Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    We had the same problem for awhile. Then we decided to Activate Storm, and the whelps. We focused down the whelps and then nuked Storm, then spanked the boss. We tried Storm then the whelps, but by the time storm was down the whelps would kill the tank. Once we switched it to killing the whelps first, it was a one shot. We left slate alone.
    Me(feral druid dps) and the rogue staid on Halfus the entire fight for interrupts. Hopefully this helps and gl in your attempts.

Our raid make up was

Tanks
    Warrior
    Paladin

DPS
    Surv Hunter
    Lock
    Spriest
    Me(feral druid)
    rogue

Healers
    Holy Priest
    Disc Priest
    Holy Paladin

---------- Post added 2010-12-30 at 07:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hakai View Post
    Yeah, and if one interrupt messed up, we wiped usually. Is it normal for him to always cast one Shadow Nova off the bat, before the drake is up.
    Yes, have someone there to interrupt if possible if not, this shouldn't be too big of deal and can be healed through. Our biggest problems in our raid was after we were stunned, he would get off the Shadow Nova immediately followed, me and the rogue couldn't interrupt it for some reason, it kept saying we were stunned. After the first time though, I think the rogue CoS out of it and interrupted the next time he stunned us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    And, on a more hostile sidenote that I can't put in a news post. Seriously, who the fuck takes mmowned as a reliable source to the point where news sites will just repost it without any double check? Now I'm sad, or mad, or both. I don't know. >
    Thanks Boub for this epic sig! lol.

Release Storm and kill it with ranged, while your melee are on Halfus interrupting shadow nova (an interrupt rotation would be a good idea).

Once Storm is dead, release the whelps and AoE them down, all the while your melee are still on and interrupting halfus.

Do not touch Slate dragon and make sure your tanks are taunting off each other once they reach around 8 or so stacks of the healing debuff.
    Also make sure the tanks debuffs are cleared before they taunt off from one another.

After Storm and Whelps are dead Bloodlust and nuke Halfus before he enrages, at this point it's pretty much a tank and spank as long as your tanks continue to taunt off each other and the interrupt rotation continues.

Make sure your raid is closed to topped off for his chain stuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Painne View Post
    Release Storm and kill it with ranged, while your melee are on Halfus interrupting shadow nova (an interrupt rotation would be a good idea).

Once Storm is dead, release the whelps and AoE them down, all the while your melee are still on and interrupting halfus.

Do not touch Slate dragon and make sure your tanks are taunting off each other once they reach around 8 or so stacks of the healing debuff.
    Also make sure the tanks debuffs are cleared before they taunt off from one another.

After Storm and Whelps are dead Bloodlust and nuke Halfus before he enrages, at this point it's pretty much a tank and spank as long as your tanks continue to taunt off each other and the interrupt rotation continues.

Make sure your raid is closed to topped off for his chain stuns.
    I guess healers just have to heal through the proto damage? Thought whelps helped it. We really need to get more healers, two druids, and one shaman lol. We got two Holy Pallies today, hopefully we do better next time. I envy guilds with disc priests for this fight >.>

No idea why someone's talking about CC on Wyrmbreaker when you really can't CC anything... Anywho. My raid stacks up just close enough so we can AoE heal everyone but far enough that we don't get AoE'd by the fireball. For the drake order, we actually got your setup the first time we did Bastion. Started by releasing both the Storm rider and the whelps. Pally tank on Halfus with the prot warrior on the whelps and the Storm. CD's were pretty much used at the beginning b/c it's the most healing intensive part of the fight. Our ele shammy (me) was on interrupts the whole fight (focus shock) but with your comp, it looks like you should keep the rogue on Halfus the whole time interrupting seeing as he's got the most reliable interrupts. Also, once you reach around 50%ish he'll be using Furious Roar which stuns 3 different times. the first 2 are really short and the last one you'll want your mage to Blink it and use counterspell when he casts Shadow Nova right after it. (My raid setup had no mages so we just had 2 humans use racial and interrupt and me wear a pvp trinket)
    New and shiny compppppp!

Quote Originally Posted by hakai View Post
    I guess healers just have to heal through the proto damage? Thought whelps helped it. We really need to get more healers, two druids, and one shaman lol. We got two Holy Pallies today, hopefully we do better next time. I envy guilds with disc priests for this fight >.>
    I mean I guess you could release the whelps at the same time as well. My guild had no trouble with this fight and releasing the whelps after the first drake was dead. I would try both ways and see what works best for you guys.

On our first kill we actually had 2 resto druids and 1 resto shaman, the drakes were also slate and nether I believe.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Release whelps + storm right away and keep 2 forms of interrupts on Halfus, with 1 person for backup, just in case. If you need to, pop every cd you possibly can (yes, even heroism) and kill the whelps asap. Once they die, focus down the Stormrider and taunt off each other on Halfus or as others have said, bop one of the tanks to remove stacks quickly. Slate helps a lot with managing stacks, but is not needed if dps is competent.

Word of advice

Word of advice. Dont even pull the slate dragon. If you pull the boss and the storm rider and have your rouge interupt the shadow novas. Pop hero and all cd's to burn the storm rider and have the tanks switch at 8 stacks of the buff, you shouldn't have to much trouble. Then after the dragon is dead pull the whelps and start in on the boss. The fight is easy after both are down. Tank communication is crucial at this point.

Hope you get it down.

Good luck.

dont do it , it'll hurt. O,o

Hmm..we're having the same exact problem. Downed Magmaw in a pug after 2hrs or so..so I decided to try Halfus with some buddies.

We had Storm/Slate/Whelps combination, at first we tried to do slate/storm at once, failed horribly. So we tried to just do Storm..but we were basically dying instantly from AoE dmg. I'm a Mage so I can't really criticize healers, but is this a healer probem or are we doing something wrong?