Poll: Do you show a little courtesy when gathering, or do you subscribe to all is fair?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If I'm in a party with a friend who is also a herber I HoP then on my paladin and take the node

If its someone fighting near a node, I help them kill the mob, if they take the node, thats fair play, if they don't and move on I will herb the node

Usually if its me fighting a mob near a node I want, I usually drop conc on the mob so no one from the other side can take it from me while I'm fighting, though it doesn't stop fellow hordies for doing so, which is rather uncool

If it's the opposing faction its fair game. If it's friendly faction, be curteous.

It depends. There's certain people I have no problem ninjaing from, such as trade chat trolls, and botters. Though i let the majority of players have it.

Deleted
    Currently I do (abit ashamed of it) but with the current situation of herbs in deepholm for example it's just not worth the extra 15 minutes of finding a new node >.<. When everything settles in a while I'll stop with it since it won't be needed that much.

If a member of the opposing faction is fighting a mob for a node, I'd never think twice about taking the herb, I always do that when I farm Whiptail in Uldum. If its a fellow hordie, I take it, and if they ask me why I did it/for the herb, I usually just give the results of the pick to them and go on.
    If its another tauren druid fighting a mob near a node, I take it and would never think about giving him/her the gained herbs, because fighting mobs is a waste of time, just wait for them to swing once and then take it, if you can't get the herb before they get to you.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

15+ Year Old Account
    Opposite faction? Yes. Proudly yes.

Same faction? No. Unless that person has done the same to me earlier. I won't lie... I get a feeling of satisfaction if I can ninja gather a node from someone who did the same thing to me earlier in my farming run.

The one I really don't get is when there is NO mob around and it's a race to the node, I get there first and take it, then get a "Um I was going for that... way to be a dick" tell from the other guy. What is with that? Sorry, but just because you were planning on going to it does not magically make it yours.
    "And then, as though awoken from a blind stupor,the people of the internet realised that: no one gives a damn.
    And no damns were given." - Calon, MMO-Champion (source)

10+ Year Old Account
    If the other person is a flagged horde I will cc them and proceed to take the herb which is rightfully mine, otherwise I will usually wait and see if that person is fighting for the node or leave it and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    dog eat dog world, ill go for nodes,dont care if someone is fightning a mob funny thing is turn off auto loot and sit there and they cant mine

I always try to be courteous. If someone's fighting a mob I wait and see if they're going to pick the herb. Alas, my herbalist is a tauren druid...which is an epic combination btw. Swift flight form + cultivation = fast herb gathering. Unfortunately, as a result of this combination sometimes I fly down, gather, and take off before even seeing the other player that hadn't finished loading yet. In those cases I apologize and offer them the herbs. I've never had anyone actually take them from me. The apology is usually the biggest thing in that scenario. Others may not take me into consideration but who I am is determined far more in how I treat people who knowingly treat me poorly.

Hell yeah I take nodes that other people are clearly trying to get. If you're not smart enough to use your abilities to get your herb or mining node before you spend 10 seconds trying to kill a mob, then you don't deserve the node. When people cry about it to me in a whisper I have a set of macros I prefer that go like this...

Macro 1: Let me hold down a button for you.
    Macro 2. QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

If I'm lucky, it'll get me on their ignore list and I wont be able to whisper them for any invites to a group led by an idiot.

My herbalist is a cow druid and i just LOVE taking herbs from people thats already herbing. 0.5 second herbing time, i've gotta take advantage of that.
    It's all fair game. Don't like it? Roll your herbalist a cow Druid.

I don't ninja nodes ever. I consider it to be bad form.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yup, straight up will. If they are horde I will cyclone/Fear them (druid or priest).

Or if they are Alliance I will try to mine it, I don't care if they are fighting a mob. I do a lot of nice things in game, help newbies, pass on gear if it's a better upgrade for my pug. But when it comes to Mines and Herbs, it's all fair game.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there is guy fighting a mob right next to node ill just fly over.
    If there is no mob first one to get to the node mines it.
    Although i sometimes may kill horde if i feel like it and they are full hp/mana after they mine the node. Its fair world PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes if the person is not 85 and is purely levelling by herbing. Also I caught a bot herbing so I take his. Not seen the character in a while, hopefully it is banned.

Sometimes when its the opposite faction and I'm in a rotten mood I will but even then I usually just let it go and find another...I know how it feels. Ninja'ing a node from someone on the same faction is pretty damn douchey though, and shitloads of people do it...hell, I was questing in Hyjal a few days ago on my Dk and a troll shaman decided to watch me kill the mobs and stole my supplies on the quest where you have to loot 36 supply things. I was so fucking furious, I would gladly cut his nuts off with a toothpick and make him eat them in soup. The world is full enough as it is, we don't need pieces of fucking shit like him. Ahem. Rage over...sorry.

Yesterday, this dwarf hunter and I (rogue) were fighting over an elementium vein. He was about to kill me, so I vanished. 2 other horides flew in to try to take the node, so did another ally. It ended up being 2 vs 2 over a node. Then I saw a pyrite vein nearby, so I quickly flew to it and mined it while the others were still fighting. I lol'ed.

in tol barad when an raid member tries to take a herb i usually leap of faith them so i can get it, i worked for it i should get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stixxz View Post
    Yes if the person is not 85 and is purely levelling by herbing. Also I caught a bot herbing so I take his. Not seen the character in a while, hopefully it is banned.
    Love your signature....wow!

And yes, I do what some people consider "ninja" gather. Why? Because its no name on that node/herb, its fair game, no one got more right on it than the other.
    Assistant (to the) Regional Manager.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Sometimes when its the opposite faction and I'm in a rotten mood I will but even then I usually just let it go and find another...I know how it feels. Ninja'ing a node from someone on the same faction is pretty damn douchey though, and shitloads of people do it...hell, I was questing in Hyjal a few days ago on my Dk and a troll shaman decided to watch me kill the mobs and stole my supplies on the quest where you have to loot 36 supply things. I was so fucking furious, I would gladly cut his nuts off with a toothpick and make him eat them in soup. The world is full enough as it is, we don't need pieces of fucking shit like him. Ahem. Rage over...sorry.
    Than you really need to quit playing.....that is some serious issues you have.