Thread: One Wipe Rule

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

One Wipe Rule

I scoffed at people who instituted one wipe rules during LK because you could essentially complete any heroic with any random bunch of scrubs the LFD tool assembled. This is not so anymore. The changes to tanking and healing have made it impossible to carry 1 let alone 2 or 3 bad players. Cataclysm has been out for 3 weeks. If you don't know the dungeons by now, you probably won't ever. So I'm issuing this list of rules all pugs so you know what you'll be getting in the future.

1. One wipe rule. I simply refuse to try and carry you anymore. You don't pull your weight and the group wipes because of it. I'm out and in another group in 2 seconds flat. No exceptions.

2. Boss Strategies. If you haven't completed every heroic yet, you should definitely invest in some research on the boss fights for each heroic you will be running. I don't have time to explain your role in each and every boss fight. If you don't know your role in a fight, you should find out what it is in advance and should not be queueing for that dungeon otherwise.

3. Trash. I'm geared enough as a tank now that I'm fairly capable to AoE tank roughly any pull in heroics even with a slightly undergeared healer. You don't like this? Too bad. I'll likely be chain pulling too so I suggest you take your mana break when the healer takes there's. If they have mana and you don't, I'm pulling with or without you.

4. Crowd Control. When running with a geared tank, you will rarely need crowd control as the tank can absorb the majority of damage put out by 5 and even 6 mob pulls, but in the unlikely event that some sort of CC is advised for a pull the CC target will be marked with a diamond, a circle, or a moon. If you have any CC available, I suggest you use on said target lest you cause a wipe and be returned to Rule #1.

5. DPS. If you're continually dying on every other pull or even every boss fight, do not expect me to stick around too long. If you consistently prove to me that you fail and are likely to cause a full party wipe in the future, it's likely that you don't deserve to have me carry you and I may potentially leave for no reason at all other than you're not pulling your own weight.

Research boss strats. Understand trash pull mechanics. Assist off of me. CC what is marked for CC and don't break CC. Know your class and your role in the group.

That is all.

You forgot to tell us how skull IS and is completely, and invariably, the primary target of all optimal dps, so use said abilites to dps said skull
    /backpedal more plz

Deleted
    Or you could try tanking better, if one person is generally failing at heroics or dungeons and blaming everyone else, usually its them.

You're one of the bad guys with bad attutide who think you can rule the world and blame everyone else. I don't like tanks like you. The most smooth and best tanks I've had are those who WANTS CC, wait for Mana, Don't chain pull. Those runs usually go fastest (untill we all have epic gear ofc).

Please, stop go in random groups.. Do guildruns with your lack of attitude..

And you know, a group "in progress" are #1 prio to get a new better tank then you So we have less waiting time then you do for a new member.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    List of rules?Who are you to post a list of rules?Just a tank like every other tank,and yet you seem to be some kind of a leader.Amrighte?

PUT OUT THE FIRE, ITS HOT IN HERE ALREADY.
    but ya we are all right
    ^^^ fuckin wotlk tank who evolved into a decent geared cata-tank, lawl

Lol at you because everyone has to be at your pace...

Imagine you were just dinging 85 or only ding in a couple a weeks from now, after some normals you go for your first heroic and in your group there's a player with your mentality...

Yes you are being kinda of a douche.

1.If someone does not know the strats teach him and try again.
    2.If someone does not know the strats teach him.
    3.There are 5 players in dungeon you are 20% of the group. Quit the tank=god mentality and be social in a social game please. Wich leads to "Yes you are being kinda of a douche."
    4.See all of the above.
    5.No problem with you leaving its your game and you don't have to stick around but please sot the tank=god mentality and again "Yes you are being kinda of a douche."
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Intention: 10/10
    Execution: 0/10
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

Deleted
    You sound pretty arrogant, I'd hate to be partied with you, tank god for VTK.

If people are dying its not their fault its yours, it falls to tank and healer,

and why are you AoE tanking if there is CC involved.

I personally dont mind explaining boss tacs, but then again I'm not a douche.

Lol, why dont you solo heroics if everything and everyone is annoying to you.

When running with a geared tank, you will rarely need crowd control....

So lets say ur the only one with said "gear", DPS is too slow and healer is running out of mana....geared or not, you die. Still no CC?
    I'm sorry i forgot ur super-awesome-tanky-guy!

You could be just as good without the attitude. A truly talented and intelligent person uses his/her gifts and powers to make those around themselves better and feel good at the same time.

Trust me, try being a positive friendly person and assume the best of people and you will be a happier person overall.

There are 10,000 more tanks, just because you get instant queues dose not make you so special. pity you cant have all remaning people in a instance vote to give you a 1hour deserter debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    you don't deserve to have me carry you
    Cause that dungeon is YOUR dungeon right? And YOU are leading 4 scrubs through so YOU can get green, blue purples, right?

Blizzard really should make 1 man dungeons for this guy. He clearly don't understand the concept of dungeons.

Just a reminder, keep it civil!

The OP has an aggressive tone and an elitist attitude. But nevertheless he states his point of view, borderline acceptable, but still acceptable. Don't turn this into a flamefest!

Discuss what he said, don't flame his attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    You could be just as good without the attitude. A truly talented and intelligent person uses his/her gifts and powers to make those around themselves better and feel good at the same time.

Trust me, try being a positive friendly person and assume the best of people and you will be a happier person overall.
    /signed for truth

All your comments have been read and dually noted. I just don't feel like I should have to spend 2-3 hours per heroic wiping because one or two asshats are undergeared, don't know how to play their class, or need me to explain every boss strat to them. Those things should be done beforehand.

---------- Post added 2010-12-29 at 11:31 AM ----------

And I never even mark skull. BIND A GODDAMN ASSIST KEY. CHRIST. lol

Deleted
    You sound like you are angry.. there are dozens of posts about your points. If group wipes, you can leave, people can continue without YOU as tank, they'll get another one.

I like to see bosses in action and personally I won't waste my time to read about those heroic bosses, DG can also tell tacts faster than I can read.

Agree with 3. point, DPS should take their mana/hp up when there are small break between adds, but well, everything isn't about you.

Agree with fourth point also, but for fifth, as I said above, feel free to tell tactics if you doubt that someone won't know those. As fast as reading from wowwiki etc.

I will add sixth point: 6. I hope I won't ever get to same LFD-group than you, you really should start to calm down. Oh and two words: Guild runs.

Btw, with my sixth point, I don't care if you're calling us scrubs or something if we wipe, I just probably laugh at you when you're raging. Though that would cause you to leave party but maybe we'll get more patient and helpful tank next time.

P.S. I don't know which realm you're playing so I've probably seen you or not. After all, I've seen all kind of people in PuGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man.

1. You seem to think that wiping is a bad thing? Believe me or not, but wiping even in heroics is called normal and very common especially in this early state of the expansion.
    Wiping is learning, and if you really are saying that you learn tactics straight from a video, please get yourself into the top guilds since they tend to wipe aswell while progressing.

2. That's super friendly of you, thanks mate. Can I ask you about anything else or are question restricted only to the bosses?

3. Haha, i've seen alot of tanks like you, they come in, rush the pack, die and leave Did you know that many of the mobs do an AoE ability and even if you can eat all that damage, DPS propably can't or the healer can't keep up. Is it so hard to keep your hands off the marked, CC'd target?

4. It's also abit absurd to think that the DPS and healers know what CC to use to which one without any communication as there are no such marks as "Sheep", "Sap" or "Repentance".
    If your group (That includes you aswell) want a working CC's, inform eachother what mark you are going to CC. Also, it's not too much trouble to see if the mage is 100 yards behind before you charge into the group and whine because "No cc ffs"

5. If I see casters shooting 20k bolts at the healer while you got your hands full on handling your 5-6 targets, oh yes i'm going to charge that mob and take the damage myself. It's still possible to finish the pack without one DPS (And I can tank a mob quite long without healing) but it's very doubtful to finish it without a healer.
    I've seen tunnelvisioned tanks who are so concentrated to keep the mobs on them that they don't see loosen mobs at all, or the chat. So first, before you start acting like the owner of the whole game, take a look in the mirror and ask yourself "Is there anything I can do to make this smooth?". Mostly there is.

And btw, this also goes the other way, If you start pulling like an idiot (Which most tanks do), I'll kick you myself and tank the rest.
    That's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

It's not raging. It's simply me optimizing my time for maximal Justice Point gain because I don't feel like carrying people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanks with exactly this mentality are why I geared up as a tank.
    Miraculously, using my defensive cooldowns, marking multiple trash mobs for CC, and actually explaining things to people rather than them die to something they weren't aware of has sped up my heroic runs tremendously.

Besides, no one wants to run with someone with such a bad attitude. If you don't have the time for the most theoretically bad, undergeared, poorly skilled, and simply moronic random dungeon party you can envision, it might not be the best idea to queue up for a random in the first place; instead, run with friends or guildies who prefer the Wrath style of ready-or-not tanking.