting the barrier on Electron. 871,210 Damage.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...sj/details/73/
    Power conversion/converted power is what happens when Arcanotron's barrier is attacked. (click on the buffs cast tab to see, for some reason it wont link directly to that tab) No damage number, but faster casts mean more damage.

Basicly, someone is hitting the shields, they need to stop it. They are causing upwards of 4,948,577 damage to your raid (over the duration of that log) that is completely avoidable. That is what is killing your raid.
    Tank's can either deselect the target, then reselect with left click and just move around, or more preferable have a /stop macro to ensure they dnt autohit the bosses - as R80354 says - this is 100% what's killing you. Backdraft is impossible to heal through + his aoe.

If the tanks or anyone is breaking the shields and casuing as much dmg as was previously linked, After being told not to hit the shield multiple times i dont think a simple "run through" of the strat will suffice i think better or more observant tanks is within reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartfrost View Post
    I hear this guy called Google knows a lot of things.
    I know a guy who is called heartfrost who wanted to boost his post count.

OT:

We are also wiping currently on him but mostly due to the slime adds taking to long to die and than killing people.
    For the rest the red beam is quite dangerous and ofc your healers mana during a duel poison and fire boss is draining really fast if you are not carefull.

Last thing that is really important is that the dps leave the add at 52-51 energy and go to the other dps while the tanks stops attacking the add hes tanking at that moment to.
    Last edited by schippie; 2011-01-04 at 04:39 PM.

Deleted
    people have trouble on omnitron ? my guild did it on the second pull :/ i cant think of any part of that fight that can really wipe a group so much, unless you have 1 brain dead DPS somewhere attacking shields.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are players running out of mana?
    Is everyone pulling 14k+ dps?
    What does recount say regarding damage taken?
    How do players randomly die?

It's seems you may have shield problems

Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    He shouldn't. DoT ticks don't trigger the effects from the various shields; outside of a ridiculous amount of DoTs potentially breaking Magmatron's shield, but as long as you aren't refreshing DoTs (Which you definitely shouldn't be doing, as applying/refreshing a DoT *does* trigger the shields) that shouldn't ever happen.
    are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    Mind spiking the adds down is pretty useful, considering they don't live long enough for tab dotting.
    My sig was stolen, if you find it please contact me. Thanks.

my guild and I have been wondering; Does Magmatron's Incinerate Security Measure only hurt you when you stand in the fire animation or is it an un-avoidable aoe that has to be healed through?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChubbyGriddles View Post
    my guild and I have been wondering; Does Magmatron's Incinerate Security Measure only hurt you when you stand in the fire animation or is it an un-avoidable aoe that has to be healed through?
    It's unavoidable, though I believe partially resistable.

Quote Originally Posted by Laina View Post
    It's unavoidable, though I believe partially resistable.
    Yup, massive range and only partial resists from what I've seen. If Electron isn't up set up 2 camps, one on Magma's ass and one 8yrds behind them, use Healing Rain, Eff, Holy radiance etc to make that damage eatable (2nd tank just needs to be healed whilst he buggers off). You shouldn't even need to say this tbh since if Elec isn't up then people should try to gather when they can, poison cloud is 100% avoidable because of how slow it is to spawn properly.

I have done this fight with guildies and have downed them twice now. First time took close to nine minutes we were a bit under geared. For this fight we used a prot pallie to single tank them. He would keep them as close to the center of the room as possible except for toxitron he would move them to a corner. As well with arcantron when the puddle would appear. We had three healers two restro druids (who are awesome in my opion) and a priest which had put out a lightwell during magmatrons aoe which was very nice.

The first few attempts we had which mainly had us trying to use the tankspot strategy. We kept failing due to the shields breaking as with the case of the OP. So, we called for all dots, damage attacks, and pets to stop at around 50-53 energy. This would allowed for an dots to continue there run till they ran out before the shield went up around 45 energy.

As an affliction lock I took the glyph off of soul swap so it would remove the dots from the previous boss, and then once the tank picked up the next one apply them to the new one. As well, put curse of exhaustion on the slimes to slow them even more, and during those times we would call out in vent the slimes incoming and who they are targeting.

Hopefully this gives some idea on how to do this really early in the morning right now so losing my train of thought.