Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I like how everyone seems to think it is a brilliant idea to completely shut down the idea of using Kinect for WoW. That particular group was using it to demonstrate what the kinect is capable of and in no way or form were they saying you could play WoW at 100% with it. While I do agree it would never work with WoW outside of very basic gameplay I do feel it has a lot to do with the future of gaming. Imagine a FPS where you play completely with your own body movements, if they could pull it off (which this video proves is definitely possible in the very near future) it would be a huge hit in the gaming world.

TL;DR Version: Kinect is bad as hell, they never said you could play wow 100% with it. Kinect is the future of gaming.

Blue comment on heroic dungeon difficulty is absolute outrage. Not only Zarhym obviously bit a troll, he also quite blatantly insulted wide range of players that play WoW casually--meaning they have to prioritize when and for how long they can play, the term does not determine their performance in-game.

I was great supporter of LFD tool when it was introduced during mid-WOTLK and avid supporter of it for the rest of it. It is with great disappointment to finally admit that Cataclysm killed LFD, at least until time when general public will overgear these instances again. Zarhym said they wanted to make Cataclysm game play challenging and fun. I fully support such statement and determination, however, such intention should not go against previously implemented solutions--e.g. LFD tool. This tool bring to life true meaning of term pick-up group: random people joining random instance with varying levels of game knowledge, gear, experience and time available. Expectation that such group will work at high level of coordination, communication and within performance limits to allow for smooth clearing of challenging content is far too stretched. It can, it sometimes does but more often than not it is not the case.

I'm currently at verge of completely abandoning any attempts to join LFD with my characters because it just does not work anymore. Introduction of CC requirements, at least in early stages of Cataclysm, and damaging mechanics that are avoidable but deal significant amount of damage if not avoided have pushed "difficulty" of instances far away from what you can reasonably expect from LFD PUGs. I intentionally put difficulty in parenthesis as this is difficulty is artificial. Problem with the difficulty is in fact it works in a binary manner. It is either there, when you do not have CC, or it is not there, when you bring lots of it. LFD tool is not able to ensure you have class composition with viable CC similarly it cant ensure you get competent players. If shit hits the fan, you not only get little or no CC at all but also incompetent players to top it off. Unfortunately, the later situation is what I have been experiencing with LFD for quite some time now.

At the end, this rant only addresses issues with LFD as Cataclysm content is very enjoyable with friends and guildmates so far.

The Kinect thing is an academic research project trying to use Kinect for physical therapy and the like. It's not intended to be a top end raider's primary control interface. It's more for the cool factor than anything.

The kinect isn't design for PC games, I don't know why they want to make it happen. it's gonna be a failure.
    PC games are all about APM (Action per minute) something you don't have with arcade games, and much less with consoles.
    Try to imagine someone who uses a Kinect than can do 300 APM (5 movements every second) for more than 30min.. yeah..

Got the 1k card a couple of days ago, though I make them myself and turn them into buff food - makes buffing in raids a bit more exciting.

I can't even get into Heroics, I sit in the que around 30-45 minutes each day with no luck, and I'm sorry but I'm not gonna dedicate more time than that to WoW if I can't get anything started in almost an hour of waiting... feels like Everquest (yak)

Not only that, I have NEVER got into a heroic, and barely ever get into regular dungeons... after reading this, I understand why nobody wants to do it now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just as "casuals" have the right to pay $15 a month to complain about dungeon difficulty and use less/more time played as an excuse to not learn to play in a party environment and get out of solo mode, so to do the other four people in a dungeon party and their combined $60 a month have the right to remove players who do not want to adapt because they want to play their character "their way", which is just usually another way of saying they're too lazy to CC and move out of the bad.

As always, it's easier to blame the developers or other players than man up and take the blame yourself and try to play better, and just continue being lazy. It isn't WoW that is hard, it's lazy players that make it hard on themselves.
    Last edited by Kelzam; 2010-12-29 at 03:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakashima View Post
    Just as "casuals" have the right to pay $15 a month to complain about dungeon difficulty and use less/more time played as an excuse to not learn to play in a party environment and get out of solo mode, so to do the other four people in a dungeon party and their combined $60 a month have the right to remove players who do not want to adapt because they want to play their character "their way", which is just usually another way of saying they're too lazy to CC and move out of the bad.

As always, it's easier to blame the developers or other players than man up and take the blame yourself and try to play better, and just continue being lazy. It isn't WoW that is hard, it's lazy players that make it hard on themselves.

yup. It's like buying a health club membership and then complaining it's too hard to bench 225x20, or run 6 minute miles ... that's why weights come in different sizes, and the treadmill has different speeds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zrankfappa View Post
    yup. It's like buying a health club membership and then complaining it's too hard to bench 225x20, or run 6 minute miles ... that's why weights come in different sizes, and the treadmill has different speeds.
    Hahaha pretty awesome

pd: boub thanks to ruin my bsns with cards

Quote Originally Posted by zrankfappa View Post
    So I guess it isn't so hard as much as it is different from WoTLK? I'm ok with that, I have been around since Vanilla and although my playing time has decreased dramatically, I wouldn't say I'm a bad player. I been through just about every raid/dungeon/heroic in the game pre-cata so I'm ok with it.

It just feels rather time consuming now tho, and maybe that's just because it's new and different than it was most recently, hopefully that will even out in time tho. I admit, I haven't done much of anything at all in Cata aside from quests, so I can't really comment on actual content... just time in the QUE trying to do a dungeon.. and decent "casual" guilds are incredibly hard to find.
    Last edited by Decrepit05; 2010-12-29 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    Mysterious card useless? it's the ingredient to make fortune cookies, one (if not the most) useful raiding cooking recipes there is until you get the fish feast.
    ^this. The fortune cookie gives you a 90 stam, 90 "useful" stat food buff, equivalent to eating the newest fish feast. Very yummy!

I'm buying a Kinect now! Healing one random normal every day = ill go down 20 kg in no time!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2er View Post
    So this is how it begins. It'll start off with bodily movements but before you know it, WoW will become a Virtual reality game and then it really will take over the world.
    And now I'm having flashbacks to .hack.

Quote Originally Posted by Suwide View Post
    really sad that blizzard has to justify why Heroic aka HardModes aren't EasyModes ...srsly, it is good i cant post on US forums, otherwise i would do something stupid ... especially if you read the original post: Cancel your Account .. in fact yes cancel your account, nobody wants to play with low brained/skilled whiners
    You are making a very real mistake here, the same one blizz is making. They are assuming anyone who doesn't run heroics, or spend 6 hours a day playing has no skill. I don't play that much, but I have plenty of skill. The problem with elitist like you is that you think anyone who doesn't play this game like a full time job lacks skill.

About the kinect that was really great. Anything that gets kids off the couch and on their feet is great. America really does have an issue with obesity. Part of that has to do with issues of entertainment, but another issue with it is safety. When someone asks what their kids can do to stay healthy you can't just say let them go play at the park. Crime is a serious issue. Now it's simply safer for children to stay at home. This will give children, and adults, a fun way to exercise. The wii was a great thing for that. Of course the system was lacking in some areas, but with the xbox offering this it's a very good solution. The technology they are using allows it to be applicable to a much wider variety of media. So while people on here may say "hurrr let's see you do heroics with that, lols @u" they are idiots. You should appreciate what this is trying to accomplish. If you can't, then maybe you are part of the problem America is having. I'm not going to call you fat, but maybe you have some other reason for not encouraging a way to have fun and exercise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unkn0wnerr0r View Post
    You are making a very real mistake here, the same one blizz is making. They are assuming anyone who doesn't run heroics, or spend 6 hours a day playing has no skill. I don't play that much, but I have plenty of skill. The problem with elitist like you is that you think anyone who doesn't play this game like a full time job lacks skill.
    no, it is you making the mistake. progression for end game content: normal dungeons -> heroic dungeons -> raids -> heroic raids

The LFD queues are long because people cannot and/or do not want to carry bad players through heroics. now this doesn't mean you are bad, you could be the best player in the friggin world, but for every one of you, there are 50 players who are not up to snuff for heroics and think they are entitled to be carried .. .while they eat, or talk on the phone, or go shower ...

this is the reality three weeks after release: a competent group, minimally geared (ilvl329) and learning fights you are looking at 2 hours for a heroic. a competent group geared decently (ilvl340) who know the fights, you are looking at 45 minutes (depending on which dungeon,some are longer).

if you cant spend the two hours progressing towards the 45 min runs, then level archaeology until the masses over gear the current heroics, lfd queues are 15 minutes again for dps, and its a chain pull fest. i give it 3 months tops.

This horse shit about people not being able to do 5 mans is classic. Considering multiple epics can be obtained through Rep, TB, BOE, and Crafted items and filled out with 346 crafted and rep items, the problem is probably the player not the game. Once you are roughly 345 or better gear, the CC Requirements goes way down and you can pretty much coast through a heroic in 30-45 minutes.

For those DPS that are depending on LFD and have a tanking or healing off spec... Learn to heal or tank baddies.

For mages warlocks rogues and hunters.... those depending on LFD are just lazy. IF you are good at what you do, people in your guild will bring you to their run.... or hey... you could take some initiative and create a group, organize times and run on a schedule. I know hard stuff.

FAILTARDS.... there is enough easy gear to be had. now stop with the complaining or go play Micky Mouse Club House.
    Last edited by arronwolf; 2010-12-29 at 05:20 PM.

This horse shit about people not being able to do 5 mans is classic. Considering multiple epics can be obtained through Rep, TB, BOE, and Crafted items and filled out with 346 crafted and rep items, the problem is probably the player not the game. Once you are roughly 345 or better gear, the CC Requirements goes way down and you can pretty much coast through a heroic in 30-45 minutes.

For those DPS that are depending on LFD and have a tanking or healing off spec... Learn to heal or tank baddies.

For mages warlocks rogues and hunters.... those depending on LFD are just lazy. IF you are good at what you do, people in your guild will bring you to their run.... or hey... you could take some initiative and create a group, organize times and run on a schedule. I know hard stuff.

FAILTARDS.... there is enough easy gear to be had. now stop with the complaining or go play Micky Mouse Club House.
    Hrm...well lets examine this shall we? We're three weeks in, so that means you could have only done BH 3 times, whats the easiest way to gain rep? oh right heroics! , how many people have the money to pay some of the rediculous prices for the BoEs? escpecially casuals? and crafted pieces that are worth anything require the new orbs which are BoP and come from where? the end of a heroic! So supporting the idea that casuals can easily obtain gear outside of heroics is rediculous.

I lawl at your "L2Tank or Heal", so if the queue is full of tanks and healers, who is going to DPS? And I don't know if you noticed, but neither tanking or healing are cake walks anymore, so they require as much if not more skill than DPSing.

And really? calling pure DPS classes lazy cause they have to wait in LFD queues? Some people don't have guilds, some guilds don't do guild heroics, most people will not run with a scheduled cross-guild group.

Failtards? really? I complain not at the fact that these things are hard so much as they are too hard for the majority of the player base, I play 6+ hours a day, I have no life, I'm the definition of hardcore, I know how to play my toons, in whatever role they're in. However, most people have lives, and cannot dedicate the same time that others do to this game, now does that mean they are automatically less skilled than hardcore? not necessarily. What it does imply though is that as they don't dedicate much time per day/week to playing they don't want to wait an hour in a queue just to fail or sit in a heroic for 2+ hours, so they don't queue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just kinda hit me in a tragically comic way, but...

If you were at work doing whatever it is you do and the floor beneath you caught on fire or you saw a giant monster running towards you, wouldn't you move? So why wouldn't you move your character in a game when it happens there? I mean it really is just sheer laziness that is making the game harder for people. If you're too casual and you don't play 12831092 hours a day and that's your excuse for not knowing how to make a focus macro for CC, why can't you just target your CC target every few casts and recast your CC if it only has a few seconds left on CC? Why can't you set your pet to passive and just hit Ctrl+1 to send it to the DPS target?

These are such simple things that are so -basic- that it baffles me every time I hear "herp a derp i dont play 6 hours a day" come up as an excuse for why Blizzard should just let everyone aoe faceroll through everything again. Why is expecting people to use their brain functions a bad thing?

These people would run out of lives playing Mario Bros. and complain Nintendo put too many holes in the ground because they're too lazy to use the Jump button, and then we'd probably still hear the same "I don't play X amount of Y a day!" excuse.
    Last edited by Kelzam; 2010-12-29 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leialyn View Post
    Hmm Archy kinda sucks.
    It spams your Interface with "information" you don't really need, like which artefacts you can solve, etc... I don't need this on my UI all the time, in a sub menu or popup it might be usefull.
    Just because you don't want that info on your UI doesn't automatically mean the addon sucks. I find it very useful. Plus that information doesn't need to be on your UI all the time. You can click on the minimap button and it'll toggle the information on and off, which is the same thing as the sub menu or popup that you wished it had.

Deleted
    Why do people really get wound up about this.

The difficulty clearly isn't to hard.

The type of people trying heroics is the problem and they are to blame for the heroics.

Lfd is a great tool blizz have provided to help some get grps this doesn't mean that people who don't like it can't ask in trade chat guild chat w/e. People who are really using this as the base argument I wonder how u ever did dungeons before this tool was provided.

Its not down to casual or hardcore either.

The simply fact is that in a normal single player based game let's just take resident evil as an example an u put it on it's hardest setting you will die and die until you get use to it. By virtue you are on your own you have to reduce the difficulty setting.

Unfortunately in this mmorpg people are too pig ignorant to blame at their level because they are impatient.

This is down to a million reasons, failure to cc, failure to interrupt, faure to attack tank target, failure to move out of mechanics, people refusing to gem or enchant, people reusing to research there characters best stats / talents ... I could go on all day.

Fact remains is the people are to blame for this issue, there is nothing to fix - people just need to not be ignorant and selfish and expect to be either a) carried through, b) told the tactics for every dam pull c) if u can't stay out of mechanics you are playing the wrong game.

People need to take account for their own issues and quit the cryin while the ret of us enjoy the game that has returned back to some of the reasons we started playing this to begin with.