Hello and welcome to Shkarpeenee's support room.

How many times you missed some part of guild chat or whisper while sitting in capital city because of /2 trade channel? How many times your friends ask if you're blind because you didn't see their whisper because of /2 trade channel? Are you sick of reading /2 trade: Now you can stop all that, and make your life comfortable in all trade centers, horde or alliance!

First you need to find comfortable place for your character to sit, light some cooking fire, drink some meed...and relax.
Now, you have chat window by default with 2 channels: General and Combat Log.

By default, in general tab you will see all kinds of crap, so you can easily miss something important. Now this is what you're going to do:
Right click on general tab and select Create New Window

Now enter name of your new tab. You can make several new tabs, so names should be relative to what you want to see in that chat.

Click Accept. Now click right click on new created tab and select Settings.

Ok, now this is fun part. In this config window, you have 3 categories on your left

Select things that you want to see in this window.
So lets say that you want guild chat window. Under Chat category Uncheck all except Guild Chat.
If you want to see only whispers from players, you should uncheck all, and select Whisper and Real ID whisper.
You should make window without main spammer channels. Check everything except General, Trade, LocalDeffence, LookingForGroup
So you can make any kind oh chat window you need, and never miss a thing, You are bored of Trade spaming, just swich to Chat or Guild, or you were AFK click on Whisper tab to see if anyone wrote to you... you want to sell something, click back to General tab.
Main thing here is that i am not going to tell you what to do, i just want to show you directions HOW TO DO IT! It s up to you how many chat windows you'll make or what you'll see in them. I strongly recommend that you don't modify General tab!

Now here is few examples how i did it. I use addon for chat panel called PRAT3 so chat is maybe a little different . but this is not an addon guide, so i hope next time i ll explain how to set it up.

p.s. please rename thread name to How to setup chat windows