Shield Slam scaling values

I, for the life of me, could not find any information on how shield slam actually scales in Cataclysm. Am interested mainly in the lower brackets, seeing how my warrior is level 5 right now, but appreciate any answers.

If this is written anywhere, I'd be happy if someone could direct me towards that topic.

Uh, it should be something like, a decent base damage + 60% of your AP. It hits for a satisfying damage. On early levels, as i remember from my warr tanks at various levels they were hitting nice amounts. As for lvl 85, you can probably recount link your occasional 100k crits to your dps friends and have a laugh when they get shocked after a raid fight. :P
    Last edited by Noirin; 2010-12-29 at 02:08 AM. Reason: a little fix

Yea as far as I know it is just modified by your AP like Noirin said. It has been awhile since I leveled my warrior but I have heard stories with vengeance at lower levels being able to 1 shot mods. At the moment as level 80 just running heroics and in very average gear I regularly see >20k crits in heroics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noirin View Post
    Uh, it should be something like, a decent base damage + 60% of your AP. It hits for a satisfying damage. On early levels, as i remember from my warr tanks at various levels they were hitting nice amounts. As for lvl 85, you can probably recount link your occasional 100k crits to your dps friends and have a laugh when they get shocked after a raid fight. :P
    100k? :C im in 348 ilvl and i hit for maximum 50k.

10+ Year Old Account
    @buutch - 18500+ Ap from vengence when tanking frenzy halfus = huge omfg crits when shield block is up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991 View Post
    @buutch - 18500+ Ap from vengence when tanking frenzy halfus = huge omfg crits when shield block is up.
    Thats with a dmg buff isnt it? I dont usually count dmg buffs into "highest crit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Good point, looking over tonights logs my avg crit on Halfus is ~60k but on most other bosses it's ~24k avg crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991 View Post
    Good point, looking over tonights logs my avg crit on Halfus is ~60k but on most other bosses it's ~24k avg crit.
    Exactly. I managed to crit 52k or so in a random heroic, with pretty much capped Vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by beardedcandy View Post
    personally i think karazhan is the best raid instance in the game. the sheer epic feeling of it is awesome. and man it was challenging!
    Wrong thread man, wrong thread.

hehe... H TotT last boss 3rd phase = near 600k shield slam crits XD

but if you want to know the base damage of it (without any exterior buffs) i would suggest looking the spell up on wowhead

there is a slider bar which you can adjust from the level you get the spell to max level (85 until next expansion) and anywhere in between
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob View Post
    hehe... H TotT last boss 3rd phase = near 600k shield slam crits XD

but if you want to know the base damage of it (without any exterior buffs) i would suggest looking the spell up on wowhead

there is a slider bar which you can adjust from the level you get the spell to max level (85 until next expansion) and anywhere in between
    Not for shield slam for some odd reason, same for mortal strike and same for Bloodthirst. It seems to not have the "spec exclusive" spell IDs yet.

Just calculated it with my 2-hand and my one-hand weapons, char is level 10. According to the tooltip it's 123 damage with 108 AP, 118 damage with 100 AP.
    Assuming it's a simple x+a*AP function, this would lead to 62.5% of AP and 55.5 basedamage.
    If we assume a value of 60% of AP, the basedamage is increased to 58.2 with 108 AP and 58 damage with 100 AP.

Wowhead shows a 52-54 base damage, though... Guess it's somewhat close to the value from wowhead, just not exactly it and SS will then scale with somewhere between 60-65% of AP.

Edit: Okay, didn't know that battle stance is included in the tooltip. >.<
    Changes it to 113 with 100 AP and 117 with 108 AP... woah, the rounding is evil here, would lead to only 50% of AP and 63 base damage. ><
    Last edited by Voij; 2010-12-29 at 12:50 PM.