42 12.57%
  • PC and I play US.

129 38.62%

Thread: Mac or PC.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by g3xter View Post
    Oh boy, here we go

It's telling that you couldn't answer a single one of my questions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    It's telling that you couldn't answer a single one of my questions.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subjectivity

"Subjectivity may refer to the specific discerning interpretations of any aspect of experiences. They are unique to the person experiencing them, the qualia that are only available to that person's consciousness"

Here's something you need to learn; your subjective opinion about something is not an absolute truth to anyone but yourself.

Some of us like Macs, some of us don't like Macs. At the end of the day, big effin' deal - use what you like but at least have the courtesy of allowing those that do not agree with you to use what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Gottalot View Post
    Once you go mac you wish you can go back
    fixed.

Built my own PC for $700 that will outperform a $3000 MAC any day of the week. The best thing is, anyone can do it. The most scary thing about building a PC when you are researching, is all the wires, but once you get hands on with it, its real easy. You can find where most things go by simply just looking at the motherboard. Only a few things like the case wires require looking at the motherboard manual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I will refuse to buy an appl eproduct because of Steve Jobs. He's a slimy motherfucker who cut all philanthropic programs from Apple and has yet to implement a single, solid program like Bill Gates has. Oh, and none of the store representatives he has selling his stuff know anything about the products. I asked the question, "why does a 3000 dollar macbook pro advertised for video entertainment and multitasking only use a dualcore i7?"?

A moderator bashing Apple products? MMO-Champion moderation confirmed for bro-tier.

He's a slimy motherfucker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bachok View Post
    I prognose that this vote will overestimate the actual mac share

P.S. I'm on a mac, of course. 27" IPS iMac display is the best thing to enjoy WoW on.
    My Gateway XHD 3000 and 480's disagree with your statement.....2560x1600 resi

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subjectivity

"Subjectivity may refer to the specific discerning interpretations of any aspect of experiences. They are unique to the person experiencing them, the qualia that are only available to that person's consciousness"

Here's something you need to learn; your subjective opinion about something is not an absolute truth to anyone but yourself.

Some of us like Macs, some of us don't like Macs. At the end of the day, big effin' deal - use what you like but at least have the courtesy of allowing those that do not agree with you to use what they want.
    I don't think you read the post I was talking about, because that's almost exactly what I said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I don't think you read the post I was talking about, because that's almost exactly what I said.
    Well in that case, I retract it. Anyway, it's a good reminder for everyone.

Deleted
    Macbook pro 13". I like it. But I also have a PC which sometimes doesn't run as well as the macbook. I like both. I enjoy using both in different aspects of my life. (I use the macbook for travelling and ease of use when I'm recording) and the PC naturally is for the gaming and general awesomeness of using a PC.

the Mac OS is an amazing experience and VERY easy to use. But PCs are more customizable and easily upgradeable. Both have pros and cons. So no arguing please =P

Deleted
    Both. I'm from portugal (EU).

OMG PC all the way, i enjoy buyin parts for my pc and upgrading my video cards every couple of years lol. Macs make great paperweights

---------- Post added 2010-12-31 at 12:27 PM ----------

oh, US BTW

PC - EU

And Terito (page 3), yes Apple is really that more expensive. I took a little time to pick a random mac and look at a similiar dell system and a self-made pc:
    The apple had an i7 870, 4gb ram, 1TB hdd, HD5750 and a 27" screen, for 2.179 euro's (link)
    It took some time to find a dell system that gets close to this one, from its daughter Alienware you can get it for 2.029 euro's (link) (Its a bit better, more ram, better graphicscard but a bit less on processor)
    Selfmade i can replicate the mac for 982.52(!) including 27" monitor. (link)

So ye, dell is almost as expensive as apple, but dell is overpricing you just like apple does.

Build your own pc, thats the way to go
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    Psshhh. Like I would actually bother reading a thread.

PC - US

Apple makes great computers and a great OS. The problem is that they are waaaay too proud of them judging by the price.

If the price was equal, I'd have a desktop PC (that dual boots Ubuntu) and a MacBook Pro. But they're not.

Desktop PC because I like to upgrade from time to time. I also know Windows like the back of my hand, and know that it'll run basically anything out there as pretty as possible.

MacBook Pro because the aluminum body is very sexy, I love their power cords, and I don't upgrade laptops very often. Macs are good for productivity and ease-of-use (once you figure them out), which is what I want in a laptop.

I use a Mac primarily but also agree that a PC is the way to go for gaming. PC's are amazing that you can upgrade what you want when you want without buying another CPU altogether.

For my family stuff like Pictures, Music, Videos, I tend to go with an iMac. But Gaming, its PC all the way. I love both for different reasons. Just my opinion on the topic.

It really depends on what you want to do with your Machine that dictates what you buy.

I am The Scourge - Play Free Online Games

And again, a thread full of Mac haters spreading bunch of FUD. Me and my whole university department are using Macs because Apple is the only company which offers cheap, stable, small, energy-efficient Unix workstation with very good UI and plenty of excellent software to use. And please don't come with Linux, its unusable outside of simple office or surfing environment (this is coming from a guy who used linux for about five years). Linux is the way to go for servers, no questions asked here. And to everyone who complains that Apple stuff is too expensive - just compare the prices of similar PC desktop all-in-one (for iMac) or server-tech (for Mac Pro) offerings. And tbh, I'd rather spend 2000$ on a laptop that weights 2.4 kg, has decent screen resolution, good build quality and 10 hours battery time (not counting in a superb Unix-OS with open-source kernel) then pay 1200$ for a 4kg plastic brick with similar hardware. I'm on a move a lot and the reduced weight of apple laptops really pays off.
    This quote more or less state my opinion - that Macs are superior only in true niche markets like some departments at some universities or some audio applications.

Anyways I voted PC US but I'd change to a linux distro if I could. Nothing good can come out of this page long term by the way, PC vs. Mac holy wars tend to be even worse than Xbox vs. PS3 because there actually is a significant difference.

And again, a thread full of Mac haters spreading bunch of FUD. Me and my whole university department are using Macs because Apple is the only company which offers cheap, stable, small, energy-efficient Unix workstation with very good UI and plenty of excellent software to use. And please don't come with Linux, its unusable outside of simple office or surfing environment (this is coming from a guy who used linux for about five years). Linux is the way to go for servers, no questions asked here. And to everyone who complains that Apple stuff is too expensive - just compare the prices of similar PC desktop all-in-one (for iMac) or server-tech (for Mac Pro) offerings. And tbh, I'd rather spend 2000$ on a laptop that weights 2.4 kg, has decent screen resolution, good build quality and 10 hours battery time (not counting in a superb Unix-OS with open-source kernel) then pay 1200$ for a 4kg plastic brick with similar hardware. I'm on a move a lot and the reduced weight of apple laptops really pays off.
    It's not FUD by any stretch of the imagination. The last cheap(ish) Mac was the Mac mini and Apple managed to hike the price up on that while maintaining last generation hardware. The stability argument hasn't been valid since XP service pack 2, and is only really of much relevance to servers or pro users. There are various small form factor PCs that don't charge an arm and a leg for a shiny case or upgrades. Energy efficiency may seem like an advantage of a Mac until you see the difference is so small it's 50p a year. In any case, more energy is used in manufacturing that Mac (or PC) than will be used by it in it's lifetime. This makes a PC more energy efficient because the parts are easier to replace, whereas on a Mac they tend to be all in ones. If your Mac breaks you get a whole new Mac. On a PC you replace a part.

You accuse Mac haters of FUD then spread some of your own. 4kg wouldn't be equivalent hardware to a Mac it would be almost certainly be better, or a lot less than the $1200 you quote. Battery life I will give you, but at the expense of a user replaceable battery. If your battery starts giving you a hard time you pay a small fortune to replace it.

Bear in mind also that Apple's American prices tend to be a little lower than worldwide.
    PvP is for those of lower intellect. Only someone with a low IQ would look at class imbalances, gear issues, racials, RNG, level advantages and number advantages and then claim that it was their skill was the main deciding factor in a battle. That's if they win. If they lose, the above will all of a sudden become relevant to them.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, i've just read the first 2 pages of this thread.
    Everyone who is hating are pc users against a mac.
    Mac's weren't built with gaming in mind, and it's true that pc's play games alot better, and have a wider choice of games to choose from.
    I have a PC desktop and a Macbook Pro for when i'm on the go and for work purposes.
    I've always been using pc's since recently i had to get a system with OS X on.
    I'll always prefer playing wow on my pc as i can buy cheaper components and get more fps for less money.
    What you don't realise that people who buy macs normally don't go for them for max fps on wow.
    I can say that my macbook pro was worth it's weight in gold. OS X is an awesome OS and i'd much rather use it for general taks (eg. surf the web, music.)
    My Macbook is very reliable and will consistently be fast, where as my recently built pc has got slower over time and will continue to.
    Just stop the flame wars guys, people with mac's don't buy them for playing WoW and having beefy specs.
    Both systems have different markets in mind.
    And i'm sure my Mac will last alot longer then my PC will

PS. I love my pc too .
    Last edited by Postkrieg; 2010-12-31 at 06:15 PM.

Mystic! Spinebreaker EU

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Why are you a moderator? That's the first question that pops to my mind.
    Moderators are allowed to have opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gottalot View Post
    Once you go mac you never go back... [EU]
    US

My WoW playing has been PC>Mac>PC, so I think your wrong.

Had a PC, was curious what Mac was like and a friend was selling one cheap that was better than my PC. Then my Mac was having a ton of issues with WoW (screen tears, wouldn't let me alt tab out to vent-found it easier to run vent on my PC and WoW on Mac), decided to upgrade PC so got new parts, ended up just making a whole new machine in the end that I use now. Dual screen quad core awesomeness.

As for monitors, if I wanted to I could hook up my 42" 1080p HDTV... but I use a 22"ish for WoW and 19"ish for surfing/vent while on WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    pc us
    had a mac, and hated it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.