Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The inability to use heroic leap in 90% of places.

Heroic leap seems very buggy, but according to a couple of gms i've ticketed, its intended to be this way.

Can never seem to use it if my target is a single inch elevated, nor if there is a twig standing in the way. I guess i should be thankful it works when falling, although it really only helps me avoid fall damage, or ground pound in heroic ToT.

The idea is solid, although the execution seems a little silly. I can't trust heroic leap to save me, purely cause im scared it will bug out like 90% of the time and ill be left standing in the fire. Infact you can't use it at all in twins peaks for some reason.

Loved the idea of a leap ever since it was first introduced in the tbc/wotlk beta (Forget which one, either way it was dropped), but as it stands right now, i hate it.

What are you feelings on heroic leap ?

I wasn't excited for it when it was announced. As someone that plays as Prot most of the time, it was nothing I couldn't do using other reliable tools.

But, it's live, it's there, so I try to use it. But it's unreliable. I use it for pulling when I see it'll work, as in "not going upwards". Heh, so much went wrong when I was positioning the square-mark and clicking to no avail on places that were elevated that I lost faith on HL. Good old Charge is where's at.

15+ Year Old Account
    it makes me want to punch the screen when it tells me it fails more then it succeeds

should be re-named 'Heroic path is not available'

i understand why it is this way, with wall hacking in wotlk beta. but its kinda rubbish

charge works better, it goes around minor objects, little creeks and stuff, heroic leap however gets all messed up with the smallest of ground object. it is much worse than blink, at least with blink it just doesnt work, ive been killed numerous times trying to set up a 2nd or 3rd leap after initial failure because it seems so clunky to use.

like somebody befor mentioned, it should place an invisible npc and charge to that, would be perfect solution.

while were qqing about it, should also change it to 1yrd minimum range not 8.

edit: forgot to mention trying to run back to ally base in the battle of gilnaes BG, half of the map is un-leapable, make me rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    its a really BAD ripoff from the D2 leap ability... in D2 you could leap over / trough anything, here you cant do anything Q_Q

but then again, i guess its made this way to avoid exploiting it (i.e jumping in BGS to unreachable places) stuff like that.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I for one love Heroic Leap!

I can use it fine whenever I find the need to use it, tbh! It saved my ass / made stuff easier so many times tonight when we killed Al'Akir. It also makes the fearsome elevator boss in BWD a joke!

Only time I raged a bit was when we lost an arena match cause its so bugged in RoV

Deleted
    It's horrible how blizzard decided to give us this skill. Makes me think how did it even get past beta? Just like TB. Dont they test this stuff?

And I hate how paranoid blizzard is about exploiting, just fix the environment, dont break the skills!

Deleted
    Let us try to evaluate why Heroic Leap is in the state it is in.

I will with wall-hacks:

Does Heroic Leap help getting to places you should not be @ ?

BGs and Dungeons have invisible walls all over the place so there should be no danger of exploits here. (if there is a place you should not be able to reach but can get there in BGs and Dungeons just put another wall there, you do not need to justify them, there are enough of them in the game to make that obsolete already)

Kalimdor, Draenor, Northrend and Eastern Kingdoms are completely flyable so there should be no prob here except for BE and Draenei starting areas but as far as i know they have close to no incomplete terrain. (at least not enough to justify the crippled state of the ability)

Why such a huge fuzz about players reaching unfinished terrain anyway?
    Players who do everything to reach hidden locations are not offended or anything like that by any unfinished terrain, they enjoy it, it's their reason for playing. It understand that it was a problem when they could get an advantage from it but with invisible walls inside BGs / Dungeons and no GM isle with unlimited ore hidden somewhere thats no longer the case. Leaking information? Man there is leaked info all over the net anyway and it does not come from explorers it comes from ppl ripping through the game-files.

Well with the above said it is already hard to think of any reason why blizz went for this crippled version of Heroic Leap but what i srsly don't understand is this: why don't they just use charge path-finding and just displace the winding 'i run round those objects real fast' animation with a straight jump ? oO And if thats imbalanced just half the damage, this ability is about positioning/mobility not about damage.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Completely useless. In fact I didnt put any points in skirmisher. Used them for blood craze for a major survival playstyle.

Ozruk in Stonecore. I thought: I'll use Heroic Leap to move away from Shatter.
    "no path available" - BAM! Dead...
    Same thing happened on General Husam in Tol'Vir, when bombs activated and i wanted to jump to safe area.
    It annoys a lot: I almost feel like Goblin Engineer - "is it gonna fail this time?"

Deleted
    Yep, there is no point to this ability if it is not an reliable tool. because if it fails in only 20% of the times i can not use it at all as a responsible tank.

Agreed with the OP. The pathing on the ability is horrible. Yesterday I wanted to jump across a bridge, it's like 5 m, but due to the limitations, I had to use intervene a few seconds later. What a waste of seconds. The healer got to eat a few fireballs during that time...

10+ Year Old Account
    The only place were i have found it not working at all is AB where the abillity is so bad because of all the hills you cant get up with the abillity .

Considering that tanks pulling with it generally make CC impossible (as it WILL be broken, probably by lolcleaverend or DK diseases), I am rather ambivalent about this.
    Facile pi?

BEWARE:

I get annoyed easily by people who are slow-minded, and people who spell badly. Oh, and if you want to use the "not my first language" excuse, it isn't mine either.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakamutt View Post
    Considering that tanks pulling with it generally make CC impossible (as it WILL be broken, probably by lolcleaverend or DK diseases), I am rather ambivalent about this.
    Imho it's not an ability designed to pull with :?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    this.

for tanks it is an ability to escape, position mobs (if this would work it would be very accurate / elegant) and pick up adds.

btw the circle to place the ability is also very broken a as the actual radius of impact is 3 times bigger than the circle displayed on the ground and so like every other ability this one involves a lot of guess-work.

i have never had any problems by using heroic leap. I am main tanking in our guild and im using it alot to position bosses or escaping(gives a healer 1-1½ sec to heal me up) even if a group of mobs comes around there needs my attention i use it. i think it is 1 of the best ability for warrior atm in raids. i have only seen the "bug" your talking about when i try using it up stairs, not down stairs. But im not tanking a boss on a stair so i never mind. And yes about elevation, i dont think it is ment that your warrior can jump up on several things in pvp or arena where people actually have a safespot for sec or 2. my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Nevertheless, not all tanks possess your great wisdom.
    Facile pi?

BEWARE:

I get annoyed easily by people who are slow-minded, and people who spell badly. Oh, and if you want to use the "not my first language" excuse, it isn't mine either.

It's a fun ability WHEN it works. It's ok most of the time but it's also completely unreliable which makes it a no-go for tanks in many situations.

Deleted
    I don't know where you guys targeting your jump, it works fine for me.
    Are you fighting in mountains or something ?
    Just jump where there's no obstacle, not to hard on boss fight, isn't it ?
    Ozruk in Stonecore. I thought: I'll use Heroic Leap to move away from Shatter.
    "no path available" - BAM! Dead...
    Really ? You have to target on the ground not the wall.

It's awesome for kiting, escape, jump on little mobs to ae, jump through tornade on Al'Akir (oops I said it), jump over an AE, that kind of stuff.

Although it might be more tricky on PvP I admit.
    Last edited by mmoc92a944c989; 2010-12-30 at 10:27 AM.