Page 1 of 2
LastLast

as a dk/warrior team even I admit we need a nerf

Just going to go ahead and post it. I play dk,my partner warrior. There is no way in hell we aren't getting a nerf. We shut down EVERYTHING. In 3s with a healer it's just insane some of the stuff we can pull off. Between the two of us (unholy) and war we can completely shut down casters while doing massive damage. Quite honestly I don't see how it went live. People complain about mages, but I have yet to find one I don't roflstomp. Now it isn't the kind of roflstomp as in "I"m more skilled" it's the kind where they can't do anything.

I miss the days when my class took some skill to be good. I feel like it's back to where it was just after wrath. This isn't even fun. Sure at first it was, stomping people. Then it just got to the point where it was boring. I will give you a list of things that I think are op.

my necrotic strike...man using this it's over for a healer. Healers already have higher mana cost with slower spells.
    mix this with my silence, stuns, my am it's pretty op.

The problem I have with this is that if they do nerf us, they are likely to do what they did with paladins. Instead of nerfing us to be in line with other classes they are likely to nerf us into ground. Why can't blizz settle for some middle ground. If they nerfed necrotic strike for example then I think the class would be fine.

If you have an opinion please go ahead. Just try to refrain from the name calling that has become so prevalent in these forums lately.

On my dk I pvp unholy, with 130k health, my ap is around 8k, he is jc so yeah that helps. I'm not on him right this second so the numbers might be a tad bit off but not by much. None of those are very impressive numbers though. I just don't see how I'm killing all of these other classes so easy. In duels the only class that can stand up to me is a lock, and I hear they are getting nerfed.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Recklessness, Colosus Smash, Troll racial (20% melee haste), Deadly Calm.

Whadup! 30k crits, on resi targets.

Problem?

edit: Oh, and did I mention pummel in battlestance? h3h3h3h3
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    I only shave my beard and balls.

Deleted
    130k HP? I call bullshit unless you're gemming for full stamina.
    For the record, I have 115k with every Bloodthirsty piece (5/5 set, with all offset) as well as a few Strength/stam gems (over the hit cap) and getting the weapon on wednesday which will take me to 120k if that

---------- Post added 2010-12-31 at 12:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dakoeda View Post

Problem?
    Or, play it calm to begin with, get 75 rage, then use a macro that is:
    #showtooltip Deadly Calm
    /cast deadly calm
    /cast inner rage

Grats on 15% more damage for 10 seconds.

and Shocking! TSG Facerolling things? Well I never...
    Last edited by mmoc9fada5a631; 2010-12-31 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
    130k HP? I call bullshit unless you're gemming for full stamina.

---------- Post added 2010-12-31 at 12:54 PM ----------

Or, play it calm to begin with, get 75 rage, then use a macro that is:
    #showtooltip Deadly Calm
    /cast deadly calm
    /cast inner rage

Grats on 15% more damage for 10 seconds.
    Is it off global? I havent even tried that spell yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    I only shave my beard and balls.

Deleted
    Yes, both of them are off the global, 1 press = both abilities working. But, you do need to be at / over 75 rage to use

10+ Year Old Account
    Except, you cant use Inner Rage with Deadly Calm together. Read the tooltip :P

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I've been considering looking at a way to make them work together. You can't use Deadly Calm while Inner Rage is active, but if you activate both at the same time, or even Deadly Calm before Inner rage, it may in fact work.

Again, haven't tried, but I wouldn't be all that surprised to see it possible SOMEHOW.

Deleted
    Thanks for pointing the obvious.Or you just flamebaiting tards who played retpalas at start of wotlk claiming they were fine too and other people needed to l2p? But yeah, while it is true nerfhammer will hit warriors and dk's it will or atleast it *Should* also hit mages and feral druids.Ring of frost? 1585818515k bleed ticks ? fine!

Im just most worried concerning warriors, even tho they've been fine or overpowered each season up till now, they're the only class blizzard openly regocnized being OP in pvp atm. hence it wouldn't be nothing new from blizz to 'to the ground, baby !"-them.Or alternatively do nerf that hardly affects anything leaving them Op as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by AintMisbehavin View Post
    the only thing that really matters is way too short cd for colossus smash and necrotic strike ignoring resil completely.
    The actual CD on Colossus is 20 seconds, which is plenty long for arena. What you have to worry about is that arms warriors have a talent that randomly resets it, and theres no way to tell when it happens

10+ Year Old Account
    warrior/dk dont need nerf at all =o in my team frost dk/holy pala (neither me nor the pala had any PvP gear) we completly killed the warr/dk worgen team =P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    No u. Deadly Calm says it cant be used during Inner Rage.

Inner Rage doesn't say it cant be used during Deadly Calm. The macro works, I use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
    No u. Deadly Calm says it cant be used during Inner Rage.

Inner Rage doesn't say it cant be used during Deadly Calm. The macro works, I use it.
    Oh. My bad then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish people would stop bitching about Colossus Smash. The whole reason that's in there is because warriors suffer bigtime from armour, whereas every other class has moves that aren't reduced by amrour (magical attacks). That's the whole reasoning behind the design. People just see 100% ArP and get all emotional about it.
    "The truth, my goal."

Quote Originally Posted by dakoeda View Post

Problem?

edit: Oh, and did I mention pummel in battlestance? h3h3h3h3
    Pummel in battle stance isn't op, pummel NOT in battle stance was annoying. Any warrior enjoying PvP would have a zerkerstance-pummel-macro that could take down most 2sec casttime spells, UNLESS you got latency. Latencygambling on whether or not you get to interrupt is just stupid.

Warr damage is a tad high, tho. I didn't think anyone doubted this, but I guess I was wrong, seeing as a new thread of someone discovering that appears every day:P

Deleted
    I can go an arena match and have it not proc at all.

I also have the RNG gods on my side, and it procs 3 times in a row.

What people fail to realise, is not only do warriors have some of the worst defensive CDs (Shield Wall is a joke, Enraged Regen requires to have an Enrage ability active, and in PvP gear I have 10% chance to crit with MS, or I have to use Zerker Rage which leaves me open to fears. Sure the mobility is decent, I won't deny it, and perhaps the damage can be tuned down a little bit.

Oh and [URL=http://img14.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnshot123110132430.jpg/]

There you can see both Inner Rage and Deadly Calm being active.
    Last edited by mmoc9fada5a631; 2010-12-31 at 12:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    I wish people would stop bitching about Colossus Smash. The whole reason that's in there is because warriors suffer bigtime from armour, whereas every other class has moves that aren't reduced by amrour (magical attacks). That's the whole reasoning behind the design. People just see 100% ArP and get all emotional about it.
    So you say that it's fine that warriors literary globaling healers? I'm playing with a holy pala at around 2.1k mmr and we often meet teams with a warrior (2v2), my pala have to bubble around 15 secs into the fight becuase the warrior is just doing insane damage, and after the bubble we are pretty much screwed if I dont kill one of the other enemies. Warriors INSANE burst is just ridiculous they're like critting 30k x3 in 3 secs. They can probably kill my paladin in the throw down. I'm perfectly fine with the jump and all the other stuff they got but not their huge burst. So arp on top of that is just............ Heroic strike isnt a rage dump it's a insta kill ability

Deleted
    30k x3 in 3 seconds? Fury warrior. Sure, they burst for the first 15 seconds, after that, if your paladin is dying, you're not peeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kovakeke View Post
    Thanks for pointing the obvious.Or you just flamebaiting tards who played retpalas at start of wotlk claiming they were fine too and other people needed to l2p? But yeah, while it is true nerfhammer will hit warriors and dk's it will or atleast it *Should* also hit mages and feral druids.Ring of frost? 1585818515k bleed ticks ? fine!

Im just most worried concerning warriors, even tho they've been fine or overpowered each season up till now, they're the only class blizzard openly regocnized being OP in pvp atm. hence it wouldn't be nothing new from blizz to 'to the ground, baby !"-them.Or alternatively do nerf that hardly affects anything leaving them Op as they are.
    My point wasn't to show the obvious. My point is that any time someone says X class is OP you have tons of people from that class going "no we are fine". Well I AM a dk, and I can tell you we are OP. I brought up the warrior because when we are teamed we just faceroll.

As for the guy saying 130k was too much hp, you are wrong. First let me point out maybe why I have such a huge amount of hp. I decided to go with an 81 stam meta for helm. Second I have a few pve pieces with very high stam on them. This is really helpful when I have to go in for a ds to heal back up because the heal on it is based entirely around my max health. I'm not exactly at 130k of course, but I'm getting close to it. Also what relic are you using. I'm getting another 151 stam off it, not counting the str/stam gem.

As for the guy that said their team rolled a frost dk/warrior maybe. Try doing that to unholy dk/warrior. Frost is nothing in pvp, they have some high damage but they are easy to shut down. With unholy I can do so much more than frost. Yes I have tried all three.

30k x3 in 3 seconds? Fury warrior. Sure, they burst for the first 15 seconds, after that, if your paladin is dying, you're not peeling.
    There are a number of classes that can get out of that quite easily. When our warrior goes into "HULK SMASH" mode as I put it I can pop my lich and it's over. They can't get either of us off their healer and he goes down in a matter of seconds. We are talking 5 to 10 seconds in and he's dead. Then it's a 2 on 1 and it's over.
    Last edited by unkn0wnerr0r; 2010-12-31 at 12:46 PM.

Deleted
    If you use PvE gear in PvP, you're gonna get rolled higher ratings.

I've had plenty of DK's in arena do the same. The most successful ones are the ones that wont be forced to play defensive within 15 seconds due to being pressured. How do you accomplish this? Resilience, Resilience, Resilience. I have 3.2k now, which reduces my damage taken by 34%.

The reason DK's are OP, Is because Necrotic Strike isn't affected by Resilience, which is getting changed (Soon ™) from what I was reading.
    Last edited by mmoc9fada5a631; 2010-12-31 at 12:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    Nope they see their health being reduced by 80k in 5 seconds, you know the duration of throwdown?, with 2000 resilience and go emo about it, because it's op as hell.