Poll: Do you show a little courtesy when gathering, or do you subscribe to all is fair?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If its a member of the opposing fraction...yes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastydeath View Post
    If its a member of the opposing fraction...yes
    Hahahahaha so true! The best thing is when a member of the opposing faction is mining / herbing and you CC him, gather, and then kill him. Makes me feel all giddy inside.

No, but I got accused of it yesterday.

-We were in Tol Barad.
    -The elementium vein in question was on a small hill next to the road leading up to Larson's Overlook
    -One of the dailies yesterday was to kill 14 of the ghosts up there
    -There was a death knight standing in the road, approximately 10 yards away, fighting a ghost, positioned as if he were intending to head up the road next.
    -I mine the elementium vein
    -I get called an asshole
    -I explain that there was no indication he was fighting for that node, that he was a miner, or that he was doing anything at all except killing a mob for his daily
    -I get called an asshole again and put on ignore.

I love my server sometimes >.>

Edit: People who take stuff that is clearly being fought for by someone else get no help from me. Ever. I know at least 2 people on my server who have lost out on thousands of gold on the auction house because I refuse to buy from them, buying from other sellers at a higher price just to deny them my business. But hey! You got that one elementium vein, I'm sure that makes up for me spending 1500 gold on gems from your next highest competitor, right?
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2010-12-31 at 11:44 PM.

I mine whatever I find.
    An ally on the nod? Dragons breath mine byebye.
    A Horde killing a mob? Go down, mine byebye.
    Undergroundminer? Kill mine byebye.
    Finding a ally moounting after taking a nod? Kill, mount and continue.

I'm a bitch, and I know 80% of the miners out there would do the same so I don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    you try be courteous with these stupid high post expac prices. I'm not going to pay 400g for a stack of elementium. >.>
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

dog eat dog, if i can get that before you do, it's mine.

Yep,and I /spit on them as I fly away, bags filled with their herbs.

It depends, really. Most of the time? No. But if I see that Pyrium Vein, and someone else is fighting near it, I'd probably go for it.
    I just started doing "Let's Play" videos on YouTube. If you are into that kind of thing, please check it out and subscribe if you like it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm prepared to lose out on a few nodes here and there, some virtual gold or whatever, if it means I can honestly not see myself as part of the problem. Don't get me wrong, I don't judge those who aren't prepared to give it up, for me it's more important that I don't go against my own code of conduct. I don't want someone doing it to me, so I won't do it to others, if that means I lose a few nodes here and there, then so be it.
    "The truth, my goal."

I pretty much ninja nodes as much as possible. Same faction, different faction, doesn't matter. Earlier I came upon a node where a horde hunter was sapped by an alliance rogue. But when he tried to mine, a mob attacked him. He was in the process of stunning/ vanishing when I took it from them both. Felt pretty damn good, I must say.

Unfortunately I ninja nodes sometimes, but always by accident - I fly in and collect a node, and other players, mobs, etc, get drawn in once I'm done. If I see someone before I start gathering though, I'll wait and see what they were doing before I gather.

Of course with all the phasing around these days, I often see nodes just vanish with no-one around. I saw three fishing pools right next to each other earlier today, and all three disappeared while I was equipping my fishing rod!

I will do anything to get the node that rightfully belongs to me, if I see it, then it's mine. My only gathering toon is my paladin and she has mining and I will go to the extent of stunning people bubbling, and running to avoid time-wasting combat and flying away to my next destination.

Mobs take 5 seconds to kill. You haven't "worked" for a node if a mob is near it.

same faction no opposing faction yes

I play a PvP server for a reason.
    As for the half that I can't kill, I'll ninja them if I can.
    Don't mind me, just being alpha.

If it's an ally I'll kill him if he's trying to mine it, try to mine it if he's fighting a mob and kill him if he tries to stop me x)
    I don't steal from my fellow hordes in combat though, but I will race others.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they have already started to gather, or if they're fighting off mobs for it, then I won't fight them for it (even though my herbalist is a druid and I could probably do it faster than them).

If they've not made it to the herb, then it's fair game.

I had a warrior yelling at me in General chat in Vash'jir yesterday (I wasn't even picking herbs he was near, I guess he just saw me in the area). He was spamming "Dr00d! Get off my herbs!" and such. I didn't respond to this guy because I didn't want to start a flame war, but a) they don't have his name on them, b) I wasn't ninjaing them from his face, and c) believe it or not Vash'jir is actually big enough for TWO WHOLE PEOPLE to gather herbs!

It's like my very presence was threatening or something. O.o I know seal form is scary looking and all, but it's not THAT bad.

Deleted
    I do, always have, always will.

I used to fly by if someone was fighting at a node or a herb but after been robbed by so many others that dont care about it i found myself doing the same cause i got sick and tired of not getting what i needed to lvl my professions!

Yep, i don't really care for peoples feelings im farming for me
    Hi Sephurik