Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Min/maxing from a healer's standpoint is very much "eyeballing" because you can't really spreadsheet healing, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be doing it
    100% this, however, if the OP likes looking at fancy numbers and bitchin' spreadsheets, may I suggest Danner's Manaregen Calculator for all your crafting needs.

I'm using this to basline my INT/SPI ratio around an 8min fight. Basically, put in your numbers/spec, see what stat you need to increase for better regen. Then, when you feel comfortable with your regen, start dumping SPI first into INT [via gems/chants/food/pots]. If you have dumped all SPI from these sources to INT and you still feel comfortable with your mana, then start dumping actual SPI pieces for crit/haste, crit/mastery, or haste/mastery pieces [which may not likely happen until late T11 or even T12 for priests].

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish to add that going with spirit on all items is superiour to going for haste\mastery pieces even when you feel your regen is more than sufficient. If you have high regen it allow you to dump mana into the higher throughput spells like flash and greater heal, aswell as use renew more freely. Not to mention being able to use prayer of healing much more often if needed.

I do tend to gem for throughput though. Using int/spirit in blue slots, int/mastery in yellow and int (jewelcrafting gems) in red slots. I also enchant with thoughput if there is a good choise in that equipment slot.
    Last edited by Cerunnir; 2010-12-31 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post
    I wish to add that going with spirit on all items is superiour to going for haste\mastery pieces even when you feel your regen is more than sufficient. If you have high regen it allow you to dump mana into the higher throughput spells like flash and greater heal, aswell as use renew more freely. Not to mention being able to use prayer of healing much more often if needed.

I do tend to gem for throughput though. Using int/spirit in blue slots, int/mastery in yellow and int (jewelcrafting gems) in red slots. I also enchant with thoughput if there is a good choise in that equipment slot.
    I guess my reasoning for moving into non-spirit pieces after all other throughput possibilities have been wasted is that I really don't change how I heal based on my regen. I get enough regen so I can heal the way I wish. When I feel like I can heal an encounter solidly and I'm sitting at 20-30% mana left at the end, I know I can push higher throughput.

I look at regen as a factor of encounter duration vs. my mana pool vs. my optimal spell selection. That being said, I will often ere on the side of caution with regen. In my previous post, I was merely pointing out the natural progression one would take when dumping regen for throughput.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh yay another "omg you need to have spirit on everything at all times no matter what" discussion. You get to a point where you are comfortable with the spirit you have and instead of gearing for it it would be a much better idea to throw in some haste or mastery instead. This has been discussed many times and causes many arguments from what I've seen, but there really is such a thing as too much spirit.

This information is not accurate, atleast not as you would like to think that it is.

First of all: Yes, more spirit = More possible spells to be cast before you go OOM, but think about it for a second.

Being able to cast more spells doesnt equal to gaining throughput, infact you're losing out on throughput if you favor spirit over Haste/Mastery when you're above where you feel that you need to be as for the regen, after that point Haste is going to favor you more then Mastery as you go into Heroic modes (25-mans), why?

Cause the encounters requires faster reaction time, which is where the haste is coming into the picture, more haste = faster casts = shorter time spent on topping people off, if used effective, this also results in more time spent on gaining mana as there's no healing to do until the next incoming damage needs to be healed.

As for Mastery, it's good, you should get it. But you should once again balance it out with Haste, taking alot of mastery and missing out on Haste is going to end up hurting your EHPS rather then gaining it not to mention that you'll put more stress on the other healers cause you can't pull your part of the encounter.

(Pardon the occasional spelling mistakes, just got home from New Year eve party <.<, on a sidenote to that... Happy New Year!)

As a holy pally i have more spirit then that
    so as a priest ur really lacking
    ull notice the diff