Thread: WoW Mice

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    As of 2 days ago i was about to buy the razer naga, until i done a bit of research and found out that the buttons on the side are just another way to press 1-9 on your keyboard and i feel this is next to useless, i would much rather have seperate keys on my mouse that i can bind to buttons out of the W zone of my keyboard i love using my mouse to put all the keys i use most often in arena so i thought a naga would be pointless for me apart from the 2 badly situated keys at the top that are extra keys.

So instead i brought a razer deathadder respawn as i did currently own a deathadder that was abit worn and torn, it arrived today and its fantastic. I seriously would not be able to pvp without a mouse with extra buttons for example i play mage and have. Sheep = Press mousewheel in. Counterspell Mousewheel down. Cone of cold mouse wheel up. and the other 2 buttons on the side are bound to both ice lance and blink. All the buttons i use most on my mouse. Cant sing this mouses' praises enough!!

Using the Naga feels like holding a hand grenade. I love it.

Really fun mouse. Just be sure to either download the driver or hit the switch on the bottom that converts it to number pad mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently using mx518 and have been seriously considering the naga but am reluctant to switch due to the immense change in play it would require. Perhaps after we get the new content on farm I will try it out but for now I cannot see switching something as important as my mouse while trying to progress.

Red face

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway.
    Last edited by Jaqera; 2014-07-29 at 06:24 PM.

Honestly I have gone through a lot of mice... mostly through hulk smashing them during arena. Though none have compared so far to the new World of Warcraft Cataclysm Mouse from Steelseries... they really hit it out of the field with this one. I agree its predecessor wasn't all that great, but this one is perfect for me now. Lots of buttons just where I would use them. They're not to big that I could fat finger them and best of all the mouse is "durable" :P not to mention it looks amazing too! There are plenty more reasons its the best but this would become a very long reply... There was a really good review done it it by Hardwareheaven so ill just link that for people looking into it more. The only downside of this mouse is that its sold out almost everywhere...

edit: I can't post a web link yet so, if you're wanting to know more, just search google for "Cataclysm Mouse Hardwareheaven review" it should be the first link that comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxile View Post
    the buttons on the side are just another way to press 1-9 on your keyboard and i feel this is next to useless
    Can you press ctrl+9 on your keyboard at the same time? Yeah, didn't think so. Can you press ctrl+9 on a naga at the same time? Yep.

I like the Naga, but I noticed the the keypad on it doesn't like shift modifiers. It gets sticky when I use the shift key.

Razer DeathAdder

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxile View Post
    As of 2 days ago i was about to buy the razer naga, until i done a bit of research and found out that the buttons on the side are just another way to press 1-9 on your keyboard and i feel this is next to useless, i would much rather have seperate keys on my mouse that i can bind to buttons out of the W zone of my keyboard i love using my mouse to put all the keys i use most often in arena so i thought a naga would be pointless for me apart from the 2 badly situated keys at the top that are extra keys.
    With the new drivers out i'm pretty sure you can bind ANY key to your naga mouse not just 1-9 only.
    CTRL 1-9, Shift 1-9. Meaning you have way more button's than normal without moving your left hand from WASD, or ESDF and whatever binds you have around it. Also CTRL / Shift can easily be binded to the mouse (Scroll wheel button.. special buttons on the side IIRC?)

It's an amazing mouse no question but it sure does take time to get used to.. Try not to make excuses for it and try it you will get the hang of it easily.

Quote Originally Posted by ScareKRO View Post
    Anyone have any mouses they'd like to suggest.

I just picked up the Razer Naga and I love it, and I want to see if there's really anything out there that could actually make my gameplay better....I barely move my hands anymore lol.
    Use the same one and love it.
    - Nom Nom

Personally, I use a Logitech Anywhere MX.

I know, its not at all a "gaming mouse" but it has several things going for it. First, its quite responsive considering it seems to use much the same hardware as the Performance MX which is a gaming mouse. This includes the tiny dongle which allows unified control of multiple USB devices through a single high-speed USB nib. It doesn't have adjustable DPI but that doesn't really seem terribly applicable to WoW. It only has 7 buttons (5 that I would consider configurable, right and left click don't count), but it does have a few high points.

First, I really like the shape. Its a smaller mouse and I have hands on the smaller side with comparatively short fingers. I also very much prefer to control a mouse with my fingertips without the mouse body ever touching my palm; it just seems to offer better control with high sensitivity settings. It is also mostly symmetric. The flanges and protrusions on lots of mice these days are just not attractive or comfortable IMO. It seems like the designers want you to rest your fingers or the side of your hand on mouse itself, but I like keeping a finger on either side of the mouse touching the mouse pad itself so I can gauge how I am moving it.

Another interesting feature that comes into play more while I am mobile is Darkfield tracking. The ability to track on glass and reflective surfaces is surprisingly useful. Since this is a wireless mouse it runs on two AA batteries, although if you choose it can function perfectly well on a single battery. Two rechargeable lithium AA batteries makes it on the heftier side of mice which I like, but if you wanted to lighten it up by using a single non-rechargeable lithium battery you could quite easily. I also like the ability to switch between a very smooth scrolling mouse wheel to a mechanically ratchet action simply by pressing down on the wheel, but this does force the middle wheel click to be a separate button slightly behind the wheel itself. I don't mind this at all though, considering it would be tricky to avoid triggering the right or left tilt of the wheel while doing so, which can be bound to different actions as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm lovin' my Razer Mamba, but I also play a little of everything. Razer is amazing, and if you only play WoW, get the Naga. Everything they make is gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    I'm weird in any culture
    If life's a stage, when's the after party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Using Razer Naga and i'm loving it

I recently picked up a Steelseries Xai. It's an excellent mouse I would recommend one to anyone.
    AMD 1055T @ 3.78 | Biostar TA890FXE Mobo | 4G G-Skill Ripjaws 1600 Ram | HIS Radeon 6850 | Crucial C300 64G SSD | 1000W BFG PSU

Deleted
    I Myself use a Microsoft Intellipoint Explorer 3.0. Set me back a bank breaking 15 quid.

Its more accurate, more comfortable to hold and a nicer fit in my hand than any other "gaming mouse" I've ever used and I;ve used a few.

I wouldn't ever by a gaming product again I don't think.

Logitech G13 + Razer Naga = Total domination.

Logitech G13: Frees up your WASD for skills/abilities, relies on thumb control for movement via Analog Joystick (still need to tweak the dead zone on it)

Razer Naga: 12 Glorious buttons for more key binds/macros/abilities

Learning curve = GINORMOUS!!! But well worth it.

At this point, the keyboard is only used for typing.

Microsoft Razer Habu

Comfortable to use and it has 5 buttons + dpi adjustment. More than enough for the way I like to play.
    [/url]

I have a naga on order. Its coming in tomorrow, so I'm gonna see how I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently using the razer copperhead mouse, been the best mouse I have ever had, also tryed the steelseries wow mouse and didn't like it one bit... When the new year arrives I'm planning on buying the razer naga and the megalodon gaming headset I personally don't think anything can compare to how awesome razer gaming products are.

Deleted
    Im currently waiting for a Naga Epic (half price here in sweden yay!) and which buttons do the buttons on the mouse count as? I thought it was just mouse button 1-17 or smth.