Deleted

Quick question on flyers

Really quick infact.

The first flying skill level is now 150% in air, was this a buff come Cata?

Pretty sure it happened during Wrath...

Yup. Patch 3.2. http://www.wowpedia.org/Patch_3.2.0
    Expert Riding (Skill 225): Can now be learned at level 60 for 600g from trainers in Honor Hold or Thrallmar. Faction discounts now apply (Honor Hold for Alliance; Thrallmar for Horde). Flight speed at this skill level has been increased to 150% of run speed, up from 60%.

They changed it to 150% sometime during Wrath. I'm someone will know exactly when.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they changed that during LK, bumped it up from 70% I believe. Made no sense before to have it be slower than an epic ground mount.

Deleted
    I quit halfway through Ulduar so I wasn't sure.

What speed was it before hand? I was planning on skipping learning the skill cause I thought it would be pointless because it's was so slow and just saving up for the 280% but now that it's faster than my ground mount I might aswell go ahead.

It started out that the flyer only went 60%. The same as the slow land mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Manito View Post
    It started out that the flyer only went 60%. The same as the slow land mount.
    Nothing made 5k gold seem more worth the price than 60% flying around Storm Peaks *shudder*