Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    How the hell am i supposed to defeat mage as ret paladin?! i stun him - he blinks, i pop wings for ranged attack he takes them from me, he is freezing me in place every second and im OOM dispelling, if he gets to trouble he polymorphs me - blinks and heal himself to 100% ( by this time i usually dont have bubble or trinkter ready) If i fight good mage i can barely touch him, if i duel average mage i can him him few times, if i duel retard mage i still have very little chance of defeating him.

I have problems with many classes now as ret paladin but mages are just IMPOSSIBLE. Sometimes in Tol barad 5 people cant kill mage!!! I wonder how you guys deal with them if it is even any possibility of defeating them. People say retadins were OP in WLK but they were far from OP comparing with state of mages now!

My suggestions for balance: remove blink, increase cooldown on all mages defensive abilities by 100%, polymorph cooldown 1 minute - breaks on any dmg OR make HoF undispellable infinite buff
    lol Polymorph does break from any damage.
    Remove Blink? Seriously? Remove a spell that has been there for ages just because they escape from your stuns, like it always has?
    If you were any good you'd probably know how to beat him.

And for Tol barad, tell a Shadow Priest to silence the mage then beat him up. Done.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you blink as DK i wonder?
    DS = Dark Simulacrum

Quote Originally Posted by XenuMC View Post
    aha, thougth of Death Strike, didnt play DK since shattering :P

---------- Post added 2010-12-30 at 03:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    lol Polymorph does break from any damage.
    Remove Blink? Seriously? Remove a spell that has been there for ages just because they escape from your stuns, like it always has?
    If you were any good you'd probably know how to beat him.

And for Tol barad, tell a Shadow Priest to silence the mage then beat him up. Done.
    blink 15 sec CD, stun 1 minute CD ok than make blink at lease 1 minute CD then, make poly 1 min, and increase cooldown on freezing craps by 100%, seems reasonable?
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    There is a reason my ret spec has a /golfclap macro button.

Um, no, blizz eliminated hard counter classes wayyyyyyy back when. Gear being equal, the better player should always win design wise, but they're not done balancing yet.

The main issue with frost mages right now is their ability to root/snare stacked with their mobility. When a DK can't even take one down, there is an issue...
    So a DK should take every single class down because its a DK, regardless of the player's skill?

i gota laugh at this, reason, welcome to my old warriors hell days of wotlk, think in a arena game i was 100% cc´d, and u can dispell, got stun(range cast), got reptence, got speed, got interupt, gain holy power when cc´d?(word of glory big fully stacked holypower selfheal?) dont u even got talented hand of freedom?(longer duration shorter cd), mostly me laughing, is about huah nice some1 else feals what I/we warriors feelt, but yeah hafto agree whit u at one point, mage and warlock still got bit to mutch spammable cc.

ohh forgot to say, duels aint part of the game, more then there for testing, now some classes will win ower others, even if the dead player is more skilled, cos some classes are bether against some, and worse against others pluss this game is about tp, tp, tp, tp, tp, teamplay =)
    Last edited by elossa; 2010-12-30 at 02:58 PM.

How the hell am i supposed to defeat mage as ret paladin?! i stun him - he blinks, i pop wings for ranged attack he takes them from me, he is freezing me in place every second and im OOM dispelling, if he gets to trouble he polymorphs me - blinks and heal himself to 100% ( by this time i usually dont have bubble or trinkter ready) If i fight good mage i can barely touch him, if i duel average mage i can him him few times, if i duel retard mage i still have very little chance of defeating him.

I have problems with many classes now as ret paladin but mages are just IMPOSSIBLE. Sometimes in Tol barad 5 people cant kill mage!!! I wonder how you guys deal with them if it is even any possibility of defeating them. People say retadins were OP in WLK but they were far from OP comparing with state of mages now!

My suggestions for balance: remove blink, increase cooldown on all mages defensive abilities by 100%, polymorph cooldown 1 minute - breaks on any dmg OR make HoF undispellable infinite buff

it all boils down to getting your HoF and you being bad at cleansing yourself. i haven't had much experience with Rets with Cata but in Wotlk killing you just comes down to running and running the opposite way you're coming while spamming spellsteal until i get your HoF and can finally lay some damage into you.

that said Pallys are/were a bitch when you couldn't get the HoF(buff stacking or when dispel resistance was a facctor) or in BG's in multiples since its impossible to stop 2-3 pallys with HoF. Pallys shouldn't be crying about Mages tho since in the right scenarios where they can't run much(close quarters), or you catch them low you have it the easiest just throwing HoW's at them to gib them. you're probably better off spec'ing Prot to take on mages altho i can still spellsteal/kite you. just takes longer and runs me a lot more oom.

So a DK should take every single class down because its a DK, regardless of the player's skill?
    Considering DK's have great interupts and silences plus deathgrip, they were VERY good at killing casters. Also in the encounter I was on my holy pally healing the DK, and the mage still didn't die. You're a mage, go ahead, think you're not OP, denial isn't just a river in Egypt...

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering DK's have great interupts and silences plus deathgrip, they were VERY good at killing casters. Also in the encounter I was on my holy pally healing the DK, and the mage still didn't die. You're a mage, go ahead, think you're not OP, denial isn't just a river in Egypt...
    DK's are VERY GOOD at killing casters but that doesn't mean they win 100%. That's the point I'm making. The guy I quoted was practically saying that DK's should ALWAYS beat casters, despite their skill.

Also, if you haven't noticed, I'm a freaking Fire mage.
    and I PvP with Arcane.
    Blue posts even say that Arcane damage is too low. So much for Arcane being OP eh?

If someone ever points out Ring of Frost...Really. YOU CAN SEE THE THING. Move away from it.
    If you can move out of fire then you can move out of a giant ring of frosty goodness. And you even hear it jingling when a mage casts it. Move out of the way. THAT simple.
    Last edited by Jademist; 2010-12-30 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by candyass View Post
    it all boils down to getting your HoF and you being bad at cleansing yourself. i haven't had much experience with Rets with Cata but in Wotlk killing you just comes down to running and running the opposite way you're coming while spamming spellsteal until i get your HoF and can finally lay some damage into you.

that said Pallys are/were a bitch when you couldn't get the HoF(buff stacking or when dispel resistance was a facctor) or in BG's in multiples since its impossible to stop 2-3 pallys with HoF. Pallys shouldn't be crying about Mages tho since in the right scenarios where they can't run much(close quarters), or you catch them low you have it the easiest just throwing HoW's at them to gib them. you're probably better off spec'ing Prot to take on mages altho i can still spellsteal/kite you. just takes longer and runs me a lot more oom.
    everything i try on mage he can counter with double speed and efficienty than i can. Stuns are useless against mages it just mage their blink 15 sec CD, AW is useless because good mages are spellstealing them in two seconds, dispelling is nice but i have to spam it at least 5 times to get to mage and thats almost OOM. mages are fucking OP and they should be nerfed to the fucking ground
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

10+ Year Old Account
    Well by that logic, No caster should ever defeat a DK...Wait...Well Spriests when they are not broke(pre-shattering) Ate DKs, My lock Eats DKs, My mage, eats DKs,. So I have coved all the cloth casters...They all eat DKs. Note they are not always easy battles, A good DK will fight my lock(my Main) for every sliver of health.

Just because you have the tools to beat a caster, does not mean you should be auto win.

As far as ret vs mage. That has always been an uphill battle. Just watch the mage, If they make a mistake, you will more than likely kill it. I hit my blink to early once, Pally got to me and poped wings in Zealotry, I died in seconds before I could even pop IB. I played poorly and paid for it. That is the secret to beating anyone though.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Please, don´t complain about Ret because you obviously know nothing about it. It is impossible (Yes) for a Ret to kill a good Mage. It is however not as bad as the OP says.
    you dont know mage on our server, name is clearfrost EU burning blade. I cant doubt about his skill because he is pwning 3 guys at once with his with finger in the ass. There is no way you can even get to him as ret.

DK's are VERY GOOD at killing casters but that doesn't mean they win 100%. That's the point I'm making. The guy I quoted was practically saying that DK's should ALWAYS beat casters, despite their skill.

Also, if you haven't noticed, I'm a freaking Fire mage.
    and I PvP with Arcane.
    Blue posts even say that Arcane damage is too low. So much for Arcane being OP eh?

If someone ever points out Ring of Frost...Really. YOU CAN SEE THE THING. Move away from it.
    If you can move out of fire then you can move out of a giant ring of frosty goodness. And you even hear it jingling when a mage casts it. Move out of the way. THAT simple.
    - I was the person you quoted.
    - I did not say regardless of skill.
    - I said mages are OP, you have the option to spec frost if you wanted to and I wans't going to armory you to see what your second spec was. I did not say arcane was OP.
    - Ring of frost is not always avoidable, and even without it frost has an abundance of roots/snares and high mobility. Not to mention counterspell and spellsteal.

everything i try on mage he can counter with double speed and efficienty than i can. Stuns are useless against mages it just mage their blink 15 sec CD, AW is useless because good mages are spellstealing them in two seconds, dispelling is nice but i have to spam it at least 5 times to get to mage and thats almost OOM. mages are fucking OP and they should be nerfed to the fucking ground

try JoJ especially if theres more than 1 of you chasing him. repentance forces trinket/block so at least you got 1 of those out of the way. i'm not here to placate your QQ, mages were VERY OP'd at end of Cata and from 81-84, but at 85 i don't think they're nearly the issue a lot of you QQ'ers pretend. and i'm a Mage that don't mind saying when we're OP'd since i said it a lot here almost wishing we'd get nerfed at end of Wotlk and early Cata. maybe the very top geared Mages are OP'd right now but i wouldn't know. all i know is i'm not gibing people anywhere near as fast as i used to, iin fact it takes a lot longer than almost everyone on this forum tends to portray. i only have like 320~ ilvl gear on average tho.

all i can tell you is fighting pallys comes down to getting rid of your HoF and you being slow on dispels where i get shatters on you.

Quote Originally Posted by natrii View Post
    Well by that logic, No caster should ever defeat a DK...Wait...Well Spriests when they are not broke(pre-shattering) Ate DKs, My lock Eats DKs, My mage, eats DKs,. So I have coved all the cloth casters...They all eat DKs. Note they are not always easy battles, A good DK will fight my lock(my Main) for every sliver of health.

Just because you have the tools to beat a caster, does not mean you should be auto win.

As far as ret vs mage. That has always been an uphill battle. Just watch the mage, If they make a mistake, you will more than likely kill it. I hit my blink to early once, Pally got to me and poped wings in Zealotry, I died in seconds before I could even pop IB. I played poorly and paid for it. That is the secret to beating anyone though.
    Your logic is flawed, I never said that, reading comprehension, get some. You kinda missed the fact I was healing said DK on my holy pally. Read before you type.

im OOM dispelling
    What poisons and diseases are said mage applying that you're dispelling Mr. Ret?

10+ Year Old Account
    you dont know mage on our server, name is clearfrost EU burning blade. I cant doubt about his skill because he is pwning 3 guys at once with his with finger in the ass. There is no way you can even get to him as ret.
    Yeah I can do the same thing with a Destruction lock...does that mean I'm OP, no it mean Either I'm a good player(I'm decent at best), or I'm fighting bad players(such as yourself, who instead of learning from mistakes comes to QQ). Your logic on why something is OP is flawed, and are argument is moot.

Deleted
    The best way to kill a mage is to /w food plox or /w PORTAL PLLZZZZZ, it will kill a mage in a matter of seconds!

Joking aside..

remove blink
    If blink were ever removed, dead mages would be a more common sight than "NOW UBER CHEAP GOLD AT..."
    It's one of their most useful pvp abillites, removing it would destroy the class.

increase cooldown on all mages defensive abilities by 100%
    This would't make a big difference when it comes down to all the freeze spells they have. Even if a mage wants to they can't keep a person frozen forever diminishing returns have made it pretty hard to keep people frozen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your logic is flawed, I never said that, reading comprehension, get some. You kinda missed the fact I was healing said DK on my holy pally. Read before you type.
    Yes, but your observation was that Dks are good at killing casters. And that you should Have beaten them. Correct. Now as far as you healing the DK all that means is you did a bad job at healing your DK if he died, or mealy were out played. If you Dk was having trouble with a mage with you healing him then you were not doing your job as his arena partner(I assume arena setting correct me if I'm wrong.) If this was an arena settign you made no mention of his partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadugarr View Post
    What poisons and diseases are said mage applying that you're dispelling Mr. Ret?
    Seriously? Acts of Sacrifice

Try learning what classes have before you try to act like a jackass.

Also to all the mages in here, I think the common complaint is that Mages are scissors, while every other class is paper. I'm by no means saying that mages need to be crazy nerfed like suggested before, but there is a little imbalance right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gather teammates