Deleted

Which tank will be best for Guild (raiding)

Hello!
    I've played Warrior and Pala and Druid and DK as tank. In MOP only Warrior to 90.
    Im wondering which class is best for raids, im thinking about monk, it will be fine for guilds?

They're all perfectly fine.
    My guild runs a Prot Paladin and Blood DK(Me)
    and we do just fine.

Deleted
    Mostly asking for tank as maintank.

got warrior 90 already but horde

My previous post stands.
    We switch back and forth on "main" tank.

At the start of fights I generally pull more aggro unless I conserve my dmg CD's and he doesn't.

But from a damage taken standpoint it doesn't matter between the two of us really, neither one takes much damage.

Both from personal experience (and Slootbag's experience) all tanks are fairly close right now. Paladin = Monk = Warrior > DK = Drd. But the difference is quite small. If you're particularly good at one spec, do that.

If I had to pick a spec, though, I'd say Paladin. You have tools for every damage type: Strong physical dmg? Shield of the Righteous for massive physical reduction (plus block). Strong magic dmg? 40% magic dmg reduction on ~40sec cd and strong self-healing. You also have great raid utility in Devo Aura, BoPs, and LoH.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Brewmaster!
    You cared enough to post.

Any tank can "main tank" right now. Some encounters favor a certain class over the others based on class abilities but it varies from fight to fight and there's no one class that really stands out above the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by litoman View Post
    Hello!
    I've played Warrior and Pala and Druid and DK as tank. In MOP only Warrior to 90.
    Im wondering which class is best for raids, im thinking about monk, it will be fine for guilds?
    I would suggest talking to guilds to see what tanks they require and also find which class you are most comfortable with. Although some tanks are considered to be better than others, it still requires a good player to bring out the best of the class.

I have tried tanking with the Paladin and Druid and I much prefer the Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by litoman View Post
    Hello!
    If you were good enough to be joining, say, Blood Legion, or Midwinter, you might be a good enough player that the class you pick would make a difference. Of course, if you were good enough to be joining them you wouldn't be asking this question...

At the level you (and I, and everyone except a few hundred people) play there is more difference in performance from player skill than there is between classes, professions, and even talent selections most of the time. Sure, you might see one percent better theoretical performance with some class or other, but guess how many times you can screw up your rotation or CD timing for that? Zero. Do you manage that while tanking? I sure don't. Not zero, over ten bosses at ten minutes each.

Whatever class you pick, learn to play it OK, and you will be absolutely fine.

(*cough* also, at this point in the patch, it really doesn't matter, because you will not be tackling SoO severely undergeared like the few guilds where class differences do matter did *cough*)

honestly, all the classes are pretty well balanced for their roles now. its certainly not like it once was. =)

the only influencing factor, imo, (besides what you enjoy the most) is if you're particularly lopsided to a particular armor type.

i dunno why, but we always seem to be rolling heavy with plate & cloth, so one of our tanks likes to bring his bear thru the easier content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your playstyle mostly. I would go with paladin, personally. They're great as main tanks, not so much brewmaster/DK. Well, in my opinion, anyway.

Deleted
    You should play whatever you're best at and enjoy the most because that is the class you'll be most useful on. X might be the #1 tank, but if you hate playing it and just go into auto-pilot mode, you'll be doing a lot worse than someone playing the "bad" class but playing it well. So that's my advice; play whichever you enjoy the most.

Warriors are the best and DKs are the worse currently. But tank balance swings so wildly ever tier.

Also note that warriors are almost always on the bottom, they just lucked out this tier.

They are all equal; they just have differnt ups and downs.

Warriors, stat wise, are the absolute greatest tanks, but have absolutely non, ziltch, zero, 0, healing ability whatsoever during boss fights.

DKs have the greatest soloing capabilities, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloun View Post
    Depends on your playstyle mostly. I would go with paladin, personally. They're great as main tanks, not so much brewmaster/DK. Well, in my opinion, anyway.
    BrM make great main tanks..