Page 1 of 2
LastLast

arena games lasting till draw time

Has anyone had to problem that the arena games last till the draw time becuz cc and huge hp pools?

As a Spreist/Holy pally team it lasted quite a while against a Pally/DK team, but I (the Spriest) had 0 experience with PvP as a priest (or PvP in generally really since BC), 0 resil/spell pen, and was mostly in heroic healing gear. We won eventually, thanks to Mana Burn... but it def took a while. Also did a game against a Resto Shaman/Lock team that lasted a good bit, but not near as long as the Pally/DK game. I think it was mostly because I oom'ed so fast though.

I would imagine that 3s and 5s would go quicker since there would be more damage going out and the healer would eventually not be able to keep up.

as long as holy paladins stay at their current state at pvp 2v2 arena matches will last till the draw time.
    they need nerf at pvp both in their healing and in their mana regen.dealing on a holy paladin at 2v2 1.7 m dmg just to watching him be at 50% dmg is so cool really.

Should only happen in 2s, a bracket which Blizzard has clearly stated they are not interested in.

On topic, stop bitching about Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorlor View Post
    Should only happen in 2s, a bracket which Blizzard has clearly stated they are not interested in.

Pretty much this. Holy paladins are easily susceptible to CC"s. Learn to play and stop crying.

People are entitled to express their displeasure for something Blizzard put in the game. If Blizzard really doesn't care about 2's, then Blizzard should consider removing it. Otherwise yes, people will and should continue complaining.
    Last edited by Apexeon; 2010-12-30 at 07:37 AM. Reason: correction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apexeon View Post
    People are entitled to express their displeasure for something Blizzard put in the game. If Blizzard really doesn't care about 2's, then Blizzard should consider removing it. Otherwise yes, people will and should continue complaining.
    Keep in mind that complaining to/about Blizzard here is considered non-constructive, as we're not Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

i play hpal/rogue and against any other healer/X (besides priest and feral/X) teams its basically which healer falls asleep first.

Quote Originally Posted by againstme View Post
    Pretty much this. Holy paladins are easily susceptible to CC"s. Learn to play and stop crying.
    Everyone is susceptible to cc's.

Comparatively speaking, however, a cc'ed paladin is worse off than a cc'ed resto druid. But a cc'ed paladin is much better off than a cc'ed priest. Does Radiance obey line of sight?

Deleted
    Nobody forces you to play faceroll comps with no CC yourself. L2CC the holy paladin, it's not hard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Keep in mind that complaining to/about Blizzard here is considered non-constructive, as we're not Blizzard.
    Then you should probably delete a good 50% of the posts on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Apexeon View Post
    Then you should probably delete a good 50% of the posts on the forums.
    You're pretty bold for someone with low post count. Back OT, I've never seen draw games in 3s yet. If the team can coordinate their CCs and do hard switches, sometimes holy pally might not immediately know wtf is up and lose a team member.
    Quote Originally Posted by rofltroll
    You told her no!?! To friends with benefits!?!

Son, I am disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Wotar View Post
    You're pretty bold for someone with low post count. Back OT, I've never seen draw games in 3s yet. If the team can coordinate their CCs and do hard switches, sometimes holy pally might not immediately know wtf is up and lose a team member.
    LOL bold for someone with low post count? Not sure that really matters in reality. Now as far as holy paladins go, They are fairly easy to cc just depending on which class you are. If your in 2's then obviously there will be draws, Blizz doesn't really care much about 2's

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not really. Most games I play usually end within the first 3 minutes. Though there are some exceptions, like HPala+Affli teams.

Running affli/rshaman, yes... the games are quiete long.

Really? I'm doing resto dr00d afflction lock and it's either 2 minute games or 10 minute. Just fear healers to the open cc their deeps tree form with my dots hard switch won it in 2 mins sorted can go home.

haven't had one end in draw by time before but i had a game draw cause we killed each other at same time.

combat log showed his oblit before my cs but here is the result (cause im sure someone wont believe with out a ss)

members.shaw.ca/dpmack/tie.jpg

paladins need nerfs because they can instant heal their full hp and it is almost impossible to go oom no matter how heavy dmg they heal.
    w8 the nerfs to hit feral druids and frost mages,and then ppl will start focusing to the almost immortal healer and they will eventualy get you nerfed.

i play a frost mage and i admit that the spec is op.
    you play a holy paladin stop closing your eyes to the truth and admit that your spec is op.
    or just l2p so you can see it.

Did my first arena as DK last night, since I usually tank I thought I'd give blood spec a try. Me and my roommate (surv hunter) against a disc priest and marksman? hunter. They took my partner out in a couple minutes, and then it was pretty much a stalemate for (i'm guessing) 15 minutes or so, but it seemed like way longer.

I kept getting feared, trapped, snared, scatter shot and my deathgrip was resisted 3/4 of the time, but good old deathstrike/pet sac/LB heal kept me alive for much longer than I expected (1.5m heals or so). Eventually I became careless, stopped LOSing around pillars, had no CDs up and died.

Is there a cut off time when it becomes a draw? I've gotten one or two draws on my rogue, but that was a while ago and can't remember the circumstances, but I think it was a simultaneous kill similar to what bigmackie described.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    That is a lie and you know it! We all know the truth Mr. Stanton...or shuld I say GC /tinfoil hat

Okay OT: I play Lock/druid for 2s my games either last 2 seconds, or they will seem to take for ever. Especially if it is Holypal/insert plate here.