• Mac and I play US.

42 12.57%
  • PC and I play US.

129 38.62%

Thread: Mac or PC.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Mac/EU and PC/EU - I play more on a Mac so.. chose that.

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyLee View Post
    Also, people that say they prefer a PC, they just say it. Where as people who prefer Macs, have to try and "show off" and tell what they have thinking it's amazing. Please, I can pay less that half, and get at least the same amount of power/resource, usually more... With a PC of cause.
    Yet every single mac user in this thread has simply stated they play on a Mac. The only people trying to justify their choices in this thread have been PC users. Strange

they both use x86 architecture it doesnt matter, you just pay more for 1 and get a dif OS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    they both use x86 architecture it doesnt matter, you just pay more for 1 and get a dif OS
    This is not correct... while Mac uses the same core components as the PC, Apple actually gets to build the complete system. A standard PC is a combination of parts by different vendors, a Mac is completely built by a single company (mainboard, cooling system, casing, PSU, battery is all Apple-made). This generally allows Macs to have much smaller form factor, higher energy efficiency then comparable PC. So overall, its a completely different approach to building computers. Apple has the "all-in-one" approach while PCs use a modular approach. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Don't know about any of you mac owners but I'm more of a fan of actually getting what I pay for, not just for a pretty mac logo that flashed and shit house specs.

I'm a PC player if you haven't worked out.

---------- Post added 2010-12-30 at 06:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyLee View Post
    PC all the way.

I'm not one for paying an extra £1000 for a Mac, that is lower specced, more locked-down, made with cheaper parts, and 'un'upgradable.

Also, people that say they prefer a PC, they just say it. Where as people who prefer Macs, have to try and "show off" and tell what they have thinking it's amazing. Please, I can pay less that half, and get at least the same amount of power/resource, usually more... With a PC of cause.

Anyways, cut short... PC
    You sir/ma'am are amazing! I have a friend who is exactly like this. He always tries to get me to by mac cause it's quote "So awesome and looks amazing" but never talks about the specs or price =P

10+ Year Old Account
    I always build my own comp and macs don't allow that.

Windows 7 Desktop + Macbook Pro laptop. But I guess I'm PC when it comes to WoW, I hate playing on a laptop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Us pc forever and always.

Deleted
    EU-PC reporting in

Thank god Macs will never get a significant market share and real operating systems will continue to shine in their full glory while OS X is reserved for the hipsters at Starbucks. Macs being an actual competitor in the operating system wars would be the death to gaming and path to slavery instead of freedom.

Steve Ballmer said in a recent interview ( http://www.osnews.com/story/21035/Ba...tor_than_Apple ) that Linux is actually a bigger threat to Windows since it already conquered the server market and continues to grow on desktops. Linux is starting to get more user-friendly while still actually being useful.

Now my question to the Mac users ITT is: How do you justify paying more for less?

Because in my opinion there is none. There is no reason to choose OS X over Windows or a GNU/Linux distribution. Everything OS X can do, Windows or a GNU/Linux distro can do better. The thousands of things Windows or GNU/Linux distributions can do, macs can't.

I also have a huge problem with Apple's business philosophy. It basically goes like this:

1. Buy cheap, outdated and inferior FOXCONN hardware from Chinese sweatshops
    2. Put in shiny aluminum case
    3. Apply stunted UNIX OS that barely has 5% market share, is incompatible with 95% of today's software, runs 2003's graphics drivers, lacks the most simple of tasks and can't do any real work (also you have to count in 50% less FPS in any game that is ported for mac)
    4. Sell for 200% of actual price
    5. Lie to and manipulate people who don't know much about technology into thinking that it's superior
    6. Frequently use words like "magic", "revolutionary" and "beautiful"
    7. ???
    8. Profit!

PCs for people with common sense:

1. Order each component cheap from reputable websites
    2. Build the computer yourself so it matches all your wishes and desires
    3. Have computer 3 times better than prebuilt Apple crap and it's still cheaper
    3. Apply Windows or a GNU/Linux distribution
    4. Enjoy life with the peak of human home-technology, play games, enjoy software, configure everything to your needs, tweak your hard- & software and most importantly - seize the freedom
    5. ???
    6. Profit!

I hope I won't get hit by the banhammer for expressing my opinion without insulting anyone or using curse words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have any of you ever tried using a Mac? It's just impossible to understand anything. I go with PC, because I'm American.
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who

If you have the experience (or want to learn) building your own PC is always the best choice. Mac's are good machines, but they are overpriced. Selecting your own components can save you a ton of money, so I recommend it. You can get some sick items which will beat the crap out of every Mac on the market, for a cheaper price.

15+ Year Old Account
    I will never own a Mac, but I do wish P companies would take after their design style.

Mac's do, however, have some of the most amazing screen's of any computers out there right now though. My brother is a Mac person and just bought one of the 27" screens and god damn, it's nice.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Eu pc here

No Mac shinies for me ... Just the iphone ... And ofc i had to spend time jailbreaking it otherwise it would have been stuck and locked as mr Mac wants it to stay

Will never buy a mac, money wasted ^^
    Last edited by KeatsIT; 2010-12-31 at 12:42 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worchild View Post
    PC + US

A friend and I went into business building PC's so it makes sense for me to build + use my own system.

How well does WoW run on Mac? I used to hear of people having trouble with it. (BC era)
    I've been using a mac since a few months into wotlk, I've never have any problem with it. (poor grammar?)

13" MBP - 2.66 GHz - 4GB memory - 250GB HDD

---------- Post added 2010-12-31 at 01:51 AM ----------

I play on a Mac-EU

Mostly because I only own a MacBook Pro that I got for studying 'cause it has long battery time, not meant for gaming, and other reasons to get a mac above a PC etc. etc., some day I will build my own Tower of Power PC!

10+ Year Old Account
    been on a PC since Windows 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by g3xter View Post
    EU-PC reporting in

Thank god Macs will never get a significant market share and real operating systems will continue to shine in their full glory while OS X is reserved for the hipsters at Starbucks. Macs being an actual competitor in the operating system wars would be the death to gaming and path to slavery instead of freedom.

Steve Ballmer said in a recent interview ( http://www.osnews.com/story/21035/Ba...tor_than_Apple ) that Linux is actually a bigger threat to Windows since it already conquered the server market and continues to grow on desktops. Linux is starting to get more user-friendly while still actually being useful.

Now my question to the Mac users ITT is: How do you justify paying more for less?

Because in my opinion there is none. There is no reason to choose OS X over Windows or a GNU/Linux distribution. Everything OS X can do, Windows or a GNU/Linux distro can do better. The thousands of things Windows or GNU/Linux distributions can do, macs can't.

I also have a huge problem with Apple's business philosophy. It basically goes like this:

1. Buy cheap, outdated and inferior FOXCONN hardware from Chinese sweatshops
    2. Put in shiny aluminum case
    3. Apply stunted UNIX OS that barely has 5% market share, is incompatible with 95% of today's software, runs 2003's graphics drivers, lacks the most simple of tasks and can't do any real work (also you have to count in 50% less FPS in any game that is ported for mac)
    4. Sell for 200% of actual price
    5. Lie to and manipulate people who don't know much about technology into thinking that it's superior
    6. Frequently use words like "magic", "revolutionary" and "beautiful"
    7. ???
    8. Profit!

PCs for people with common sense:

1. Order each component cheap from reputable websites
    2. Build the computer yourself so it matches all your wishes and desires
    3. Have computer 3 times better than prebuilt Apple crap and it's still cheaper
    3. Apply Windows or a GNU/Linux distribution
    4. Enjoy life with the peak of human home-technology, play games, enjoy software, configure everything to your needs, tweak your hard- & software and most importantly - seize the freedom
    5. ???
    6. Profit!

I hope I won't get hit by the banhammer for expressing my opinion without insulting anyone or using curse words.
    Tell me how to make any other system do the following:

1. Run Logic.
    2. Handle aggregate audio devices.
    3. Allow me near-universal external audio device compatibility.

I'd also like something with as stable and low-resource-intensive an audio infrastructure as Core Audio is.

Oh wait, I can't do any of those things in any of the other systems you talked about. Get over yourself. Not everybody is you, and not everybody has the same needs or wants you do. I'm not going to switch to an interface I don't like, handicap my hardware availability, and give myself a headache, just because you don't like Apple.

Anybody intelligent enough to understand system specs or do basic math will choose PC.

Anybody unskilled enough to fall for obvious marketing hype will buy a Mac, and then scream real loud about how they have a "superior" machine.

I never did understand why. It's like they think yelling loudly about it will somehow make their wasted dollars worth something.

PC-US here.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

I prefer pc for gaming (US) but I have a mac laptop that I sometimes play Starcraft on if my family has to borrow my pc for something since im the only one with microsoft office installed. It's fine but I just prefer windows 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

I will refuse to buy an appl eproduct because of Steve Jobs. He's a slimy motherfucker who cut all philanthropic programs from Apple and has yet to implement a single, solid program like Bill Gates has. Oh, and none of the store representatives he has selling his stuff know anything about the products. I asked the question, "why does a 3000 dollar macbook pro advertised for video entertainment and multitasking only use a dualcore i7?"

Answer:

"Oh, well it's fast so that's all you really need to worry about".

Are you kidding me?

I give Mac credit where due. Certain devices have their niche. The graphic/sound side of the house mac is solid.

I play games. I use a PC so I can play games made by people besides Blizzard. I build my own PC. My desktop+32in 1080p hdtv to use as display cost less than a weaker mac.

Mac shoots for a different section of computer users, and their market share reflects the size of that group.

Beyond that, frankly, there's no point in even trying to discuss the merits, its worse flamebait than religion.