Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    The Tsunami trinket for a druid, is it any good? Find myself throwing out alot of hots in raids. Does the trinket proc of hots? Or is it only direct heals?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrelliana View Post
    The mandala is a regen trinket with a throughput proc. So strictly you are looking at the 321 spirit vs. the other trinkets. Overall the mastery is going to be less throughput than a straight int trinket as once again you are dealing with a proc. Mastery is much better for holy than disc atm so for holy you will see a boost to the echo of light as disc your shields will absorb more if you are casting them or critting. For discipline this trinket would be a no go in my book since they get less from spirit than holy does due to holy concentration.

For holy with the spirit buff it is definately an option but there are better choices out there. Procs for healing are just not great imo as you can't line them up with heavy damage phases or heroism etc. Vs. a dmc:tsunami... the mandala has 79 less spirit and you are trading 321 intellect for 1926 mastery on a proc? I think anyone would take the intellect.
    I would like to add for a througphut proc, the current healing environment has a lot of healing luls, if it procs during one of those sessions you can pretty much waste the proc, whereas no matter when you proc spirit, you can save that mana.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    The Tsunami trinket for a druid, is it any good? Find myself throwing out alot of hots in raids. Does the trinket proc of hots? Or is it only direct heals?
    Many people on various forums are saying it is only direct heals. Not sure if this is a bug or not but we will have to wait till jan 2 when more people get cards to reach a conclusion on it.

Again, I am a strong proponent of two int trinkets with spirit procs. Spirit trinkets may seem nice but the lost of intellect and therefore SP, mana pool, some regen and crit rating lol; is just not worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Sadly the trinket only Procs with Regrowth,Healing touch,Nourish,Swiftmend and Tranq.

For some silly reason it does not proc if you cast Rejuvenation,Wild growth or lifebloom.

I know I am totally not helpful or useful in any way..... but I am so excited about getting my card I just wanted to share that with my loving Priest friends!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ainra View Post
    I know I am totally not helpful or useful in any way..... but I am so excited about getting my card I just wanted to share that with my loving Priest friends!
    Hehe, I know what you mean, I got mine a couple of hours ago .
    Basically it's a 321int and 400 spirit trinket. It seems to proc off every direct healing spell, and you can get all 5 stacks with 1 PoH or CoH. Knowing my current luck with trinkets, it is not a bad choice at all.

It has a 7-10 second ICD though, so 1 CoH/PoH doesn't proc it to full.

I was playing with mine last night, and it seems to be a very close to 100% proc chance, but it has a small ICD so you can't just spam real quick to start it.

Keeping it up though is easy, i let the 5 stacks get down to 3 seconds and then started casting heal and i never had it drop off.

And it seems they applied a hot fix, and Vamp Embrace no longer procs it lol

Deleted
    if you cast singletarget heals - yes it looks like there is a really small icd
    but i just tested it again it does give you a full stack on poh and coh.

i think this is in some way going to get patched in the future, because if you compare the dmc and the jar of ancient remedies proccs, they both are the same basic mechanic - dmc proccs only off direct healing and has a somewhat strange icd, while the jar has no icd and proccs of direct heals and hot ticks. if the dmc procc is intended to be less powerfull, the icd is going to get fixed for ae healing spells, if not the jar is propably getting a nerf to its procc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Predictable and reliable mana regen trumps RNG regen anyday. For arguments sake let's say the Cho'gall trinket is better. If it is it's marginal. With the Jar and the DMC:T you have a guaranteed 915 constant spirit versus 515 with a random burst of 1926. You go from knowing nearly 1000 spirit is going to lineup with tide everytime versus hoping it does with the Cho'Gall trinket. Math doesn't always win guys, sorry.
    Last edited by Hybred; 2011-01-02 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

I was playing with mine last night, and it seems to be a very close to 100% proc chance, but it has a small ICD so you can't just spam real quick to start it.

Keeping it up though is easy, i let the 5 stacks get down to 3 seconds and then started casting heal and i never had it drop off.

That isn't true, mine instantly stacks to 5 when I put down HW: Sanctuary

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

Not exactly. It works rather odd though. When I'm idling in Orgrimmar and spamming Heal, it seems to proc off every 2-4 casts, so about 5-10seconds to refresh it and/or gain another stack.

In dungeons however, especially in combat, it's proc chance suddenly goes higher and it procs off every single direct heal, so the claim about an ICD is false, or it's not properly working.

I'm yet to test it out in a raid environment, so I'll see how it works there.

After some raiding, I can add that PoH and CoH also stack it to 5 instantly. So yeah, you can count on it being up 100% as long as you're not idling around.

I recieved the trinket yesterday, and managed to raid some as well. Here is a log http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ub...?s=2404&e=2872

The trinket had 96.3% uptime. Granted I cannot tell if it was at 1 stack or all 5. However Im a holy priest who just happens to be using COH/POH with heal inbetween that entire fight.

Also I did some math, I double checked, if my numbers are wrong please anyone correct it.

Holy priest-
    4016 intellect
    3050 spirit
    combat regen 3938.

Equiped
    Immediate Intellect regen +120 combat

When at 5 stacks, I receive +397 mp5

Replenishment the intellect gives [(321*15) *0.01]/2= 24 mp5

So at full stacks I get 120+397+24= 541 combat regen bonus from this trinket

Tyrande's Favorite Doll gives a 470 regen with the proc and immediate intellect regen. DMC can stack with mana tide, and the regen will only get better with MOTW/Kings intellect scaling. Tyrande's will also scale with the buffs, but no as well with the +400 spirit to back it. Of course as you get better gear DMC will scale better when at full stacks.

So in my gear level, intellect, and spirit levels I get 541 regen from this trinket. Keeping 5 stacks is a trival matter.

This trinket is well worth buying for a holy priest, perhaps many healers shunning this item will make it cheaper. I still paid a pretty penny, but if you have gold spend it. Not like you are saving to buy a house with it.
    Last edited by Bellabel; 2011-01-02 at 06:12 PM.

I just ran HSFK keep and the trinket had 96% upkeep in combat. The trinket only procs off direct healing spells meaning no renews or echos of light. However, it will proc 5 times off of CoH and PoH. By far a very sexy trinket for holy priests.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a solid trinket and I have had it since the first Darkmoon fair last month and love it. Exceptionally solid trinket for a holy priest...for all other healers it is a good trinket also...but for holy it is exceptional.

to calculate replen regen use 0.1875 x your int, i just got this tnk and its very good, the next tnk im going for is the badge one so when i see mana tide i can use the spirit proc for lots of regen
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know's if this one procs out of Antonement healing? Smite + Holy fire healing that is....

Nope. But you do gain Mastery stacks from a Volcanic deck.

And holy thread necro, you could have asked this in the Disc sticky or something :/

Wow yea... thread was created almost a year ago at this point... this gets a close ><