(Resto) Which is it?

Hey, I'm looking for someone with more than an unproven assertion here.....

Are Resto shaman currently the worst healers by a huge margin and only brought for mana tide?

Or are they second best only to paladins.

I've heard both, and I'm not sure which one is correct.

Its neither. For the most part Paladins and Priests are still better, but not by the margin most would lead you to believe. You can take a glance at WoL to get an idea, but its not concrete evidence of anything.

I heal along side both classes, and while they beat me on meters (matters little to me) its not by much of a difference at all. Maybe this can be attributed to us knowing each others play style and working well together, i dont know, but I feel in any raid with any healers i will hold my own and more importantly do my job effectively.

Too many people complain about how hard it is to heal in Cata, and mainly its due to Wrath where healing was easily done by a blind 4 year old and peoples lack of adaptation to the new way of healing. Regardless, anyone that would only bring a Shaman for a Mana Tide is one person i would never let lead my raids.

Paladins and Priests don't have totems or heroism

Ok we're not playing this game. Different healers are good at different things. Comparing buffs from each healing spec is just comparing apples and oranges. Good players will play good no matter what class they heal with.