Spore bat for raiding?

so my 10 man has all buff except

spell damage taken debuff
    cast time debuff
    physical damage taken debuff

so atm im using a wolf or cat but since its just stacking buffs we already have im looking to change.

i can use:
    ravenger - physical damage debuff (good for me, tanks, and kittendruid on dps burn fights)
    spore bat - possibly good for high interrupt fights
    wind serpent - good for our 2 casters and me

the down side is on all of these i lose call of the wild!

so my questions are:

does the spore basts cast time ability work on bosses?

and

is the dps gain from the ravanger enough to off set the loss of call of the wild?
    Last edited by Mixon; 2010-12-30 at 06:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is a ravager's buff still broken? The one thing, that you did note, is the loss of call of the wild. Cunning tree pets will pull less dps for you in the long term, you just have to decide if you think it's worth it.

Personally, I stick to ferocity.

just going from femaldwarf

4% physical debuff = 416 dps
    call of the wild = 428 dps
    8% spell debuff = 557 dps

soooooo judging from that it winner would be wind serpent and it would also help the mage and spriest......hummmm the plot thickens!

Yes I had to use Sporebat on Maloriak last night as we had no rogue or lock. Works perfectly.

I was under the impression that cunning pets actually did a bit MORE dmg to us hunters?, after some playing around with femaledwarf a few weeks ago, they were showing as highest dps increase for me (when affected by all buffs/debuffs) compared to using the ferocious pet..

personally I'm running with a cat, because I love my green tiger <3, but if we are lacking 8% spell dmg that is faar better (we allrdy got dks/warrs/shamsters for horny winter)

Cunning pets are indeed doing more dps than ferocity pets, this is due to the great synergy between Owl's focus and wild hunt, making cunning pets able to have 2/2 in wild hunt. Cunning pets also gets extra damage when the boss is at less than 35% hp, and some of the new bosses enters some sort of enrage at low hp, Chimeraon and to a lesser extent Maloriak comes to mind.

The ravagers buff is still broken, yes.
    I often have to pull out my wind serpent for some fights, I'm looking to find a cunning pet I like most for raiding, since yes, they are pulling ahead for us atm.

Cunning is indeed the highest DPS for a raid enviornment with all the focus regen abilitys we have for pets and cunnings own focus saving heavy tree.

I use the windserpent in heroics. Still trying to find a good pet for my 10 squad since our assassination rogue brings the magic debuff

I tend to switch between cat and dragonhawk. The reason for this is my, let's call it unwillingness, to reforge mastery. I have used the reforge system heavily to my benefit, but when it comes to mastery I get bothered. This is simply because, unlike the other stats, 12.75 points in mastery is as beneficial as 12 points. Unlike hit or crit, the damage bonus (increased elemental damage for survival hunters) is not percentage based.

Now, with the dragonhawk, I have +8% magic damage increase. Now this isn't the same as mastery, but all of a survival hunters shots that are elemental are single target, and I'm more worried about boss dps. I find that the dragonhawk's debuff is more helpful than the cats perpetual agi increase. This all, ofcourse, has to do with the stats you have prebuffs.

The second factor is the make-up of the raid. If there are more physical dps, then I use the cat. More magic, and I use dragonhawk.

Quote Originally Posted by iamhere3 View Post
    I tend to switch between cat and dragonhawk. The reason for this is my, let's call it unwillingness, to reforge mastery. I have used the reforge system heavily to my benefit, but when it comes to mastery I get bothered. This is simply because, unlike the other stats, 12.75 points in mastery is as beneficial as 12 points. Unlike hit or crit, the damage bonus (increased elemental damage for survival hunters) is not percentage based.
    This is not true if you going based off the tooltip it is incorrect.