Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Should we hunters put on the party hats already?

How effective do you think the comming upgrading of shots are? compared with the nerfs of the other classes and adding a epic bow on wedensday?
    Will people call us op for a few months now? or do we get the bat and get hit with a minor and useless upgrade?
    Hopefully they can do it right and increase some of our shots with a little bit and work on our other struggles and fix our bugs.

When are the changes happening? is it something we can expect in a week or so?
    I am atleast quite pleased with todays news

How about you?

Deleted
    This sounds amazing. Were getting called OP right now , with this buff everybody is going to be wanting a hunter lol . :P

Tbh I'm quite suprised they didn't touch the SV dmg, though I don't complain, I reckon they just feel that our level of dps is the right (yay for no nerfs but buffs for every1 else)

Are the changes live already?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajesto View Post
    Are the changes live already?

NO, if you would read the post from him it clearly says

Before you dive down into the meat below (not really a pleasant image, that), be advised that we’re still early in the preliminary stages. The patch isn’t coming out tomorrow. I wrote this before the end of the year and other things may have cropped up in the meantime.
    If only i could learn to be sneaky like the damn Fel Reavers

10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't touch survival because it's numbers were where they should be. A lot of other classes/specs were coming up short compared to us and Blizz doesn't like this. I think Blizzard has learned you don't nerf one to make the others better, you buff them to match.

Link to post with changes please?

Quote Originally Posted by Dersoe View Post
    Link to post with changes please?
    It's on the front page, it's ginormous and blue.

Also, yes, pass out the cigars and the party hats.

---------- Post added 2010-12-28 at 05:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zerato View Post
    They didn't touch survival because it's numbers were where they should be. A lot of other classes/specs were coming up short compared to us and Blizz doesn't like this. I think Blizzard has learned you don't nerf one to make the others better, you buff them to match.
    It's exactly what I was afraid Blizzard would do, smash hunters into the ground instead of trying to bring other classes/specs up to match. I'm glad I was proven wrong.

its on the first page.

Bottom line is that it feels hell of a lot better knowing you will get buffed insted of nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by Ajesto View Post
    ... and adding a epic bow on wedensday?

What bow? Havent heard or seen this anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by moisidis View Post
    What bow? Havent heard or seen this anywhere.
    The pvp bow getting it tommorow! that with some blizzard buffing should make me roflstomp even harder.
    Actually I havent thought hunter has been bad at all, so this is all just a bonus for me

Hunters are not that great in pvp atm. No damage reduction talents mean they get blown up very fast when deterrence is down. And I dont think these damage buffs will save the hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Boggle View Post
    Hunters are not that great in pvp atm. No damage reduction talents mean they get blown up very fast when deterrence is down. And I dont think these damage buffs will save the hunters.
    The buffs are being made primarily with the fact that two of three hunter specs are miles behind in a PvE environment, there weren't really any bits of information in the class changes post that concerned hunter PvP.

Deleted
    I think the fact that they are buffing both MM and BM they are trying to ween everyone off Survival for PvP, as they have slightly better survivability for PvP but next to no damage to help it.

The only reason they did not "touch the SV damage" is because that list is only a preview. You can fully expect the bat to make an appearance. The buff to other specs will be nice for increasing hunter diversity though.

Im mm in pvp, 2600 resillience, and I am wrecking, play as a team, learn how to keep your distance and most of all, how to survive.
    I really faceroll people as often as I am getting facerolled.

BM and MM will get a slight boost with the shot improvements.

If that doesn't fix things, expect an SV nerf. Seeing as they're mentioned as a class doing "too much" damage, I'm sort of suprised it isn't in the works already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really most of BM's issues could be changed by making Kill Command a Fire and Forget, similar to intimidation; Use it and regardless of your pets location its next X hits Y.

as fucked up our class is nowadays and no talk of fixing it our damage SHOULD BE OP

Quote Originally Posted by Eunomic View Post
    The only reason they did not "touch the SV damage" is because that list is only a preview. You can fully expect the bat to make an appearance. The buff to other specs will be nice for increasing hunter diversity though.
    Reading comprehension in regards to GC's post is at an all time low, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCrawler
    We’re happy with damage overall.
    That one line says a lot. They want to bring the specs they mentioned up to the levels of the other specs they mentioned. The only place we might see a nerf is in AOE damage. And that's a might. Why is it a might?

On fights where there is a lot of area damage, Demonology warlocks, Frost DKs and possibly Survival hunters are all too high.
    Possibly is a very interesting word.

There's also another set of lines people seem to be forgetting about.

“GC, is this the final list of changes? Does this mean I can expect no changes for my class? Does this mean you don’t care about me?”

No. This is some stuff we are looking at so that you’ll have some context if you see changes on a future PTR. The final list of class patch notes for the next patch will doubtless be much longer.
    In other words, complaining that "they're only buffing these shots" or "they're only tweaking numbers" is not just jumping the gun, it's starting the race the night before.