Deleted

Are these good temps for this GPU?

Got my friends old 9600 GT. Big upgrade from a DDR2 GT 220.
    My idle temps are around 40-50 and load temps are about 73*C. Is this okay? Max temps recommened for 9600 GT is 105*C

Deleted
    Its not the greatest but it can do with that tepmeratures, I would start real worrying if it gets over 85*C

And the max reccomended temp for that gpu that you are refferng to is actually the max it can take which does not mean it's healthy or recommended(nor safe)

As long as it doesn't go above 85*C it's good.

Deleted
    G94 will run at 80 c all day long and smile at you for it they are very robust old gpu's my mate is still using one he has had for years to this a day ^^

Mine never goes over 75*C so it should be fine.

on my laptop, the gpu (8600gt) idles at 60 and when running wow around 90.
    other games push it up past 95 (which is when my alarm go off and have to alt tab to allow everything to cool for 20 - 30 seconds)
    my gpu is known to have issues and when i get back to Oz in 6 months, i invest in an upgrade. ive spoken to a few computer stores near where i live atm (austria) and everyone looks at me blankly when i tell them i want to upgrade my graphics card in my laptop.

i clean my vents weekly, take the casing off and vac monthly and also have my laptop sitting on a cooling deck
    Last edited by shögon; 2010-12-30 at 01:52 PM. Reason: splelling

Quote Originally Posted by Reguilea View Post
    Got my friends old 9600 GT. Big upgrade from a DDR2 GT 220.
    My idle temps are around 40-50 and load temps are about 73*C. Is this okay? Max temps recommened for 9600 GT is 105*C
    Yes it's fine.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

Deleted
    My laptop has also got an 8600GT, it gets really got while playing wow. Near the 80 degrees. Everything is still fine.

WHen your GPU passes a certain level, it will shut down instantly. So your PC might be running, but you wont have a screen to look at.
    If you feel it is getting to warm, buy an active cooler (if it doesnt already have 1). They make some sound, but mostly keeps your GPU cooler.

I just bought an 5870 (ati) for my desktop. Was playing wow on Ultra for about 1 hour, didnt rose above to 45 degrees (about 20 degrees in my room). While my passively cooled card (older 1), was getting really hot on low settings already

Deleted
    Yeah thanks everybody. The HSF probably is a little dusty anyway

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most GPUs run hot on stock coolers anyway. They're designed to run even up to 100°c and typically fry at temps over 120°c.

So you're fine. If you want to drop the temps, buy some Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound and an after-market cooler from newegg.