Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Raids + Bandages = Do you Need?

Are bandages essential at raiding? 10 or 25?

They give a 35,000 hp return on a full bandage for reference.

I read a post some time ago about this.. 1 holy paladin posted and said that 1 bandage saves him about 18k mana, which would be roughly 20% of a decent geared healer's mana atm. So yes, I'd say they're essential for raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are raiding, you should have a healer.

Healing is the healer's job.
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by EFG View Post

And if you have dumb dps or something went to hell, healers would appreciate any and all help.

Quote Originally Posted by EFG View Post

Well, My main is a healer... I can't heal if you dumb dps keep taking insane amount of damage. Bandages would help out alot then busting all of my cool downs straight away, or wasting a shit ton of mana when I could have done it on the tank when he actually needed some healing bombing.... Just sayin'.

.|[Yes, I make signatures]|.

DPS should not be bandaging in a boss fight. If you are having trouble healing it would be more efficient to swap a DPS for a healer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dead DPS is 0 DPS. Do your raid a favor and stay alive. If they help and make your healer's lives easier, then it SHOULD be common sense to use healing pots, bandages, lock cookies, your own spells/abilities, etc to heal yourself a bit.

In my personal opinion, Yes, Healers should be able to do everything like they did in Wrath of the Lich King. But you know, this isn't wrath anymore. Everything is harder. Blizzard gave us just about as much mana just to get the job done and then some. It is not our job to keep you alive if you stand in the fire, or stand in falling rocks.

Healing potions, Bandages, Lock candies, etc, is helpful. I don't understand where people think that it is OUR job to heal YOU. Your option to stand in the fire is as powerful as my option to save you. Which in my personal opinion, I would rather save my mana then drain it all on someone who just doesn't get it and not move at all. Make our lives easier, don't make it harder - Us healer's don't ask for much (Or at least I do not, anyway.)

Happy New Years!

.|[Yes, I make signatures]|.

demon armor / drain life macro = win

Go raid Chimaeron... and u'll see how usefull bandages are before every feud. At least nowadays whilst we don't trivialize the content by overgearing it by 2 tiers.

I love the clueless "healing is the healers responsability" or "bring a healer durrr"... ignorance is bliss.

bandages are there for a reason

as a healer of 7 tiers of content seeing dps use bandages/healthpots/healthstones is one of the best signs that they know what they are doing same goes for defensive cooldowns to help reduce total damage taken these are signs of intelligence and awareness
    sure certain short dps race fight may require this to be overlooked but most fights have a movement / add pick up phase that would allow the use of a bandage without reducing dps saving healers mana for the times when it is important especially as a fight goes on and mana becomes an issue

at the end of the day anything anyone can do to help the raid kill the boss is the best choice

any player that refuses to use all there abilities / resources is making it harder to achieve the common goal

5point recuperate ftw

Can't say for nowdays but in Vanilla and TBC we wouldn't let anyone into the raids who didn't have max First Aid and some bandages with them unless they could heal themselves.

I've always gone by the motto, "Keeping the tank alive is the healer's responsibility; keeping the healer alive is the tank's responsibility; everyone else will quickly learn to not pull aggro and bring bandages."

While I think that there should be heals for the non-tanks, the tanks have first priority. If the raid is suddenly hit with something that takes everyone to half health, it is far easier to have a few dps bandage themselves rather than waste thousands of mana and several gcd's on non-tanks.

A tanks job is taking damage.
    A healers job is healing the tank.
    A DpS job is killing the boss.

No need for a healer to heal the DpS, no?
    A full Bandage on CD can be about 8% the healing a healer does, while sacrificing about 8% of the DpS you do.
    So might as well have 10 people bandage themselves and swap a raid heal for a DpS, no?

If you are a good DpS, you know when you need to down your healthstone or use a bandage, if you are a bad DpS you will blame the healer for not doing their job. In a 10m raid this difference is a lot more of a problem than in a 25m raid. Going 2/6/2 vs. 2/5/3 is 17% less damage for 50% more heal, while in a 25m raid going from 3/17/5 to 3/16/6 is 6% less damage for 17% more heal. The window to adjust your healers is a lot more forgiving in 25m raids as it is in 10m raids.

If you ever are in a situation where you are not taking damage and don't have to move and you are sitting around at half HP not bandaging yourself, I would shout at you so bad. It's one thing to stop if you are at 100% DpS and then bandage, but your overall DpS loss is a lot less when you are only able to 50-0% of your DpS. But it still takes the healer the same amount of mana to heal you. Haven't been raiding yet, but to give some examples from 5mans: Think of stuff like heroic stonecore, when you wait for the stones to fall on the last boss or when you are hiding behind the stones on the second boss when he does his crystal shower thing or flies up in the middle. Those are perfect examples for when bandages are a great idea to heal yourself because it was your fault you took damage anyway.
    Basically, whenever a healer has to compensate the stupidity of a DpS/Tank with his mana, it is a great moment to help with healing by using a bandage or other means (since a lot of classes have self-heal-mechanics they can use to minimize the DpS loss when self healing).

I say yes, bandages are essential, for the sole reason of giving you another tool to survive if the excrement hits the fan.
    Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2011-01-01 at 03:50 AM.

Bandages are a must IMO - Healers are there to keep people alive but if shit hits the fan and they need that extra OOMPH then start bandaging and help them out, whats the point in wiping just because you want that extra derps on the meters?
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

id say yes because you can never go wrong with a free heal for the dps if the healers are focused on the tank

smoke em if you got em, if not, dont bitch at me when i choose to keep the tank and myself alive over you.
    Scrapbot Was Here.
    I was asked a simple question in school today; 3 men walk into a bar, 1 orders a Margarita, 1 orders a Screwdriver, and the third orders the largest glass of Guinness he could get. Which on is gay?
    My answer: The one who bought the Guinness because he gave it to me.
    my teacher looked at my answer and laughed. i got bonus points because of it.

Been raiding since vanilla, mage for vanilla and TBC, bear druid for WotLK and Cata. Even as a tank I bring bandaids. I've saved my own life more times than I can count with them in my raiding career.

Deleted
    I always have bandages, potions and a lot of things with me to heal myself when i know the tank is in trouble, i'll gladly use my resources so the healers don't go into a stress mode. In fact all the ranged dps in my guild do it like that. As a ranged u shouldn't take too much dmg though, though some like to stand in aoe for some odd reason.