10+ Year Old Account

Not getting into Tol Barad anymore?

So..I queued TWICE exactly as soon as the timer hit 15:00. Yet both times I didn't even get into Tol Barad (but I still got the honor and stuff by standing on the bridge as soon as they captured the last building). I've been doing Tol Barad even before the crazy 1800 honor offensive thing but now I barely get in.

Anyone else going through this?

I really hate to say this, but.. random is random.

The fact that you got in so consistently before is really lucky. I've queued for probably 30+ of the games and only gotten into 5.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I queued for 1 battle yesterday, think it was like 10mins or so before battle and didn´t get in. Quess there is tons of ppl hitting the join button when it comes available, so it´s random luck to get in or not.

Deleted
    We all have this problem i guess, its just ratio based i think.

Faction imbalance?

On my server horde outnumbers alliance vastly. That's bad for leveling. It means instant TB queue's for us alliance though

10+ Year Old Account
    Me and my friend joins at the same time all the time. He gets in, and I dont :'( Evulz!
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

From what I've been told, it's completely random who gets in to prevent bots from being used to queue automatically at 14:59 and get in flawlessly. I'm inclined to believe it's skewed toward people who queue earlier still as I have a much higher rate of getting in if I queue ASAP, but I can't confirm anything.

The queuing system is most definitely random. Countless times have friends queued after me only to receive the invite I never did.

Deleted
    Same boat, missed out twice. I didn't know about the standing on the bridge thing though, I'll try that for next time.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the queue based off whoever queued first?..

On my server most horde get in because we're outnumbered by alliance

i get in every time i queue. There has been one time where i haven't and thats only because it was really late into the game.

I guess thats the benefit of being on a low pop server.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamgood View Post
    Isn't the queue based off whoever queued first?..
    one would think so, but it might just be random, especially when there's a ton of faction imbalance. i think the majority of servers are more populated on the horde side for a number of reasons which blizz never bothered to fix until it was too late and all the alliance with no loyalty had gone horde.

and yeah, i've got into TB twice since launch and i queue whenever i'm just idling or farming and i know it's coming up in 20 mins. as soon as 15 mins hits, i queue.

My realm has both sides just letting the other win, so most the time on the side who is defending people don't show up and it ruins the ratio. However if its the honor you really want you can run in on the bridge when it ends and you will get the 1800

10+ Year Old Account
    Is your server doing 'win-trading' in Tol Barad by any chance? From what I can tell, servers where this happens, the faction who's turn it is to lose just won't queue for it. Leaving the 'winning' faction with only like 10-15 slots for players, causing most of them to not be able to enter.

And yes, it does not matter when you queue. Random number generator is random.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit system is shit.

Been queue'ing for every game for 2 days now, only got in on the defending games which we instant loose

>.<
    01/01/07 since backwards threads reading / "The day EU trolled Blizzard". 22/02/11 Peace out.