Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Upcoming Shaman Changes

I didn't really see to much reguarding us in the changes. tbh that makes me happy, i really enjoy where shammys are right now (i dont play ele, but resto and enhance are amazing imo ). Im glad blizzard is getting enhance shammys away from spellpower weps and am slighty disappointed with the inc purge changes (although probably needed), but all in all nothing to terrible.
    How do you guys feel about the post? Anything in there you think they are completely missing? (shaman wise...dont get me started on Tol Bad)
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

I'm with you on that one, no news is good news. Enhance for me is working really well I hate to say it but GC was right when he said enhance works at 85 (though the hit rating number is a little sick). And I am actually having a lot of fun with resto and healing heroics successfully (so far) though I would love a little bump to the healing done by our spells especially healing wave..just a bit :-)

Regarding enhancement using caster weapons I could not care less. For me enhancement is two slow agility based weapons (axes, maces, fist) leave the caster weapons for the casters lets not complicate things.

we need a pvp elemental buff. seriously

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 817 View Post
    we need a pvp elemental buff. seriously
    And a mobility-buff to Ele PvE now we're at it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Use more Spiritwalker's Grace!

Overall I like where Resto/Enhance are at right now, though I still miss the gcd locked enhancement before 4.0

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Use more Spiritwalker's Grace!

Overall I like where Resto/Enhance are at right now, though I still miss the gcd locked enhancement before 4.0
    SWG isn't nowhere enough to fix our issues. Giving us a deep Ele talent that removes our shocks' shared cooldown/cutting SWG's CD in half would fix it.

Enhance

I love playing enhance in pvp and pve. I think the change to purge us going to really hurt us. How else are we going to crush priests and druids? Purge had always been our go-to pvp ability and the reason to be on cleave arena teams (burn the priest!). I wish blizz would just leave shams alone for once!

-Murderwraith

Enh is a bit high as well atm, especially in pvp

SWG isn't nowhere enough to fix our issues. Giving us a deep Ele talent that removes our shocks' shared cooldown/cutting SWG's CD in half would fix it.
    so what you are saying is removing any penalty of movement is how you think it will solve ur mobility?
    http://owlkinbf.blogspot.com/Theory is where good ideas come from. Practice is where good players come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderwraith View Post
    I love playing enhance in pvp and pve. I think the change to purge us going to really hurt us. How else are we going to crush priests and druids? Purge had always been our go-to pvp ability and the reason to be on cleave arena teams (burn the priest!). I wish blizz would just leave shams alone for once!

-Murderwraith
    they pretty much DID ignore us. They wont nerf purge into the ground, they'll probably put a CD on it. They MIGHT raise the mana cost, but thats a best case scenario because enhance shamans dont have to worry about mana.
    I play a enhance shammy in pvp atm and even i can tell purge is a bit OP.
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Wonder if they are gunna ever change resto mastery.
    I just want to say, that I just want to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    They literally just gave you arguably the best mobility CD in the game, for PvE, as well as a new instant cast spell in Unleash Elements, and a solid, powerful use to Earth Shock in addition to both of those, which again is usable on the run.

Our mobility is pretty close to "just fine" right now.

For PvP, the biggest issue Elemental has is defensive; they took out our astral talent, and we didn't get much in return for it that compares to most other classes' defensive cooldowns. If Earthquake was reliable on-demand knockdown (with diminishing returns, of course, like any CD), I'd be pretty happy with the state of things.

Deleted
    Yes remove shared shock cds that would be amazing for PvE aswell. My biggest PvE issue atm is the whole fulmination between 7-9 stacks if you have 6 seconds left on FS DoT which I personally am having trouble following on progression fights, well annoying tbh.
    A question. Can SWG get spell stolen? Making it unstealable/purgable/dispellable would be nice. And honestly I could survive with decreasing the buff by 2-4 seconds and decreasing the CD by 50%

Also a buff to Unleash Elements for elemental would be nice. If it makes ehn too strong then just simply use it as a talent (UE fire for ele as a DoT maybe? then I'll get Dark Intent from our locks... me be happy ^^)

Its likes blizzard dosnt even realized or maybe they dont even care about elemental. For example if they manage to see that ret dmg is low ( but still way better by 2-3 k dps from ele) how they didnt see that elemental is fighting to beat the tank in raids. I dont know if they are against elemental or what its going on with blizzard that dosnt give us a bit of their attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Zortorai90 View Post
    Wonder if they are gunna ever change resto mastery.
    More and more im starting to realize our mastery isnt as terrible as people make it out to be. Is crit better? Yes. Have i stopped reforgeing my mastery gear? To a certain extent. When you leave dps at 40% most of the time, almost all of our heals are buffed pretty well with our mastery. Could it be better? Always, is it decently close to fine? imo yes
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Tangster View Post
    they pretty much DID ignore us. They wont nerf purge into the ground, they'll probably put a CD on it. They MIGHT raise the mana cost, but thats a best case scenario because enhance shamans dont have to worry about mana.
    I play a enhance shammy in pvp atm and even i can tell purge is a bit OP.
    Well a CD would kill the ability too. With no ms effect (even 10 percent), killing a resto druids would be nearly impossible! Even taking out priests would be tough if they staggered shields with renews while we are on purge cd.

Also, I don't understand the meaning of enhance as "high" in pvp. How about those warriors? Even dks are destroying......or dare I bring frost mages in to this.....lol.

-murderwraith

Quote Originally Posted by Murderwraith View Post
    Well a CD would kill the ability too. With no ms effect (even 10 percent), killing a resto druids would be nearly impossible! Even taking out priests would be tough if they staggered shields with renews while we are on purge cd.

Also, I don't understand the meaning of enhance as "high" in pvp. How about those warriors? Even dks are destroying......or dare I bring frost mages in to this.....lol.

-murderwraith
    I dont think it would kill it at all, you would just have to time your purges well. This, ofc is assumeing the CD isnt huge.
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by faluchitox View Post
    Its likes blizzard dosnt even realized or maybe they dont even care about elemental. For example if they manage to see that ret dmg is low ( but still way better by 2-3 k dps from ele) how they didnt see that elemental is fighting to beat the tank in raids. I dont know if they are against elemental or what its going on with blizzard that dosnt give us a bit of their attention.
    Atm elemental is veryvery good. I personally am amongst the top 3 dpsers in our guild, the other two being a fire mage and affli lock, atm my avg dps is 13.5k and in raids I pull between 11-17(did 17 once yay) depending on the fight. However atm elemental loses alot of dps on target switching and moving fights. Now I hate to bring up iLvL but I pulled 16k on argaloth, or w/e he is called, in ilvl 328(or was it 330 can't remember) while people from my guild did 13-17k each and had ilvl 340+ (I was top on dmg btw). So that also says that fights where we aren't required to move alot or switch target are easy to pull huge dps on.

Now I do however agree on that blizzard doesn't pay alot of attention to ele or shamans in general. Every minor patch you see chages to other classes but no changes to ele, every major patch you see minor changes to ele and major changes to other classes, every expansion you see major changes to ele and cataclysmic changes to other classes. See where I'm going with this?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralIdea View Post
    Now I do however agree on that blizzard doesn't pay alot of attention to ele or shamans in general. Every minor patch you see chages to other classes but no changes to ele, every major patch you see minor changes to ele and major changes to other classes, every expansion you see major changes to ele and cataclysmic changes to other classes. See where I'm going with this?
    I disagree that blizzard doesnt pay attention to us (recently anyway). They pay attention, they just dont change anything. Now I can't speak for ele because i dont play it, but enhance and resto are great. I'm estatic that blizzard is leaveing these specs the way they are because they are both in great places right now. No news is good news, so im fine if they just wanna leave us alone for a bit
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

If they're going to nerf our purges i just hope they nerf other classes abilities to buff. It's a pain in the ass trying to kill a healer that just keeps sheilding or bubbling and they don't go oom because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic