Deleted

Deathwing gives away his scales.

From front page:

* The following reagents no longer have limits and are now available from Una Kobuna and Casandra Downs in unlimited quantities: Deathwing Scale Fragment, Scavenged Dragon Horn, Bleached Jawbone, Silver Charm Bracelet, and Preserved Ogre Eye.
    Wait, what?

So a random vendor sells DEATHWING's scale fragments in UNLIMITED quantity? Where's the logic in this?

They should rename the item at least.

What do you think?

Wait... how can mages summon fireballs from their hands?
    WHERE IS THE LOGIC!?!

Just buy up a bazillion deathwing scale fragments until he is nothing. GG cata, and epic loots for all!

The guy is falling apart. The market for his scales is flooded.

It's a fragment, and he is practically falling apart himself. I guess he probably sheds hundreds every day, as he attacks zones all across Azeroth.

Deathwing scratches his ass everywhere, hence the scales being available.
    The unlimited quantity comes from him constantly doing it aswell as dragons regenerate scales.

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

Deleted
    *cough* unlimited *cough*

EDIT: lol I bet scratching Deathwing's ass would be the mechanic in the final raid encounter of cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post
    WHERE IS THE LOGIC!?!
    Basically this. You kinda have to suspend disbelief in this game, especially over something as trivial as this

The real answer is that when they were limited in quantity, they had stupidly low respawn times, and some people never saw them onthe vendor due to some enterprising souls auto-camping them. And these were borderline necessary to level the profession.

So then they made the respawn time extremely quick. But when they are selling only 2 at a time and they return in a matter of seconds, they may as well just be infinite at that point.

15+ Year Old Account
    seems humorous you guys talking about his ass....has anyone caught the quest in Uldum I believe...Master of the Bait(not title of quest)...I forget what all I read on this one. Anyways, I looked up the quest because I was curious and realized that developers do have a sense of humor perhaps because of subtle innuendos. The Raiders of the Lost Ark theme didnt go past me either. I was certainly impressed with the "ark of the Covenant" and the guy popping out talking to "junior". Anywhos, will let you guys rant about those scales of his while I try to mind wipe myself in Archeology.
    Can Upload Images for Signature No
    Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature No

10+ Year Old Account
    Those items use to be huge money makers for me. You could get them from pickpocketing lockboxes and then make a huge profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he forgot to buy some head and shoulders...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post
    WHERE IS THE LOGIC!?!
    to quote totalbiscuit:
    Nub: BUT HOW DO THEY SHHOT FIRE UNDERWATER?
    TB: Because it's MAGICAL fire
    Nub: THEN HOW DOES IT HURT ELEMENTALS?
    TB: Because it's MAGICAL fire

truer words have never been said :P

The fact the least logical thing you can think of is that a vendor sells deathwing scales is quite unimaginative.

Deathwing Scale Fragment-look at the back- MADE IN CHINA!

Deleted
    also, it's not what you think it is:
    Deathwing's a libra you see, so he has a necklace with a pair of scales on it, he accidentaly broke it, and the necklace fell to the ground, shatterring into tiny tiny fragments about 1cm cubed
    the reason you can buy an unlimited amount? he's bad at looking after his jewelery...also, magic